Overview of Corporation Bank Debit Cards
Corporation Bank came into existence in the year 1906. It started with an initial capital of Rs. 5000. In the year 1997, it became the second Public Sector bank in India to enter the capital market. Corporation Bank was nationalised in the year 1980, and has steadily evolved as one of the leading banks. Currently, it boasts of a wide network 2298 fully automated CBS branches, 2933 ATMs, 4685 branchless banking units, and more than 18,000 dedicated employees, spread across the length and breadth of the nation.
Evolving with the present technologically dependant and fast-paced lifestyle of customers, Corporation Bank provides a range of debit cards to make it simple and convenient for every customer to carry out financial transactions within seconds.
Corporation Bank Debit Cards
Corporation Bank offers 3 different kinds of debit cards for the enhanced convenience of customers. They can choose the cards that suits their needs the best. They have been listed below.
For every financial transaction that you make, Corporation Bank’s classic debit card gives you immense convenience and security. Shop anywhere, anytime, pay your bills, re-fuel your vehicle, book tickets online, pay for your purchases made online, transfer funds or withdraw cash as per your needs with this card. Cardholders also enjoy the facility to access additional 4 secondary accounts (apart from primary account). These accounts can be accessed only through Corporation Bank ATMs. The secondary account can be at any Corporation Bank branch.
Enjoy the freedom of using your Platinum Debit Card internationally (to pay for purchases and withdraw cash), enhanced transaction and cash withdrawal limits, and get immediate access to your account from any part of the world. The card also entitles you to get exclusive benefits and privileges, shop anytime (online or offline), pay your bills, re-fuel your vehicle, book tickets online, transfer funds or withdraw cash at ATMs. Cardholders are also provided with Zero lost card liability cover. In case your Platinum Debit Card is lost or stolen, this cover protects you from any loss of money that might result out of fraudulent transaction using your card. Please make sure that you intimate the bank as soon as your card gets stolen/lost.
Corporation Bank’s Signature Debit Card has been especially designed to complement the lifestyle needs of cardholders, opening up a world of luxury and privileges to them. The card comes with a host of privileges like free lounge access to cardholders, higher daily transaction limits (cash withdrawal and online purchase), and free air accident insurance of Rs. 50,00,000. Customers also enjoy exclusive benefits on dining, entertainment, travel, lifestyle and blockbuster weekends exclusive discounts.
Corporation Bank Debit Card Offers
- Corporation Bank offers multiple discounts when customers use their debit cards for shopping, dining and entertainment expenses.
- Customers are provided with a host of offers and benefits of shopping, dining and more.
Activating a Corporation Bank Debit Card
Customers of Corporation Bank receive a Debit cum ATM card when they open an account with the bank. Along with the debit card, the customer also receives an ATM PIN. Before the card can be used, the customer will have to activate it. The following are the steps to activate a Corporation Bank debit card.
- Visit a Corporation Bank ATM. It is essential that the first use of the debit card is at a Corporation Bank ATM.
- Insert the card in the ATM machine.
- Enter the PIN provided by the bank.
- On entering the PIN, a set of instructions provided will need to be followed.
- Following these instructions activates the debit card.
- To confirm activation, the card should be entered in the ATM machine to perform a withdrawal transaction.
- If the transaction is successful, it means the debit card has been successfully activated.
If the transaction is unsuccessful, the customer should visit the nearest Corporation Bank branch and seek assistance from the customer care team. The same can also be done by calling the bank’s toll-free number and seeking help from the customer care team.
Blocking a Corporation Bank Debit Card
In cases where a customer’s debit card is lost or stolen, they will have to block the card to prevent any misuse. The following are the ways in which customers can block their Corporation Bank debit card.
Calling customer care
Calling customer care is the fastest way to block a debit card. The customer will have to provide details to authenticate the request. Corporation Bank has a toll-free number that is accessible 24/7.
Sending an email
Corporation Bank customers can send a written request to block their debit card. An email should be sent from the email address registered with the bank’s records to the bank’s helpdesk.
Visiting the bank branch
If the methods mentioned above are not successful, the customer should visit the nearest Corporation Bank branch and block their debit card.
Benefits of holding Corporation Bank Debit Card
- Each debit card has a separate daily limits for cash withdrawals and POS/E-Commerce transactions to suit the varied customer profiles.
- The debit cards offer enhanced security on each financial transaction made, whether it is online or offline.
- Corporation Bank Platinum debit card can be used internationally as well.
- Cardholders enjoy benefits, discounts and privileges on shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel expenses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Is there a daily transaction limit on Corporation Bank Classic Debit Card?
A. Cardholders can use their Corporation Bank Classic Debit Card, to withdraw cash for up to Rs.25,000 per day through ATMs. At Corporation Banks ATMs the maximum withdrawal per transaction is Rs.15,000, and Rs.10,000 at other ATMs. Customers can carry out a maximum of 5 transactions in a day, and make purchases (at merchant outlets/online portals) up to Rs. 35,000 per day.
Q. As a Corporation Bank Debit cardholder, what are the activities I can carry out using a Corporation Bank ATM?
A. You can use your Corporation Bank ATM at a CorpBank ATM to carry out the following activities –
- Cash withdrawal
- Prepaid mobile recharge
- LIC Premium Payment
- Funds transfer [between own accounts]
- National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) transactions
- Direct Tax Payment
- Multiple account access
Q. Do I get any insurance coverage on my Corporation Bank Debit Card?
A. Yes, Corporation Bank Signature Debit cardholders get a free air accident insurance of Rs. 50,00,000. Platinum Debit cardholders are also provided with Zero lost card liability cover. In case your Platinum Debit Card is lost or stolen, this cover protects you from any loss of money that might result out of fraudulent transaction using your card. To avail this cover you need to intimate the bank officials immediately after losing your card.
Q. What are the exclusive offers I get as a Corporation Bank Signature Debit cardholder?
A. Corporation Bank in association with Visa, have made an assortment of host of offers on entertainment, travel, fine dining, lifestyle and retail. You get to enjoy lucrative blockbuster weekends offer and exclusive discounts at selected high-profile restaurants. Cardholders enjoy great values and exciting offers on travel, dining, retail and entertainment in destinations across the world with Visa Signature Debit Card.
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.