As part of the Green initiative that has been rolled out the Government, banks across the country, including Indian Bank have been allowing their customer to generate their PIN through the PNB net banking facility, through the mobile app of the bank, at an ATM and via their IVR (Interactive Voice Response) phone banking facility. The Green initiative by banks is basically carrying out paperless procedures. Prior to this initiative, the bank would post the PIN to the home address of the customer and the customer would then use this PIN to activate his/her ATM debit card. That said, now customers can use the aforementioned procedures to generate their debit card PIN, which having to wait for the PIN to reach their house by post. Though customers can use the internet banking facility and the mobile app to generate their Indian Bank Green PIN, we have listed two alternative methods - at an Indian Bank ATM and via the Indian Bank IVR phone banking facility - to generate their Green PIN. Let’s begin.
Steps to generate Indian Bank Green PIN at an Indian Bank ATM
Customers have to follow the steps mentioned below to generate an Indian Bank ATM debit card Green PIN at any Indian Bank ATM:
- Insert your Indian Bank ATM debit card into the ATM.
- Choose the language of your preference.
- Now, click on the “generate/set Green PIN” option.
- Click on “Generate OTP”.
- The OTP (One-time password) will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Now, enter your Indian Bank account number.
- Re-enter your number as part of the verification process.
- Click on “yes”, to link your registered mobile number, the debit card and your bank account.
- Verify the bank account details displayed on the screen.
- Now, enter the OTP that had been sent to your registered mobile number.
- Next, enter the 4-digit PIN of your choice.
- Re-enter the 4-digit PIN combination to confirm.
- Click on “confirm”.
- As soon as you do that, Indian Bank will send you a message stating that your ATM debit card PIN has been generated and your debit card has been activated. Use the PIN you have set for further transactions and withdrawals. Ensure you change the PIN frequently to enhance the security of your debit card.
Steps to generate Indian Bank Green PIN through the IVR (Interactive Voice Response) phone banking facility
Indian Bank customers have to follow the steps mentioned below to generate their Indian Bank Green PIN through the IVR phone banking facility:
- Using your Indian Bank registered mobile number, call either of the IVR toll-free numbers of Indian Bank - 1800 22 22 44 or 1800 208 2244
- Once on the call, select option 2 for debit card related queries.
- Now, choose option 4 to register Indian Bank ATM Green PIN.
- Now, enter your 16-digit debit card number.
- As well as entering the debit card number, enter the expiry date of your debit card number in the DDMMYY format.
- Next, enter your 15-digit Indian Bank account number.
- Enter your date of birth as well in the DDMMYYYY format.
- Now, since you have completed the registration process, re-dial the toll-free number of the Indian Bank IVR phone banking facility.
- Choose option 5 to generate ATM debit card Green PIN.
- Enter your debit card number again.
- Now, enter the CVV number of your debit card. The 3-digit number on the back of your card.
- Once you have registered you would have received the 8-digit tracker ID by SMS on your registered mobile number, enter this ID number.
- Now, the IVR will ask you enter a 4-digit PIN of your choice.
- Re-enter the Green PIN to confirm the PIN combination.
- As soon as you have done that, the IVR will tell you that your PIN has been generated.
- You can now use the PIN when making transactions and withdrawals using your Indian Bank ATM debit card.
Are there particular charges for activating my Indian Bank Green PIN via the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Phone Banking facility?
There will be no regular call charges that will be applicable if you use the toll-free numbers of Indian Bank. For the other numbers, you will be charged normal call rates. Apart from that, there are no charges for the IVR phone banking facility as such.
If I do not want to use the lengthy process of setting my Green PIN through the IVR phone banking facility and at the Indian Bank ATM, is there any other ways I can set my Green PIN?
You can make use of the internet and mobile banking facilities that is linked to your account to set your Indian Bank ATM debit card Green PIN.
Do I have to go through the same steps to generate your Indian Bank debit card PIN if I have forgotten the PIN combination?
Yes, you have to follow the same steps mentioned above if you have forgotten your Indian Bank PIN. You can carry out the process at an ATM, via your internet banking account, mobile banking account and and through the IVR phone banking facility.
Is it possible to change my Indian Bank ATM debit card Green PIN at any ATM or should it be at the Indian Bank ATM branch that holds my savings account?
You can carry out the process of setting your Green PIN at any Indian Bank ATM and it’s not necessary to do it at the ATM of your Indian Bank branch holding your account. That said, the PIN generation process has to be done at an Indian Bank ATM only and not at any other ATM.
Will I get a intimation message that my Indian Bank debit card Green PIN has been set?How will I know if my debit card is active?
Yes, as soon as you set your green PIN either at an Indian Bank ATM, through the internet banking facility of Indian Bank, using the Indian Bank mobile banking service or through the Interactive Voice Response phone banking facility, Indian Bank will send you an intimation message that your PIN has been generated to your registered mobile number. Following this as well, Indian Bank will send you a notification message every time you use your debit card to make a transaction or a withdrawal.