List of documents required to buy new two wheeler in India:
Given the congested riding conditions in Indian cities, where traffic moves at a snail’s pace, a two wheeler can is often the most suitable form of commuting. Not only are they easy to maneuver through traffic, but also require far lesser space for parking, making them ideal for in-city travel. Be it travelling going to pick up groceries, travelling to work, popping over to a nearby store, making a quick trip to a friend’s house, a two wheeler helps save considerable time.
In case you are planning to buy a two-wheeler, do be prepared to provide documents which will be required by the dealer, the bank (in case you are taking a loan) and the two wheeler insurance company. Following are the documents which you will need to provide.
Documents required For Vehicle Registration:
1. Passport size photograph
2. Attested copy of ID proof – Driving License or PAN Card
3. Proof of Permanent Residence (attested copies) – Passport, Voter ID Card, copy of LIC policy.
In case you do not have any of the aforementioned documents, you may provide any of the following documents as an alternative. Please note, the documents must be duly attested.
- Electricity Bill
- Phone Bill (BSNL Land Line)
- Ration card
- House Tax Receipt from corporation
- Index II
In case you are purchasing a two-wheeler in a city other than that of your residence, these are the additional documents you will be required to provide. All documents provided must be duly attested.
- Copy of Registered Rent Agreement.
- Copy of your landlord’s electricity bill.
- Letter From Your Employer or Bonafide Certificate from your college.
- Original Affidavit