The demand for fancy two-wheeler numbers has increased in recent times. People who own pricey motorcycles also want their bikes to make a unique style statement. A motorcycle for many people is not only a mode to commute but also a travel companion and an alter ego. People these days do not mind spending extra to make their precious vehicles look even better with a stylish vehicle number. Numbers like 007, 001, 1111, 9999, 786, and many others are of value to a lot of people. However, it is not easy to get a fancy number of your choice as a lot of people may have their eyes on the same number that you might be looking for. These numbers cannot be obtained through regular vehicle registration process as they are blocked to be allotted by way of e-auction by paying a special fee.
Details In A Vehicle Number Plate
Just like a two wheeler insurance policy, a vehicle Registration Certificate (RC) carries a lot of importance. A number plate of the vehicle tells a lot about a particular vehicle. The first part of a registration mark is the two-letter code representing the state a vehicle belongs to. For example; HP for Himachal Pradesh, HR for Haryana, UP for Uttar Pradesh, and so on. The second part of a registration mark is the two-digit number which is a code assigned to a specific registering authority/DTO/RTO where the vehicle is registered. The third and the most important part in the vehicle number plate is the registration number assigned to a vehicle. A registration number is always allotted to a vehicle from the range of 0001 to 9999. Once all the numbers from this range are allotted, two more letters are placed before the registration number and the same range is reused.
How To Get A Fancy Number In Lucknow
The Ministry of Transport keeps aside a list of numbers from the range as special numbers that are not allotted through the regular vehicle registration process. Fancy numbers for vehicles registered in Lucknow can only be obtained through the official Parivahan website or through the official website of Uttar Pradesh Transport Department. Following are the prices of different fancy numbers based on their categories.
|Category A (Price: Rs.15,000 each): Most Attractive Registration Numbers|
|Category B (Price: Rs.7,500 each): Most Important Registration Numbers|
|Category C (Price: Rs.6,000 each): Attractive Registration Numbers|
|Category D (Price: Rs.3,000 each): Important Registration Numbers|
Process of Fancy Number Registration in Patna
- All the available special numbers in Uttar Pradesh are put into different categories. Each category of registration numbers has a specific fee.
- Category (A): Rs.15,000
- Category (B): Rs.7,500
- Category (C): Rs.6,000
- Category (D): Rs.3,000
- The registration of a fancy number can only be done by making an application online and making the necessary payment.
- While applying for a fancy number, the applicant needs to select the RTO in the jurisdiction he/she lives in or have place of business. Once the registration number is allotted to the applicant, they must submit the proof of address at the time of registration. The number assigned to them may be cancelled if their address does not come under the jurisdiction of the district RTO they made the application for. In such a case, the fee paid for the registration will also be forfeited.
- The allotment of a fancy vehicle number is done on a first-come-first-serve basis. The number assigned to an applicant is not transferable to any other person.
- The registration mark thus reserved by an applicant will be assigned to their vehicle by the registering authority after due inspection and verification of documents. The e-receipt of special number registration should also be submitted.
- The vehicle must be presented for registration at the RTO within 30 days of reservation of the special number. Failing to do so may result in cancellation of the allotment.
- In case the registration number to be allotted to a person is cancelled due to any of the reasons mentioned above, the fee paid for the same shall not be refunded.
- An applicant must be careful while choosing the vehicle type at the time of reserving the special number online.
- he reservation for a special registration number can be done within 7 days from the date of vehicle purchase (if the vehicle has to be registered in the same state from where it has been purchased).
- In case the vehicle has to be registered in a different district from where it was purchased, a special number can be reserved within 30 days from the date of purchase. For such a vehicle, temporary registration must be obtained.
- A fancy number cannot be booked beyond the above-mentioned time-frame.
- If you have any queries related to the registration of fancy number in Lucknow or any other city in Uttar Pradesh, the following toll-free number can be contacted: 1800-1800-151