Now, when customers open an account - be it a savings account or a current account - the bank they wish to have an account offers them a choice of a debit card - one that will suit their financial needs. Availing a debit card can be done during the account opening process it self. The bank will then post the debit card to the registered address of the account holder and the PIN separately - just for security reasons. That said, customer need not wait for the PIN to arrive, they can go ahead and generate the PIN and activate the debit card. Also, it is important to change their PIN frequently to enhance the security of their account - customers should make it a point to change the PIN every three to six months. For that, the account holder can follow the same steps as well to change their PIN as they initially did when they first received their debit card. For ICICI Bank customers, they have four options to change their debit card ATM PIN. They can do it either through the internet banking facility of ICICI Bank, the net banking facility, at any ICICI Bank ATM or by calling the customer care service of ICICI Bank. We’ve taken you through the steps for all four procedures for customers that wish to change their ATM PIN.
Steps to change ICICI Bank debit card PIN via the iMobile App
Through the ICICI Bank iMobile App, customers can carry out all banking procedures including changing their debit card PIN. For this, the customer has to first download the app and then follow the steps mentioned below to change their debit card PIN:
- Login to your iMobile App using your online banking username and password.
- On the mainpage of the iMobile Banking page, click on “services” on the bottom of the screen.
- From the number of options under services, choose the “card services option”.
- Next, click on “generate debit card PIN”.
- You will now have to select the account number linked to the debit card and the debit card number as well.
- Enter the CVV number of that particular debit card and then enter your new PIN. Re-enter the PIN as part of the confirmation process.
- Click on “submit” to complete the process of changing your PIN via the iMobile App. ICICI Bank will then send you a message stating that your PIN has been changed. Contact the bank immediately if you have not attempted to change your debit card PIN.
Steps to change ICICI Bank debit card PIN via the Internet Banking facility
ICICI Bank customers can also carry out the process of changing their debit card PIN via the internet banking facility. Provided that you have an active ICICI Bank internet banking account, follow the steps mentioned below to change your debit card PIN.
- Login to your ICICI Bank internet banking account using your username and password.
- On the ICICI Bank internet banking main page, click on “my card PIN” on the top-left of the screen.
- The page will redirected, under “debit card PIN” click on “generate now”.
- Now, like on the iMobile App of ICICI Bank, choose the account linked to the debit card, the debit card you wish to change the PIN for and enter the CVV number of the debit card.
- Verify your registered mobile number and then click on the “submit” button.
- For the next step, enter the grid values as requested by the bank and enter the OTP (One-time password) which will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Now, enter the PIN of your choice and re-enter the PIN as a confirmation.
- Click on “generate now”. As soon as that is done, your PIN will be changed. Contact the bank if you haven’t attempted to change your ATM debit card PIN.
Steps to change ICICI Bank debit card PIN at an ICICI Bank ATM
For ICICI Bank customers that do not have online or internet banking facilities, they have the option of generating a new ATM PIN at any ICICI Bank ATM. For this, they should follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit any ICICI Bank ATM.
- Swipe your card and the ATM and enter your PIN.
- From the other options such as make withdrawal, check balance and so on, choose the “generate or change PIN” option.
- The bank will send an OTP to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP at the ATM and click on “continue”.
- Now, enter the PIN of your choice.
- Re-enter the PIN as part of the confirmation process.
- Click on “submit”.
- As soon as that is done, the bank will send you a message that your ATM PIN has been changed. Contact the bank if you haven’t tried to change your debit card PIN.
Steps to change ICICI Bank debit card PIN via the ICICI Bank call center
ICICI Bank customers can change their debit card PIN by calling the customer care unit of ICICI Bank as well. They should follow the steps mentioned below to do that:
- Start by calling the toll-free number of ICICI Bank - 1800 200 3344.
- Now, choose the language of your preference.
- Select the debit card options by pressing the requested number on your handset.
- Next, choose generate debit card PIN.
- Now, the bank will sent you an OTP, enter the OTP to continue.
- Now, use your handset to type in the PIN of your choice.
- Re-enter the debit card PIN.
- Your debit card PIN now be changed.
- The bank will send you a message regarding the change of your debit card PIN, contact the bank if you have not attempted to do so.
What are the charges for changing one’s ICICI Bank debit card ATM PIN?
There are no charges to change your ICICI Bank debit card ATM PIN through the internet banking facility, iMobile App facility, at an ATM or via the ICICI Bank call center.
Is it possible to change my registered mobile number at an ATM?
Yes, it is possible to change your ICICI Bank registered mobile number at an ATM. All you have to do is enter your existing mobile number, enter the OTP, and enter the new number. Re-enter the number as part of the verification process. The number will be approved and verified by the bank in two days.
Is it possible to change my ICICI Bank debit card PIN at any ATM or should it be only at an ICICI Bank ATM?
To change your ICICI Bank debit card ATM PIN it has to be done at an ICICI Bank ATM only. You will now get the option at other bank ATMs nor will you be able to carry out the process at another bank ATM.
I have entered my ICICI Bank debit card PIN wrong and it is blocked. What should I do?
Yes, as a security measure, if you enter your PIN wrong three times, then the debit card will be blocked. That said, the debit card PIN will be activated at 12 a.m the following day. If you need to use your card right away, call the customer care unit of ICICI Bank, tell them the situation, give them the required bank details and ask them to unblock the debit card immediately.
If I change the PIN of one debit card, will all my debit card PIN be changed as well?
No, when changing the debit card PIN, you will have to choose the account number as well as the debit card number of the card you wish to change the PIN for. Only once you have done that can you proceed. In this way, only the debit card you have chosen during the process will be changed and no their other debit card PINs. With regard to this, there is nothing to worry about.