About Shriram Two-Wheeler Insurance Company
Shriram General Insurance Co. was founded in 2006 as a joint venture between Shriram Capital Ltd. and Sanlam Limited of South Africa. This company is registered with IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India). Besides being a reliable insurance provider in India, they are the most favoured insurance partner of IRCTC. Shriram is known for offering quality general insurance products including travel, home, motor, and more customised products as per the requirements of the customers. The Shriram motor insurance solutions include two-wheeler, four-wheeler, and commercial vehicle insurance. It has been recently conferred the "Rising Star of the Year 2018" award by India Insurance Summit.
Shriram Two-Wheeler Insurance
The Shriram two-wheeler insurance policies are crafted for bike owners who are looking for an economical yet comprehensive risk cover for their vehicles. Since these policies are meant to meet the needs of the buyers at every situation, with these policies in place, you can enjoy full freedom and security with your two-wheeler. The exclusive two-wheeler insurance policies offered by Shriram General Insurance Co. give complete coverage in the event of any unforeseen incident regarding your vehicle such as physical damage, theft, and third-party liabilities. This insurance company also offers enhanced protections through nil depreciation.
Key Features of Shriram Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy
The two-wheeler insurance policies offered by Shriram General Insurance Co. come with a number of features that make them stand out from the policies offered by the other insurance providers:
- Absolutely paperless online policy purchase
- Insurance cover for 12 months from the date of commencement
- Maximum 50% No Claim Bonus even for insurances from other providers
- 24/7 customer care assistance regarding two-wheeler insurance
- Easy online claim registration process along with status tracking facility
- Ease of transfer of existing No Claim Bonus from any insurance provider
- Hassle-free cashless claim settlement process at preferred network garages
- Extended protections through nil depreciation
- Super quick and efficient online renewal procedure
Key Benefits of Shriram Two-Wheeler Insurance
The government has put a rule in place making it mandatory to at least have a liability-only cover for your motor vehicle. Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance offers this liability-only cover. This however offers minimum cover for your vehicle. If are looking to protect your vehicle at all times, it is best to opt for a comprehensive insurance policy that offers much more coverage than the minimum liability-only cover. The advantages of holding an insurance policy have been listed here in the video below. Take a look and choose the Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance policy that best suits the amount of coverage you need.
There a number of benefits that Shriram Two-Wheeler insurance has to offer to the motorcycle owners. Some of the vital ones are as follows:
- Online policy purchase and renew process are very fast and take just 3 minutes
- Up to 50% of No Claim Bonus for any other two-wheeler insurer
- Hassle-free online insurance claim registration process with tracking facility
- Insurance offered at the most competitive premium rate in the industry
- Up to 40% discount for buyers on purchase of policy online
- Extended protection through zero depreciation cover
- Multiple value-added extensions at a minimal additional premium
- Hassle-free online claim settlement process with status tracking facility
- 24/7 claim notification service with timely assistance
- Highly secured payment through multiple payment options
- Prompt customer support that can be reached via phone and email
Coverage Offered Under Shriram Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Damage or loss caused from natural calamities: Shriram two-wheeler insurance policy protects your two-wheeler against damages and losses resulted from natural calamities such as self-ignition, explosion, fire, lightning, tempest, storm, hailstorm, cyclone, hurricane, typhoon, inundation, flood, earthquake, landslides, rockslides, frost, hailstorm, and others.
- Damage or loss resulted from man-made calamities: Shriram motor insurance policy protects your two-wheeler against damages and losses resulted from man-made calamities such as theft, burglary, riots, strikes, malicious activities, terrorist activities, damages in transit by rail, road, airway, waterway, elevator, lift, and any other accident through external means.
- Property liability: Under the two-wheeler insurance policy, you will get a coverage of up to Rs.1 lakh for third-party property damages caused by your vehicle. The company will pay the expenses resulted from the damage on your behalf.
- Third-Party Liability: This policy offers unlimited coverage to the policy owners against any financial or legal liabilities awarded by the court due to accidental damages, injuries, and deaths caused to a third person or their properties by your vehicle. This means all your financial responsibilities in these cases will be borne by the company.
