The main purpose of savings account is to cultivate savings habits in common man. There is no restriction on the number of deposits for a savings bank account, however, it limits your number of daily withdrawals. The amount deposited in a savings account earns interest as per the RBI directives. To cater to the unique banking needs of customers, Allahabad Bank offers different types of savings accounts. The Normal Savings Bank account is one such product offered by the bank which is available at all branches.
Types of Normal Savings Bank Accounts offered by Allahabad Bank
Normal savings account can be opened in the names of any of the following:
- Individual accounts
- Joint Accounts for two or more people
- Accounts for illiterate persons
- Accounts for blind people
- Minor savings account
- Savings accounts in the names of associations, clubs, and societies
- Savings accounts in the name of trusts
- Accounts in the name of institutions specifically permitted by the RBI
The initial deposit has to be paid in cash while opening a normal savings account in Allahabad Bank. The minimum amount required to open a savings account is as follows:
- The minimum balance to open an account in rural and sub-urban branches is Rs.500
- The minimum balance to open an account in all other branches is Rs.1,000
- For issue of cheque book, an additional Rs.100 is to be paid in rural and sub-urban branches
- For issue of cheque book, an additional Rs.500 is to be paid in all other branches
The interest rate is charged by the bank in accordance with the prevailing rules for savings banks account. The interest is credited to the customer’s account on a half yearly basis.
Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account FAQs
- How can I track the status of my application in the BankBazaar website?
Click on the “Track Application” option on the top right corner of the website. It will redirect you to a page where you will have to fill in your application ID and mobile number. Once you have entered the details click on the ‘Track Application’ button.
- Whom can I add as nominee for my savings bank account?
You can appoint anyone as a nominee for your savings bank account. The person has to be above 18 years of age.
- What is average monthly balance?
It is the closing credit for each day calculated on a monthly basis.
- What are the benefits of internet banking?
With the internet banking facility, you can pay your bills, transfer funds and view statements anytime, without having to visit the bank.
- What is rate of interest offered on savings bank accounts?
Most banks offer interests at the rate of 4% per annum and it’s credited to the account on a half-yearly basis.
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card