If you have a two wheeler, you don’t have to worry about any loss arising out of injury, third party liability, damage or theft if you opt for the two wheeler insurance plan offered by Shriram General Insurance. This two wheeler insurance policy offers overall coverage in the event of any unforeseen incident involving your vehicle. By availing an insurance cover for your two wheeler vehicle from Shriram General Insurance, you are assured of instant accessibility to their services online as well as customer care assistance 24*7.
Key Benefits Of Shriram India Two Wheeler Insurance
Cashless Claim Networks
Cashless claim service available at authorised network garages across India.
Policyholders can avail a maximum discount of 50% as No Claim Bonus on renewal.
When the policy is about to expire, policyholders can renew it online.
Add-on Covers For Shriram India Two Wheeler Insurance
Third Party Cover
Maximum cover for third-party property damage will be Rs. 1,00,000 in the case of two-wheelers.
Personal Accident Cover
Personal accident coverage will be provided to policyholders.
Inclusions And Exclusions In Shriram India Two Wheeler Insurance
Loss or damage to the insured vehicle due to fire / earthquake / flood / cyclone
Damage by a person driving under the influence of liquor / alcohol / drugs
Benefits of Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance Policy :
- Online accessibility: You can instantly purchase and renew your two wheeler insurance online, using the Shriram General Insurance website. You can also register a claim and track the status of your request online.
- 24*7 Customer Assistance: A dedicated team of customer service executives are available 24*7 to provide assistance to the policy holder with regards to any query/ concern related to the policy or for claims assistance.
- Cashless Claims: This policy also offers the opportunity to avail cashless claim at authorized garages.
- Premium: This two wheeler insurance policy offers greater coverage at lower premium, compared to policies from other insurance providers.
Features of Shriram Bike Insurance Plan:
No Claim Bonus
The No Claim Bonus that has been accumulated by the policy holder from another insurance provider can be transferred to the existing/new two wheeler insurance policy from Shriram General Insurance. A policy holder is eligible to avail up to 50% NCB (No Claim Bonus) when he/she has transferred the two wheeler insurance from another insurance provider.
The two wheeler insured under the Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance Policy, will be given a fixed rate, i.e., the IDV (Insured Declared Value). The Insured Declared Value is the maximum sum assured that is offered by the insurance provider in the event of total loss or theft of the two wheeler. This takes depreciation into account and deducts the same from the selling price of the two wheeler, as listed by the manufacturer.
The premium that has to be paid by the policy holder in order to avail the Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance Policy depends on various factors such as the weight of the bike, the displacement of the engine, age of the vehicle, Insured Declared Value (IDV) and the location where the vehicle has been registered in.
Cover Offered under the Shriram Bike Insurance Policy :
Damage/ Loss of the Vehicle
In the unfortunate event of damage to the vehicle or loss of the insured two wheeler due to man-made or natural disasters, this two wheeler insurance policy offers full coverage.
Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance Policy offers cover for man-made calamities such as theft, strike, burglary, riot, terrorist activity, accident caused by third party, malicious act, damage to vehicle while in transit by road, lift, rail, elevator, air or inland waterway, and so on.
This two wheeler insurance policy covers any loss or damage arising out of natural disasters such as explosion, fire, lightning, flood, earthquake, self-ignition, hurricane, tempest, typhoon, storm, inundation, hailstorm, cyclone, rockslide, landslide, frost, etc.
Third Party Liability
Any legal liability arising out of injury or death of a third person due to an accident directly involving the insured two wheeler vehicle will be covered by Shriram General Insurance Company Ltd.
Third Party Property Liability
If the insured two wheeler vehicle causes any damage to a third party property, the insurance provider will offer a cover worth maximum Rs. 1, 00,000 under this policy.
By paying some extra premium, a policy holder can purchase add-on covers such as the following:
Personal Accident Cover
The policy holder can avail this extension to the two wheeler insurance policy to ensure coverage for the passengers and paid diver of the vehicle. The cover for the passengers depend upon the seating capacity and the passengers will include your parents, children, spouse, etc. This cover is available for a minimum of Rs. 10,000 to a maximum of Rs. 2, 00,000.
Cover for Electrical and Electronic Accessories
At an additional premium you can also avail coverall for all electronic or electrical fittings on your two wheeler.
Another extension to the policy is an attractive feature discount which you can avail at a nominal fee.
Exclusions under the Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance Policy :
- Damage or loss that arises out of deliberate negligence
- Damage or loss inflicted on the insured or third party if they are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Damage or loss arising out of usage of the vehicle by an unlicensed individual or diving outside the limitations of proper use of the vehicle.
- Damage or loss arising out of any radioactivity, nuclear war or nuclear weapons.
- Electrical or mechanical failure/ breakdown/ breakages, wear and tear, consequential loss or depreciation.
- Damage or loss arising out of any war or related activities.
- Policy deductibles – a portion of the claim that has to be paid by the policy holder. The higher the amount paid by the customer, the greater will be the discount on the two wheeler insurance premium.
Shriram Bike Insurance Policy Claims Procedure :
Shriram General Insurance offers assistance around the clock for claims notification and registration. IT also assures same day assistance and survey of the insured vehicle. The status of the claims process can be easily tracked online or retrieved from the customer care executives once you provide the required details.
Shriram Two Wheeler Insurance Plan FAQs :
- Can I purchase Shriram two wheeler insurance policy online?
Yes, you can instantly purchase Shriram two wheeler insurance policy online. You can avail special benefits such as a discount of 40% on the premium when you purchase the policy online.
- What is the validity period of my Shriram two wheeler insurance policy?
The Shriram two wheeler insurance policy is valid for a period of 12 months, after which it should be renewed.
- What are the modes of online payment of premium that is available?
You can pay the premium online through the Shriram General Insurance website by using your net banking facility, Cheque or by using your credit card/ debit card.
- Two Wheeler Insurance for Three Years
- Top 5 Two Wheeler Insurance Company In India
- How to Calculate Two Wheeler Insurance Premium in India
- Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance In India
- Why Get Your Bike Insured?
- 6 Benefits of Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal
- How to Renew Lapsed Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Online?
- Is Bike Insurance Mandatory in India?
- Zero Depreciation Cover for Bike Insurance
- A Beginner’s Guide to Two Wheeler Insurance
- Importance of Two Wheeler Insurance
- Tips to Reduce Bike Insurance Premiums
- How to Cancel Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
- Royal Enfield Two Wheeler Insurance
- Honda Two Wheeler Insurance
- Mahindra Two Wheeler Insurance
- Hero MotoCorp Two Wheeler Insurance
- Harley Davidson Two Wheeler Insurance
- Kawasaki Two Wheeler Insurance
- Suzuki Two Wheeler Insurance
- Triumph Two Wheeler Insurance
- Bajaj Two Wheeler Insurance
- TVS Two Wheeler Insurance
- KTM Two Wheeler Insurance
- Hyosung Two Wheeler Insurance
- Yamaha Two Wheeler Insurance
- BMW Two Wheeler Insurance
- Piaggio Two Wheeler Insurance
- two wheeler insurance bangalore
- two wheeler insurance chennai
- two wheeler insurance in hyderabad
- two wheeler insurance kolkata
- two wheeler insurance mumbai
- two wheeler insurance pune
- two wheeler insurance chandigarh
- two wheeler insurance indore
- two wheeler insurance ahmedabad
- two wheeler insurance coimbatore
- two wheeler insurance in goa
- two wheeler insurance jaipur
- two wheeler insurance noida
- two wheeler insurance gurgaon
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.