Your Syndicate Bank debit card at a glance!
- Your Syndicate Bank debit card can be used at over 1.4 lakh ATMs in India.
- Transact in any currency using your Syndicate Bank debit card and pay back in Rupees.
- Access your Syndicate Bank account from any corner of the globe.
- As a convenient e-wallet, the Syndicate Bank debit card can be used worldwide.
Syndicate Bank was established in 1925 in the temple town of Udupi to provide financial assistance to local weavers with a small capital of Rs.8000/-. The Pigmy Deposit Scheme was set up in 1928 to handle the handloom industry crisis, with the bank collecting as low as 2 annas daily from depositors. This scheme has developed over the years with the bank’s phenomenal growth and Syndicate Bank currently collects as much as Rs.2 Crores per day. Adhering to its strong commitment of serving its customers with progressive ideas and futuristic banking solutions, Syndicate Bank now has a huge customer base comprising of several generations of bankers.
Acting as a catalyst for rural development, the bank has introduced several schemes for the benefit of agriculturists and farmers across the nation. In an effort to empower women, Syndicate Bank has introduced several ‘All Women’ branches and training programmes to take-up self-employment opportunities. Syndicate Bank offers a gamut of banking products comprising of loans, mutual funds, insurance, deposits, credit cards, debit cards, cash management and NRI services. Syndicate Bank debit cards are very popular amongst the bank’s diverse clientele and customers can take full advantage of the convenient e-banking and Centralized Banking Solutions that Syndicate Bank provides.
Types of Syndicate Bank debit cards
Syndicate Bank Visa Electron Debit Card
Issued in collaboration with Visa Electron, the Syndicate Bank Visa Electron Debit Card can be used at over 1.4 lakh ATMs in India and at over 18 lakh ATMs worldwide. The card comes with lost card liability coverage, 24/7 customer support, higher purchase transaction limits and hot listing facility.
Syndicate Bank Visa EMV Global Debit Card
The Syndicate Bank Visa EMV Global Debit Card offers additional protection in the form of an embedded EMV chip on the Visa (Verified by Visa) platform and can be used at various merchant outlets in India and across the globe.
Syndicate Bank Global Maestro Debit Card
The Syndicate Bank Global Maestro Debit Card is offered to Syndicate Bank customers in collaboration with MasterCard and users can transact at over 10 lakh ATMs globally. The card can also be used for purchase transactions at over 29 million merchants worldwide.
Syndicate Bank RuPay Debit Cards
Syndicate Bank offers three types of RuPay debit cards with withdrawal services at over 1.4 ATMs in India via the National Financial Switch Network. RuPay debit cards can be used at merchant establishments accepting ‘Discover’ cards.
- Syndicate Bank RuPay Classic Debit Card
- RuPay PMJDY Debit Cards
- RuPay Bhamashah Debit Cards
- Indian nationals, NRIs, foreigners and students above the age of 15 holding individual or joint Syndicate Bank accounts (Savings/Current/Overseas) are eligible to apply for a Syndicate Bank debit card.
- Proprietorship firms maintaining Current or Overseas accounts can procure a Syndicate Bank debit card.
- Syndicate bank customers with three bank accounts linked to a single debit card are also eligible.
Blocking a Syndicate Bank debit card
In instances where a Syndicate Bank customer’s debit card is either stolen or misplaced, they should first block the card before requesting for a new one. The following are the methods through which a customer can block their debit card:
Perhaps the fastest way to block a Syndicate Bank debit card is to call the bank’s customer care number. The customer can call either the toll-free number: 1800 425 0585, or phone numbers that incur charges: 09483522433 and 080 – 25125300. The customer care executive would require details such as the cardholder’s name, date of birth, and customer ID in order to verify the request. Once verified, the card is successfully blocked and no further transactions may be carried out.
Visiting the bank branch
If the customer faces any difficulty blocking their debit card through the customer care services, they can visit the nearest bank branch and request for their card to be blocked.
Benefits of holding a Syndicate Bank debit card
- Syndicate Bank global debit cards can be used at various merchant outlets and ATMs across India. The debit cards offered by Syndicate Bank come with additional levels of security in collaboration with MasterCard SecureCode and Verified by Visa (VbV) services.
- Syndicate Bank also offers add-on debit cards along with the primary cards and these cards can be linked simultaneously to three bank accounts.
Quick tips to use your Syndicate Bank debit card
- Never write down your Syndicate Bank debit card PIN anywhere, to prevent any kind of misuse.
- Ensure that all PoS purchase transactions are completed in a proper manner to avoid fraudulent activity on your debit card.
- Any loss or theft of a debit card should be immediately reported to the 24/7 customer helpline provided by Syndicate Bank.
- While making online purchases, customers must make sure that the websites they transact on, are secure.
FAQs for Syndicate Bank Debit Cards
Does Syndicate Bank have an ATM withdrawal limit for debit card users?
Yes, customers can withdraw up to Rs.20,000/- per day at any Syndicate Bank ATM and up to Rs.10,000/- per day at other bank ATMs.
How many free transactions are permissible every month at other bank ATMs?
Syndicate Bank allows a customer to perform 5 free ATM transactions, after which they will impose a fee of Rs.20/- for every transaction.
What does the lost card liability feature from Syndicate Bank offer?
Syndicate Bank debit cards users can get liability coverage up to a maximum of 10,000/- from the time of notification.
To which account is a RuPay Bhamashah Debit Card associated with?
RuPay Bhamashah Debit Cards are issued only with BSBD accounts in Rajasthan.
What are the two types of debit cards issued to Syndicate Bank customers?
Syndicate Bank offers instant Non-personalized debit cards to existing account holders. If customers require personalized debit cards with the customers’ name printed on the cards, then they need to place a request with the bank and the card will be issued in a few days.
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
- Syndicate Bank Education Loan
- Syndicate Bank Personal Loan
- Syndicate Bank Car Loan
- Syndicate Bank Car Loan Interest Rates
- Syndicate Bank Car Loan Eligibility Calculator
- Syndicate Bank Recurring Deposit Rates
- Syndicate Bank Fixed Deposit Rates
- Syndicate Bank Used Car Loan
- Syndicate Bank Home Loan
- Syndicate Bank IFSC Code
- Syndicate Bank Two Wheeler Loan
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.