Syndicate Bank issues the Global debit-cum-ATM card to customers to give them convenient access to their money anywhere they may travel. The card facilitates purchases anywhere in the world with payment made through Indian rupees. The debit card is issued as VISA or Maestro cards.
Syndicate Global Debit/ATM Card Variants
The Syndicate Global Debit Card is available in three variants:
Syndicate Bank VISA Global Debit Card- Issued in association with VISA, this card is accepted at all ATMs across the globe that bear the VISA logo. It is also accepted at any merchant and e-commerce platform that accepts VISA.
- Syndicate Bank VISA Electron Debit Card - This card is a PIN based debit card that is accepted at over 1.4 lakh ATMs in India and 18 lakh ATMs around the world.
- Syndicate Bank VISA EMV Global Debit Card - This card has enhanced security features such as an embedded EMV chip that protects the cardholder from duplication and misuse.
- Syndicate Maestro Global Debit Card - Issued in association with MasterCard, this card is accepted at more than 10 lakh ATMs and 29 million merchants worldwide.
Features of Syndicate Global Debit/ATM Card
Access to Cash
With your Syndicate Debit Card, you will have access to ATMs in India and abroad. No matter where you travel, you can always use your debit card to get cash instantly. You can withdraw between Rs.100 and Rs.10,000 per day at ATMs. At Syndicate Bank ATMs, you can withdraw up to Rs.20,000.
Access to Cashless Transactions
Use your debit card at merchant outlets to pay for purchases without cash. You can swipe your card for a minimum of Rs.100 and a maximum of Rs.20,000 at Syndicate Bank ATMs and POS outlets. On other bank payment gateways, the maximum transaction value is Rs.10,000.
Syndicate Bank provides a toll-free helpline around the clock to help customers address their queries, issues and complaints.
In case you lose your debit card or it is stolen, you can contact the customer care helpline at anytime from anywhere to report it. The card will be hotlisted immediately and you will not be liable for any fraudulent charges on the card after the report.
Lost Card Liability
In case the debit card is lost or stolen, the liability borne by the cardholder is limited to Rs.1,000 once the card is reported to Syndicate Bank.
ATM and POS Usage
|ATM/Merchant||Number of outlets||Transactions|
|Syndicate Bank ATMs||
|Other Banks’ ATMs with VISA logo||
|Merchants displaying VISA logo||
|Other Banks’ ATMs with Maestro logo||
|Merchants displaying VISA logo||
|National Financial Switch Network (NPS)||
|Minimum transaction value at ATM||Rs.100|
|Minimum transaction value at POS||Rs.100|
|Maximum transaction value at Syndicate ATM/POS/payment gateway||Rs.20,000|
|Maximum transaction value at Other Banks’ ATM/POS/payment gateway||Rs.10,000|
|Maximum transaction value at Syndicate ATM outside of India||Rs.10,000|
|Free transaction limit at other bank ATMs (savings account holders)||5 free financial and non-financial transactions per month|
|Free transaction limit at other bank ATMs (current or overdraft account holders)||No free transactions|
|Maximum transaction value permitted during offline mode (Not applicable to student minors and foreign nationals)||Rs.5,000|
Fees and Charges
Given below is the list of fees and charges associated with using the Syndicate Global debit card.
|Issuance Fee for instant card||Free|
|Issuance Fee for instant add-on card||Free|
|Annual Fee for instant card||Rs.100 per card (waived for the first year)|
|Renewal Fee for instant card||Rs.100 per card (after expiry of 5 years)|
|Renewal Fee for instant add-on card||Rs.100 per card (after expiry of 5 years)|
|Replacement instant card||Rs.100 per card|
|Issuance Fee for personalised card||Rs.100 per card|
|Issuance Fee for personalised add-on card||Rs.100 per card|
|Annual Fee for personalised card||Rs.100 per card (waived for the first year)|
|Renewal Fee for personalised card||Rs.200 per card (after expiry of 5 years)|
|Renewal Fee for personalised add-on card||Rs.200 per card (after expiry of 5 years)|
|Replacement personalised card||Rs.200 per card|
|Transactions at other bank ATMs (savings account holders)||
|Transactions at other bank ATMs (current and overdraft account holders)||
|Cash withdrawal at ATMs abroad||Rs.140 per transaction|
|Balance enquiry at ATMs abroad||Rs.30 per transaction|
|Declined transaction at ATMs abroad||Rs.30 per transaction|
|Charge slip retrieval||Rs.100 or the actual charges, whichever is higher|
|Foreign currency conversion||2% of the transaction amount|
|Fuel surcharge||2.50% of the transaction amount, subject to a minimum of Rs.10 or actuals levied|
|Railway ticket surcharge||2.50% of the transaction amount, subject to a minimum of Rs.25 or actuals levied|
To apply for this debit card, you must meet the eligibility criteria set out by Syndicate Bank.
- Indian Residents who hold a savings, current or overdraft account with Syndicate Bank can apply.
- NRIs and foreigners can also apply.
- Students above the age of 15 years are eligible.
- In case of joint accounts, both holders can apply for this card.
How to apply
Applying for this debit card is simple. You need to open a bank account with Syndicate Bank. In the application form, you need to tick the option for a debit card. If you are already an existing customer of Syndicate Bank, you can submit an application to your branch. The bank can issue two types of debit cards:
- Instant debit card - The card is issued immediately upon opening the account. The card will not bear the name of the cardholder.
- Personalised debit card - The card will bear the name of the cardholder on the face of the card. To avail this card, you need to submit a request to the branch. It can take up to a few days to be issued.
Syndicate Global Debit/ATM Card FAQs
Who do I contact for issues related to my debit card?
All debit card related issues and queries can be resolved by calling the 24x7 customer care helpline.
Can I approach any Syndicate Bank Branch to avail services such as card replacement
All debit card related services will be handled by the bank branch at which you maintain your accounts. You can avail the following services:
- Issuance of new card
- Issuance of replacement card
- Add-on cards
- Renewal card
- Linking bank accounts to debit card
- Resolution of disputed transactions
- Activation of debit card
- Hotlisting of debit card
If you lose your card, you need to report it immediately to Syndicate Bank. The cardholder will then bear only up to Rs.1,000 liability in case of any fraudulent charges made to the debit card. However, Syndicate Bank will not provide liability cover in the following cases:
- ATM withdrawals
- POS transactions
- Internet transactions
- IVR transactions
The reason being for all these transactions, an ATM PIN, IPIN, TPIN or OTP (One-Time Password) is required to authenticate the transaction. These PINs and passwords must be known only to the cardholder and must not be disclosed to anyone else.
No, the card cannot be used to make foreign currency transactions in India, Nepal or Bhutan.
You can link up to 3 bank accounts with the same customer ID to this debit card. While using the card at ATMs or POS terminals, the transaction will be honored only if the primary account linked to the debit card has sufficient balance.
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- Rupay Debit Card
- Prepaid Card
- International Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.