Debit cards, ever since their invention, have made life easier for millions of people around the world. With changing times, the spending habits and financial needs of the people have changed. As opposed to early times when the barter system and money lenders were used, the same would be highly irrelevant now. The debit card which was invented in the 1970’s has revolutionized the way transactions are carried out. Back then, no one could imagine such an instrument to exist. Carrying cold hard cash was the way things were done. But not anymore. Debit cards are now used by millions of people around the world each day. They have not only helped slim down wallets worldwide but also helped make the process of transacting much quicker and safer. Debit cards are simple to use and widely accepted, making them a preferred mode of making purchases and payments. With the convenience and simplicity they offer, they have most easily become an integral part of our lifestyle.
Kotak Mahindra, one of the premier banking institutions of India. Offers, among an array of various other financial products and services, a well-appointed range of debit cards to its customers. Among its widespread range of debit cards is the Kotak Mahindra debit card. Though this is among the more basic level debit cards offered by the bank, it packs a punch with the host of features it offers. It is an all-round debit card which takes care of your transacting needs for making purchases and payments. The card has been tailored to offer some of the most exciting offers, deals, benefits, advantages and much more. Designed considering your fast paced lifestyle, this card will help facilitate making quicker payments in a jiffy. This card can be your perfect companion with the benefits it offers across several lifestyle related activities like shopping, health, wellness, dining, travel and much more. Not only that, you also get complimentary insurance covers and high transaction limits with this card.
Features & Benefits of Kotak Access India Debit Card
- Magnetic Stripe Based Card for Enhanced Security – The Kotak Access India debit card is available in a Magnetic Stripe variant which allows the card holder to have enhanced flexibility and security while carrying out transactions with their card, whether for ATM withdrawals or POS terminals.
- Complimentary Insurance Cover – With the Access India debit card, you are provided with complimentary insurance cover. Keep your transactions and also your card safe with Lost Card Liability worth up to Rs 1,50,000 and Purchase Protection Cover worth up to Rs 50,000.
- Widely Accepted – With the Kotak Access India, you will never have to worry about your card being declined at an ATM or merchant establishment. This card is widely accepted not only at national but also at international ATMs and merchant locations for purchases.
- Email & SMS Alerts – Each day, we hear cases of debit cards being misused . Given that, it has become even more important for one to be vigilant about their account activity and card usage. As a Access India debit card holder, you can avail the facility of receiving timely email and SMS alerts for every transaction that is carried out with your card. This is an efficient way to not only keep track of your account activity but also keep an eye out for any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions which may possibly be carried out.
- Avail Exciting Offers & Discounts – As a Gold Debit Card holder, you are privy to a world of offers, discounts, deals and much more on a spectrum of categories like dining, apparel, lifestyle, travel, wellness, health, fitness and much more. Avail offers from top brands and retailers like Kenneth Cole, Pepperfry, ZoomCar, Freecharge, GoIbibo, Urban Ladder, INOX Cinemas, Cleartrip, Kaya Skin Clinic, National Geographic Magazine and many more.
- High Transaction Limits – With the Access India Debit Card, you get to enjoy high transaction limits not only for ATM withdrawals but also for making purchases. This card features daily purchase limit of Rs 1,75,000 and a daily ATM withdrawal limit of Rs 75,000.
Eligibility for Kotak Access India Debit Card
The Kotak Access India debit card is currently offered only to NRO Savings Account holders and NRO Current Account holders.
Kotak Access India Debit Card FAQ
- Is there any cross-currency mark-up charged on this debit card?
Yes, a cross currency mark-up at the rate of 3.5% is chargeable on all foreign currency transactions carried out on this debit card.
- Can I change the daily withdrawal and purchase limits on my Access India Debit Card?
Yes, you can easily change or enhance the transactions limits on your debit by simply calling the customer care center at the bank and placing a request for the same.
- Can I use my Access India Classic debit card for making purchases overseas?
Yes, you can use your Access India debit card to make purchases and withdraw cash at international merchant outlets and ATMs as this card and is enabled for international use by default.
- What is meant by Lost Card Liability Cover?
Lost Card Liability cover basically protects you in case your card is lost and subsequently misused or used for fraudulent transactions. The insurance cover will protect you from any liability , up to a certain amount, which may arise from the fraudulent use of your card.
- What do I do if I lose my debit card while travelling overseas?
You must immediately report the loss at the toll free number to block your card to prevent any misuse. You may also do so by calling the Visa Global customer Assistance Service for the same.