- Damage or loss suffered by the vehicle while being used for purposes that are beyond the policy’s scope and limitation of usage.
- Damage or loss of the vehicle resulted because of willful negligence.
- Damage done to/by a person riding the bike or scooter under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Loss or damage caused to the vehicle when it is driven by a person not having a valid driving license.
- Wear and tear of the vehicle due to ageing, depreciation, electrical and mechanical breakdown or failures, and consequential loss.
- Loss resulted from nuclear weapons or radioactivity.
- Loss caused due to war and activities related to it.
- General wearing and tearing of vehicle parts such as tyres and tubes(in case the bike or scooter is damaged at the same time, the liability of the insurer will be up to 50% of the replacement cost.
Apart from these generic exclusions, there are ‘Policy Deductibles’ under which the company will not bear the first amount of each and every claim. This limit, however, can be chosen by the insured as per limits. The higher the limit is, the higher discount on premiums will be offered.
Extra Value-Added Extensions Available
Shriram General Insurance offers special value-added extensions for protecting you and your dear ones who travel with you on your bike or scooter. These can be included in the insurance policy to enhance the limitation of your two-wheeler insurance policy. Here are the added covers that come with this policy:
- Special feature discount: Under this add-on cover, you can avail a good amount of discounts on the amount charged for each feature of this insurance policy.
- Electrical and Electronic Accessories: The insurer under this additional feature will cover all the electrical and electrical accessories of your two-wheeler such as fog lamp, headlight, etc.
- Personal Accident Cover: In case of personal accidents, the insurer will provide coverage of minimum Rs.10,000 going up to Rs.2 lakh for personal accident of the insured, paid driver of the vehicle, and passengers including the parents, spouse, and children of the insured, and other unnamed passengers/pillion riders based on the vehicle’s seating capacity.
Shriram Two-Wheeler Insurance Claim process
The Shriram General Insurance policyholders can register a claim with the company in cases of accident, breakdown, or theft of the vehicle in three-four simple steps mentioned below:
Immediately after any accident causing damage to the vehicle, or in cases of theft or robbery you should instantly register your claim with the company by calling the Customer Help Desk. To intimate the claim you need to call the following toll-free numbers within the given time slots:
1800-300-30000 - Monday to Sunday between 4:00 a.m and Midnight 12:00 a.m
1800-103-3009 - Monday to Sunday between 9:30 A.M and Evening 5:30 p.m
Alternately, you can also download the Claim Intimation Sheet from the website, fill the form, and send it to the Help Desk at email@example.com. Within sometime, the claim support representatives will get back to you and brief you the further process and details. You can also go to the ‘Claim Intimation’ section on the website, enter all your details and submit the request.
While intimating the claim with the company, you must keep the following information handy for quicker settlement of the claim:
- Date and time of the accident
- Proposal no. or Policy no.
- Description of the estimated loss
- Location of survey where the vehicle can be surveyed by the loss assessor
- Name of the driver and contact no. along with the DL details
- Contact details of the insured
In the next step the customer support team of the company will take the intimation of the claim and you will be provided with the claim reference number. After the claim is registered with the company and the company assigns a loss assessor, a text message will be sent to your registered phone number for confirmation along with the details of the surveyor.
In this step the surveyor will contact you and ask you the preferable survey time and location. Accordingly, he/she will arrange the survey within the decided time. You have to provide the following documents to the surveyor at the time of survey as suggested by the assessor and type of vehicle. The documents that you need to provide should relate to the type of vehicle, intensity of the accident, and the claim processing team’s requirement in OD claim settlement.
If the surveyor advices for a re-inspection of the vehicle, then you need to contact the surveyor or CHD for re-inspection when the vehicle is ready.
