Top 11 Two Wheeler Insurance Companies in India 2019

With the advent of online insurance sales, there is a plethora of two wheeler insurance plans offered by insurance companies in India today. Here, we take a look at the top insurance companies offering an assortment of two-wheeler insurance solutions.

Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company

One of India’s biggest and best general insurance companies, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company came into existence in 2001. Since its establishment, it has grown exponentially, with a presence in nearly 200 towns and cities across the country. It offers a wide variety of insurance products that cater to the requirements of a diverse customer base. The company has been able to penetrate the market to a great extent thanks to its state-of-the-art digital applications. Bajaj Allianz two wheeler insurance carries superior values and the company ensures that its customers have an excellent experience.

HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company

Another major general insurance company in India, HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company is a joint venture between ERGO International AG – the primary insurance body of the Munich Re Group, and HDFC Ltd. The company offers a variety of insurance products across travel, health, motor, and general categories. It also provides property insurance, marine insurance, and liability insurance to its customers. Currently, HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company has 122 branches in 106 cities and employs more than 1,000 people. ICRA Limited has given HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company the iAAA rating and it has also received the ISO certification for its customer service, policy issuance, and claim services, making it one of the best options out there.

Bharti AXA Motor Insurance Company

Bharti Enterprises owns Bharti AXA General Insurance Company in collaboration with AXA, which is a worldwide leader in financial protection. About 51% of the stake in the venture is held by Bharti Enterprises while the remaining 49% is held by AXA Group. The company came into existence in 2008 and presently has more than 80 branches across India. It offers a variety of insurance policies for commercial as well as retail clients. You can avail travel insurance, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance, home insurance, car insurance, and two wheeler insurance from Bharti AXA General Insurance Company. Bharti AXA two wheeler insurance extends to a number of helpful products such as commercial vehicle insurance, third-party liability insurance, etc. Since its inception over 10 years ago, Bharti AXA Motor Insurance Company has issued nearly 10 million policies, settling around 1.3 million claims in the process so far.

National Insurance Company

Founded in 1906, the National Insurance Company is India’s oldest insurance company. It is also the only non-life insurance company in the public sector and among the most trusted insurers across the country. The National Insurance Company has received the ‘Best in Service’ award for its health and motor insurance business that comprises 63% of the non-life insurance market in India, making it an option worth considering if you are looking to purchase two wheeler insurance online.

IFFCO Tokio Insurance Company

The Indian Farmers’ Fertilizer Co-operative Nichido Fire Group, or IFFCO, as it is commonly known, and Tokio Marine got into a joint venture to create IFFCO Tokio Insurance Company in the year 2000. Since it was established as an insurance major in the country, IFFCO Tokio Insurance Company has grown significantly as the years have passed. It offers a wide variety of motor insurance products that cater to the needs of a diverse customer base. The two wheeler insurance policies offered by IFFCO Tokio Insurance Company are simple, and the company also has a high claim settlement ratio which makes it a preferred option among many bike owners in the country.

New India Assurance Company Limited

Sir Dorabji Tata, the founding member of the House of Tata established the New India Assurance Company Limited in 1919. A merger of Indian companies saw the New India Assurance Company Limited get nationalised in 1973, and it has since gained a reputation for being one of India’s leading insurers. It remains the first non-life company in the country whose global business crossed Rs.22,270 crores in March 2017, and has an international presence in Singapore, Kenya, Japan, the UK, and the middle east. It offers comprehensive and liability-only two wheeler insurance policies to its customers at competitive rates and has plans that are designed to meet your unique insurance needs.

L&T Motor Insurance Company

Larsen and Toubro Limited (L&T) fully owns the L&T General Insurance Company Ltd. Forbes has rated L&T General Insurance Company Ltd. among the top 50 reputed companies across the globe, and the company’s goal is to establish itself as an insurer that stands out from its competitors by providing its customers with helpful and effective insurance solutions. The L&T Group has been around for 70 years, gaining financial strength and expertise that have contributed towards making it a leader in several segments and construing it as a trustworthy and credible insurance company thanks to its effective range of products.

SBI Insurance Company

The SBI General Insurance Company Limited is jointly owned by Insurance Australia Group (IAG) and the State Bank of India. The State Bank of India is the country’s largest banking institution and has more than 20,000 branches in towns and cities across India. It also has five associate banks and owns 74% of the SBI Insurance Company while the remaining 26% stake is held by IAG. SBI Insurance Company offers a variety of insurance products such as travel insurance, home insurance, health insurance, motor insurance, personal accident insurance, fire insurance, marine insurance, etc. SBI two wheeler insurance is definitely one of the options to consider if you plan to buy bike insurance online.

Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company

The very first private sector insurance company to be licensed in India, Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company offers a wide range of insurance solutions across travel, home, personal accident, motor, and health sectors. The company has more than five million customers and distributes its products across 136 cities in India. It is one of the most reputable and trusted insurance companies in the country and Royal Sundaram two wheeler insurance is one of the best options out there if you are looking for bike insurance online.

Reliance General Insurance Company

A part of the Reliance Group, the Reliance General Insurance Company is among India’s most trusted insurance companies. It caters to a diverse customer base and has a variety of insurance products such as travel insurance, health insurance, motor insurance and much more. With 139 offices across the country, Reliance General Insurance Company is among the most popular as well as trusted insurers in India. The company has received several awards for Quality Management System from Det Norske Veritas – a renowned Global Quality Standards Auditing Company. It also holds the distinct privilege of being the first insurance company from India to receive the company-wide ISO 9001:2008 certification thanks to its provision of quality products and services to customers across the country.

Considering the number of quality insurance providers in India, it is essential to do your homework and consider a variety of factors to find the insurance company and policy that best suit your unique insurance requirements.

Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.

reTH65gcmBgCJ7k
This Page is BLOCKED as it is using Iframes.