Using the ICICI Bank debit card, customer have to reason to worry about converting their money into foreign currencies, as when they make a transaction or a withdrawal, the money is debited from their account in Indian Rupees. Along with this benefit, ICICI Bank debit card holders, can make withdrawals, transactions at merchant establishments and shop online while abroad. All that the customer is required to do is to call the customer care of ICICI Bank before using the debit card in foreign countries.
Steps on How to use Your ICICI Bank Debit Card when Making Transactions Outside India
While the process to carry out a transaction at merchant establishments using your ICICI Bank debit card outside India is the same as it is here, first timers using an ICICI debit card abroad can follow the steps mentioned below.
- While shopping, ensure that you visit merchant establishments that accept VISA/MasterCard debit cards only to make a transaction.
- Once the products have been billed, swipe your card to make the payment.
- Next, Enter your ICICI Bank debit card PIN number.
- In some countries, the PIN number for non-chip cards may not be required.
- Once the transaction is complete, sign the charge slip and keep it safe.
Steps to use an ICICI Bank Debit Card to Make an ATM Withdrawal Abroad
- Firstly, you can make withdrawals abroad at all ATMs that accept VISA/MasterCard debit cards while abroad.
- Insert your ICICI Bank international debit card into the ATM machine.
- Choose the language of your preference.
- Enter the PIN and the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Collect the charge slip once the cash has been dispensed.
- For reference, do not dispose of the charge slip.
Benefit of using Your ICICI Bank Debit Card Abroad
- Customers can use their ICICI Bank debit card to book travel tickets abroad, make reservations at a hotel, and dine at restaurants of their choice which come with attractive discounts and perks.
- To enhance the security of the customer while making withdrawals and transactions abroad, the ICICI Bank debit cards come with the EMV chip - which reduces the risk of duplication.
- For every Rs.200 spent abroad, customers earn 10X PAYBACK reward points. The rewards can be redeemed in the form of movie tickets, travel tickets, gifts, etc.
ICICI Bank International Debit Card Fees and Charge
|Mark up Fee||3.5% + GST|
|Balance Enquiry abroad||Rs. 25 + GST|
|ATM Cash withdrawal Fee abroad||Rs. 125 + GST|
ICICI Bank Debit Card FAQs
1. Will I be charged extra for making ATM withdrawals abroad?
You will be charged a fee of Rs.125 (plus taxes) for every withdrawal made from an ATM abroad.
2. Does my ICICI debit card offer me access to any International airport lounge?
Airport lounge access is available for select ICICI Bank debit cards and airports only. To know if your debit card is eligible, contact the customer care of ICICI Bank.
3. What should I do if I’m abroad and have forgotten my ATM PIN?
You can change your PIN abroad if you have forgotten it. All you have to do is to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Visit a bank abroad that accepts VISA/Mastercard debit cards.
- Insert your ATM/Debit Card.
- Choose a language of your preference.
- Select Generate PIN/Forgot PIN option.
- Select “Generate OTP”.
- Enter your registered mobile number with ICICI Bank. You will be charges SMS charges since you’re abroad.
- Enter Date of Birth as registered with the ban. Follow the DD-MM-YYYY format.
- The OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number via SMS.
- Now, insert your ATM/Debit Card again.
- Click on the Generate PIN/Forgot PIN option.
- Select “Already have OTP”.
- Enter OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Enter your new ATM PIN
- Re-enter the new ATM PIN that you have chosen.
- Your PIN will be successfully be generated once this is done.
4. I’m told that I need a 3D Secure PIN to make online transactions? How to I make one?
As soon as you “Proceed to checkout” on the online retail page, it will redirect you automatically to the 3D Secure PIN registration page since this is your first time. Choose a 6-digit 3D Secure PIN and complete the transaction. From henceforth, this will be your 3D Secure PIN for all online transactions, unless you change it due to security reasons.
5. I made a transaction abroad and I was not asked to enter my PIN to complete the transaction. Is this normal?
Yes, in some countries it is not required for one to enter the PIN details of the debit card to make a transaction. This however is only for non-chip cards.
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.