Shriram Customer Care Contact Details:
In case you have any concern or issue with respect to the two-wheeler insurance policy offered by Shriram General Insurance Company, you can get in touch with the insurer using the details given below:
Shriram Customer Care Telephone Number:
Toll-free numbers: 1800-300-30000, 1800-103-3009
Shriram Customer Care Email ID:
The customer support executives of Shriram General Insurance company can also be contacted through email. You can write to them at firstname.lastname@example.org for instant email support. If you want to contact any specific branch through mail, go to the ‘Branch Locator’ tab and enter the city/state whose details you want. You will be provided with an email id and the mobile numbers of that particular branch.
Shriram Customer Care Contact Form
In case you have issues or concerns and you want the Shriram General Insurance team to get in touch with you then you can message them by filling a form given on the website. When you fill the form you have to provide your name, mobile number, and email Id along with your concern. The customer care team will get back to you soon through the phone or email id provided by you.
Visit Your Nearest Shriram General Insurance Branch
Whether you want to purchase a new two-wheeler insurance policy from Shriram or you have to renew your existing policy, you can visit the nearest Shriram General Insurance branch office and approach the concerned department and support team to get any required assistance. Here are the details of the corporate office of the company:
Shriram General Insurance Co. Ltd.
E-8, EPIP, RIICO Industrial Area,
Sitapura, Jaipur - 302022 (Raj.)
Customer Help Desk- Toll free: 1800-300-30000
Fax: 0141-2770692, 2770693
Shriram Branch Offices in Important Cities
If you wish to buy or renew your motor insurance policy or have queries or concerns that need to be resolved, you may also visit your nearest Shriram General Insurance Limited branch to get the required assistance. Here are the addresses and phone numbers of the branch locations in some important cities in India. You can make use of the ‘Branch Locator’ option given on the official website to locate the nearest branch office.
|Shivaji Nagar||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., No.:302, 3rd Floor, S&S Corner Building, Plot No. : 48, Hospital Road, Shivaji Nagar, Bangalore - 560001.||7412078236 7412078237 7412078238|
|Jayanagar||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., 1st Floor, 41, A.J. Chambers, R.V.Road, Basavanagudi, Jayanagar, Bangalore - 560004||7847957766/67/68/69/70|
|Rajajinagar||Shriram General Insurance Co.Ltd. 35,3RD Floor, Ambika Plaza, 1st Main Road,4th N Block, Dr. Rajkumar Road,Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore -560010||N/A|
|Mumbai (Thane)||Shriram General Insurance Co. Ltd. Office No.106, Road No.22, Exclensia, Lodha Supurmus-2, Wagale Estate, Thane-400604||7412079565 7412078337 7412078338|
|Mumbai (Vashi)||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., Satra Plaza Commercial Complex Office, No. # 1006, 10TH FLOOR, Palm Beach Road, Plot No. # 19/20, Sector 19D,Vashi, Navi Mumbai - 400705.||7412079619 7412079606|
|Mumbai (Ghatkopar)||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., Swastik Disa Corporate Park, 6th Floor, Office No. 611, Opp. Shreyas Cinema L.B.S.Road, Ghatkopar West Mumbai-400086.||7412078335 7412078336|
|Mumbai (Andheri)||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., 1&2, Ground Floor, Heritage Plaza, TeIli Gali Cross lane, Andheri (East) Mumbai-400069||7412079575 7412079574 7303467592|
|Chennai||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., Mookambika Complex, Bearing No.2A, 2nd Floor, No.4, Lady Desika Road, Mylapore, Chennai (T.N) - 600004.||7412078257/58/59/60/61/62/63/64/65/67/68|
|Chennai (OMR)||Shriram General Insurance Company Limited Plot No. 5, 1st Floor, Ramachandran Seevaram, Chennai-600096||044 - 69000006/07|
