United India, one of the largest general insurers in the country, offers motor insurance policies that provide comprehensive cover for all kinds of vehicles. The company also offers two wheeler package policy that provides coverage to two wheeler vehicle owners against various losses or damages to the vehicle as well as liabilities to third parties.
The plan is available in two varieties:
- Package policy
- Liability only policy
The package policy provides cover in case of accidental loss and/or damage to the insured vehicle, personal accident cover for named and unnamed persons and third party liability cover. The liability only policy deals with liability claims and excludes the damage, loss and personal accident cover components of the comprehensive package policy, though the premiums are lower in liability only policies.
Features and Benefits of United India Two Wheeler Insurance Policy:
Following are some of the major features and benefits of this policy:
- Third party liability coverage.
- Personal accident cover subject to a maximum of Rs.1 lakh per insured year.
- No claim bonus from 20% up to 50% as per the number of claim free years.
- Automobile Association Membership Discount of 5% on Own Damage premium up to a maximum of Rs.50.
- Discount if vehicles are used within insured’s own sites or premises.
- Additional discount of 2.5% up to Rs.200 if anti-theft devices installed in the vehicle.
- 50% discount for vehicles meant for blind and mentally challenged persons.
- Option to extend the geographical area by paying Rs.500 additional premium per vehicle.
United India Two Wheeler Insurance Coverage:
The policy offers cover in case of loss or damage to the insured two wheeler arising out of:
- Lightning, self ignition or fire explosion
- Theft, housebreaking or burglary
- Strike and riots
- Flood, hurricane, typhoon, tempest, storm, cyclone, frost, hailstorm or inundation
- Accidental external means
- Malicious act
- Road, air, lift, elevator, rail or inland waterway transit
- Rockslide or landslide
In terms of liabilities to third parties, the following are covered under the policy:
- Bodily injury or death to a person including passengers in the same vehicle as per the requirements of the Motor Vehicles Act.
- Property damage other than insured’s own properties.
In terms of personal accident cover for the insured-driver:
- 100% coverage if death occurs within 6 months of accident, subject to a maximum amount of Rs.1 lakh.
- 100% coverage if loss of both limbs, both eyes or one limb and one eye within 6 months of accident, subject to a maximum of Rs.1 lakh.
- 50% coverage if loss of one limb or one eye within 6 months of accident, subject to a maximum of Rs.1 lakh.
- 100% coverage if permanent total disablement from injuries other than pointed above within 6 months of accident, subject to a maximum of Rs.1 lakh.
The insured can claim only 1 of the above four personal accident benefits in an insurance year.
United India Bike Insurance Policy Claim Process:
In the event of a loss, damage or liability as covered by the policy, the following steps need to be taken:
- Inform the policy issuing office or the nearest United India office in person or through the phone.
- Do not remove the vehicle from spot in case of major accidents like riot or fire until an appointed surveyor comes to the location. The same should also be followed in case of accidents involving commercial vehicles.
- In case of third party damages or liabilities, inform the nearest police station in detail.
- Once the initial formalities are done, you can get the vehicle to an authorized workshop as per your wishes.
- You should collect an estimate from the shop which has to be submitted along with the claim form for the final survey.
- Any police complaints or FIRs in original if available immediately may be provided to the surveyor. The FIR copy is compulsory in case of any third party loss, damage or liability.
- The repair work can proceed only after the final surveyor gives the go ahead for it.
- Once the repairs are done, you may submit the bills to the insurer for reimbursement if the claim has been verified.
- If the vehicle has been stolen, you need to immediately notify the company as well as the police. Delay in filing complaints may result in rejection of claim. An FIR is compulsory in these cases.
United India Two Wheeler Insurance Policy General Exclusions:
The following are excluded from coverage:
- Contractual liability claims.
- Accidental damage, loss and/or liability outside of geographic area.
- Accidental damage or loss to properties and related expenses.
- Radioactive, nuclear and similar causes.
- War, mutiny, foreign aggression etc.
- Claims when the driver of the vehicle did not have a valid Driver’s License.
- Damages sustained when driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
United India Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal Online:
The policy may be renewed online on the official United India Insurance Company website. The process is simple and payments can be made using debit card or credit card.
United India Two-wheeler Insurance FAQs
- What are the discounts offered by United India Insurance on two-wheeler packages?
The following discounts are offered by the insurer on two-wheeler insurance packages:
- No-Claim Bonus - NCB ranges from 20% to 50%, based on the number of claim-free years.
