United Bank of India offers the RuPay Debit Card to its banking customers. The card is available to account holders including minors above the age of 10. With this debit card, the bank imposes a few spending restrictions that include only 5 transactions a day. A spending limit of Rs. 25,000 helps curb overspending and splurging. This is the ideal card to help you spend wisely.
Features of United Bank of India RuPay Debit Card
- RuPay Enabled
This debit card is Rupay Enabled and can be used at all outlets that accept RuPay.
- Secure Transactions
POS transactions are signature based. All transactions must be verified with the customer’s signature.
- Cash Withdrawal
Customers can withdraw up to Rs.25,000 per day from ATMs. The debit card is accepted at all United Bank of India ATMs, RuPay ATMs and all NFS member bank ATMs.
Shop online or at retails stores through POS terminals for a maximum of Rs.25,000 daily.
- Transaction Limits
Transactions are limited to 5 per day. Customers can carry out five shopping or ATM transactions.
The UBI Rupay Debit Card is available to customers who hold a bank account with United Bank of India. The following customers are eligible for this card:
- Savings account holders
- Current account holders
- Overdraft account holders
- Minor accounts, provided that the minor is above the age of 10
- Visually impaired
Fees and Charges
The following table details the charges applicable on the United Bank of India RuPay Debit Card. United Bank of India employees are exempt from annual fees, charges for duplicate card and Reissue of PIN.
|Issuance of debit card||Free||Nil||Free|
|Annual charges (Applicable after 1 year)||Rs.100||Rs.15||Rs.115|
|Add on cards (For joint accounts)||Rs.100||Rs.15||Rs.115|
|Reissue of PIN||Rs.50||Rs.8||Rs.58|
|ATM Charges at UBI||Free||Free||Free|
|Financial Transactions at other bank ATMs||After 5 transactions, Rs.24 is charged. Free transactions are not applicable to Current and Overdraft account holders on the NFS or VISA network.||Nil||Rs.24|
|Non-financial Transactions at other bank ATMs||After 5 transactions, Rs.9 is charged. Free transactions are not applicable to Current and Overdraft account holders on the NFS or VISA network.||Nil||Rs.9|
When you open a bank account with United Bank of India, you will be required to submit documentation supporting your identity and residence. The same documentation will be used to issue the debit card. To comply with the KYC requirements, you need to submit the following.
- Recent passport photograph
- Proof of identification
- Proof of residence
You may submit any acceptable Government-issued documents such as Driver’s Licence, PAN card, Passport, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, utility bills and so on.
United Bank of India RuPay Debit Card FAQs
What is the cost of the UBI RuPay Debit Card?
The United Bank of India RuPay Debit Card is free of charge. After the first year, an annual fee of Rs.115 will be charged.
What is the procedure for lost UBI RuPay Debit Card?
If you have lost your debit card, kindly report it at the earliest to the customer care of United Bank of India.
- You can report this via phone, email or online banking.
- The card will be hotlisted and blocked.
- You can then request for a new card to be issued.
- You will be charged Rs.172 for the new debit card.
If your transaction is declined, it could be that you have exceeded the 5 transactions for the day, or you have insufficient balance in your account. Your transaction can also be declined if your card is damaged, or you entered the wrong PIN. Please contact the customer care for more information and help regarding your situation.
You might be charged for withdrawals at the ATMs for the following reasons:
You have exceed 5 free transactions.
You hold a Current or Overdraft account operating on the NFS or VISA network, so you will be charged when you use your debit card at other banks’ ATMs. The five free transactions are not applicable on these accounts.
Yes, supplementary cards are available for joint account holders. The second card will cost Rs.115.
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
- Rupay Debit Card
- Prepaid Card
- International Debit Card
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.