|Hyderabad||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., No. 3-6-517, 4th Floor, Sai Dutta Arcade, Flat No. - 401 - 403, Street No. 6, Himayath Nagar, Hyderabad - 500029.||7412079628/ 7412079634/ 7412079636/ 7412079635/ 7412079616/ 7412079568|
|Kolkata||Shriram General Insurance Co.Ltd. 1st Floor, 53A, Rafi Ahmed Kidwai Road, Kolkata - 700016 (West Bengal)||7412078317/ 7412078318/ 7412078319|
|Janakpuri||Shriram General Insurance Co. Ltd. C-30, First Floor, Community Centre, Janakpuri, Near Janak Cinema, New Delhi-110058||7412078303/04/05/06/07|
|Karol Bagh||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., 1001, GF, Arya Samaj Road, Naiwala, Karol Bagh, New Delhi - 110005||7412039287/7412039288/7412031092/7412031093/7412031094/7412031095/7412031096/7412031097/7412031098|
|Lajpat Nagar||Shriram General Insurance Co.Ltd. 2nd Floor, A 32, Lajpat Nagar II, Near Lajpat Nagar Metro Station, New Delhi - 110024||7412078324/25/26/27/28/29|
|Laxmi Nagar||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., 506 - 507, 5th Floor, Pragati Deep Building, Laxmi Nagar, District Centre, New Delhi - 110092||9015991992/9015991993|
|Pitampura||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., Plot No.-B-08, Unit No.-402 & 403, 4th Floor, GD ITL Tower, Netaji Subash Place,Pitampura, New Delhi - 110034||7412079633/7412079647/ 7412079650/7412079646/ 7412079648|
|Ahmedabad||Shriram General Insurance Co.Ltd.,B-33,4th Floor,Sanidhya Complex, Opposite Sanyas Ashram, Near Ellis bridge,Ashram Road, Ahmedabad-380009||7412079532/33 /34|
|Pune||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., Office No. 205 to 208, 2nd Floor, F - Wing, Parmar Trade Center, 32/496, B. J. Road, Near Sadhu Waswani Chowk, Connaught Road, Ghorpadi, Pune - 411 001||7412079576/ 7412079581|
|Bhubaneswar||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., Gitanjali Complex, Lewis Road, Flat No. 2863/3719, Bhubaneswar-751002||7852945195/ 7852945196/ 7852945197|
|Allahabad||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., LDA Centre, No. 2, S.P.Marg, Nawab Yusaf Road, Civil Lines,Behind Punjab National Bank, Allahabad - 211001||7412079541/ 7412079644/ 7412079645|
|Ranchi||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., 2nd Floor, Jha Niwas, Opposite Hotel Yuvraj Palace, Diversion Road, Doranda, Ranchi - 834002||7412078356/ 7412078355|
|Cochin||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., 41/339/C, 2nd Floor, Azad Tower, Ammankovil Cross Road, Ernakulam, Cochin - 382035||7412078274/ 75/76|
|Trivandrum||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., TC 20/899-3, 2nd Floor, SK Tower, Next to Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Karamana Road, Karamana, Trivandrum, Kerala - 695002||7412079588/7412079587|
|Bhopal||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., Ist Floor, Plot No.48, M P Nagar, Zone-II, Bhopal 462011||7412059604/ 7412079595/ 7412079596/ 7412079597/ 7412059603|
|Jaipur||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., A/10-14, Indra Palace, Near Gaurav Tower, Malviya Nagar, Jaipur - 302017||7821824689/ 7821824690/ 7412079572/ 7412079573/ 7821824693/ 7821824694/ 7821824695|
|Raipur||Shriram General Insurance Co. Ltd, 4th Floor, Maruti Heights, G.E.Road, Beside Sky (Maruti) Dealer, Raipur-492001||7412079627/ 7412079617|
|Mandi||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., Ward No-2, VPO Gutkar (208) ,Tehsil-Sadar,Mandi - 175021||8263084342 and 8263084343|
|Pondicherry||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., No.27, 100 FEET ROAD, SUNDAR RAJA NAGAR, MUDALIARPET, PONDICHERRY-605004||7412079607/ 08|
|Patna||Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd., 3rd Floor, Kedar Bhawan, S.P.Verma Road, Patna - 800001||7412059605/ 7412059606|
Jammu and Kashmir
|Jammu||Shriram General Insurance Co. Ltd. 205 (A-2), 2nd Floor, South Block, Bahu Plaza, Jammu - 180004||0191 - 2479884|
Shriram Two-Wheeler Insurance FAQs:
How long will it take to settle the claim?
The claim can be settled within 7 days from the date when all the documents that are required are submitted.