- Automobile Association of India (AAI) membership - Discount of 5% on the own-damage premium, subject to a maximum of Rs.50 for motorised two-wheelers.
- Installation of anti-theft devices - A discount of 2.5% on the own-damage component of premium.
- 50% discount on the own-damage premium if the vehicle is used by a handicapped, blind, or mentally-challenged individual.
- Do I have to bear additional premiums for installing CNG/LPG bi-fuel kit in my vehicle?
Two-wheelers fitted with CNG/LPG bi-fuel kits will have to be declared separately and premium will be charged at the rate of 4% on the value of the kit.
- My policy is due for renewal. How soon can I renew it?
The insurer allows you to renew your two-wheeler insurance policy only 30 days before the expiry date. You have time till the due date to pay the premium.
- Can I renew my expired policy through the online channel?
United India Insurance does not allow you to renew expired policies online. You will have to approach an insurance agent or visit the office of the insurer for the same. A list of the branch offices of the insurance company can be found at the official United India Insurance website.
- I had bought my two-wheeler insurance policy a year ago from a branch office of United India Insurance. Can I download a copy or check the status of the policy online?
This facility is currently not available on the insurer’s website. You can download a copy or check the status of a policy online only if it was renewed/bought through the insurer’s website.
- What premium payment channels are authorised by the insurer?
You can pay premiums through any of the following channels:
- Internet banking
- Debit card
- Credit card
- I have made a duplicate payment and the amount was deducted from my account twice. How do I get a refund?
- You should always note down the following information at the time of making a premium payment:
- Transaction ID
- Transaction date
- Amount paid
- Name of the insured/payee
- Send these details to email@example.com
- The insurer will initiate a refund which will be processed within 5 business days.
- You should always note down the following information at the time of making a premium payment:
- I would like to get a hard-copy of my policy documentation. How do I request for it?
A policy is always sent to the email ID that you furnished at the time of purchase. The insurer does not provide hard copies of the policy documentation even if you place a request for it.
- Is it possible to cancel a two-wheeler insurance policy online?
Yes, policies that were originally bought online can be cancelled online. You will be required to send a cancellation request through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also have to provide policy details in the email. Refund for the policy will be made as per the company rules.
- What is cashless claim facility?
The United India two-wheeler insurance policy coverage includes cashless claim facility. In the event of an accident, the policyholder can choose to get the bike repaired at any of the network garages affiliated to the insurance company. The cashless claim facility is particularly useful as the policyholder is not required to pay for the repair work up front. The insurer will settle the bills directly with the garage. The policyholder will only need to pay a minimal amount corresponding to deductibles.
Additionally, network garages also offer optimised services to customers. You can be assured of quality work and competitive pricing for repairs done at network garages.
- Two Wheeler Insurance for Three Years
- Top 5 Two Wheeler Insurance Company In India
- How to Calculate Two Wheeler Insurance Premium in India
- Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance In India
- Why Get Your Bike Insured?
- 6 Benefits of Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal
- How to Renew Lapsed Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Online?
- Is Bike Insurance Mandatory in India?
- Zero Depreciation Cover for Bike Insurance
- A Beginner’s Guide to Two Wheeler Insurance
- Importance of Two Wheeler Insurance
- Tips to Reduce Bike Insurance Premiums
- How to Cancel Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
- Royal Enfield Two Wheeler Insurance
- Honda Two Wheeler Insurance
- Mahindra Two Wheeler Insurance
- Hero MotoCorp Two Wheeler Insurance
- Harley Davidson Two Wheeler Insurance
- Kawasaki Two Wheeler Insurance
- Suzuki Two Wheeler Insurance
- Triumph Two Wheeler Insurance
- Bajaj Two Wheeler Insurance
- TVS Two Wheeler Insurance
- KTM Two Wheeler Insurance
- Hyosung Two Wheeler Insurance
- Yamaha Two Wheeler Insurance
- BMW Two Wheeler Insurance
- Piaggio Two Wheeler Insurance
- two wheeler insurance bangalore
- two wheeler insurance chennai
- two wheeler insurance in hyderabad
- two wheeler insurance kolkata
- two wheeler insurance mumbai
- two wheeler insurance pune
- two wheeler insurance chandigarh
- two wheeler insurance indore
- two wheeler insurance ahmedabad
- two wheeler insurance coimbatore
- two wheeler insurance in goa
- two wheeler insurance jaipur
- two wheeler insurance noida
- two wheeler insurance gurgaon
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.