What will happen after the claim is intimidated?
After you report the claim, a surveyor will be appointed to survey your claim. He/she will get in touch with you to know when and where to conduct the loss assessment of the vehicle.
What are the benefits of buying or renewing a two-wheeler insurance online?
You can get the following benefits when you purchase/renew a two-wheeler policy online:
- Up to 40% discount when you purchase your insurance policy online
- The entire process being paperless is easy and fast to complete
- Ease of payment through multiple secured payment options
How long will a two-wheeler insurance policy from Shriram be valid?
The insurance policy cover will remain valid for 12 months from the date of commencement of the policy.
How can I make changes in the policy document?
You can make changes in the policy through an endorsement which is a written evidence of mutually agreeable changes made in your policy. Usually, an endorsement is issued by the insurer at the time of policy issuance in order to offer extra benefits and coverage or to impose restrictions. The words of the endorsement are given by the insurer. A new endorsement can also be issued by the company to keep a record of alterations like address change, name change, and model change of the vehicle.
How long does the online policy purchase/renewal process take?
It just takes a few minutes to complete the process online. You have to provide all your details and we will provide you with a product list matching your requirements. After you choose the product, pay the amount through internet via cheque, credit card and net banking.
Can I cancel the policy as well as the claims?
Yes, you can cancel the policy that you have purchased as well as the claim. The company will provide you full assistance in this matter. To cancel the policy you can give a call at 1800-300-30000 or visit the nearest branch which is close to your place.
Is it wise to make small claims?
Sometimes, it is wise not to make small claims. Whenever your vehicle needs repair, approximately calculate the expenses of the repair. In case the No Claim Bonus that you are eligible to get the next year is more than the repair estimate, it is better not to register a claim and pay for the damage on your own.
What will happen if someone else is driving my vehicle at the time of accident?
If someone else having a valid driving license was driving your vehicle at the time of accident with your permission, the insurance policy will still be applicable .
What is third-party risk cover?
It is a mandatory requirement for every policy-holder to get a third-party insurance cover as it offers coverage to the insured against third-party risks. This means the company will compensate for deaths and other damages caused to any third person or his/her property. However, it will not cover the damages caused to your vehicle during the accident.
Can I purchase Shriram two wheeler insurance policy online?
Yes, you can instantly purchase Shriram two wheeler insurance policy online. You can avail special benefits such as a discount of 40% on the premium when you purchase the policy online.
What is the validity period of my Shriram two wheeler insurance policy?
The Shriram two wheeler insurance policy is valid for a period of 12 months, after which it should be renewed.
What are the modes of online payment of premium that is available?
You can pay the premium online through the Shriram General Insurance website by using your net banking facility, Cheque or by using your credit card/ debit card.
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.
- Two Wheeler Insurance Bangalore
- Two Wheeler Insurance Chennai
- Two Wheeler Insurance in Hyderabad
- Two Wheeler Insurance Kolkata
- Two Wheeler Insurance Mumbai
- Two Wheeler Insurance Pune
- Two Wheeler Insurance Chandigarh
- Two Wheeler Insurance Indore
- Two Wheeler Insurance Ahmedabad
- Two Wheeler Insurance Coimbatore
- Two Wheeler Insurance in Goa
- Two Wheeler Insurance Jaipur
- Two Wheeler Insurance Noida
- Two Wheeler Insurance Gurgaon
- Royal Enfield Two Wheeler Insurance
- Honda Two Wheeler Insurance
- Mahindra Two Wheeler Insurance
- Hero MotoCorp Two Wheeler Insurance
- Harley Davidson Two Wheeler Insurance
- Kawasaki Two Wheeler Insurance
- Suzuki Two Wheeler Insurance
- Triumph Two Wheeler Insurance
- Bajaj Two Wheeler Insurance
- TVS Two Wheeler Insurance
- KTM Two Wheeler Insurance
- Hyosung Two Wheeler Insurance
- Yamaha Two Wheeler Insurance
- BMW Two Wheeler Insurance
- Piaggio Two Wheeler Insurance