The 12-digit Aadhaar number has become one of the main stays in the last few years, courtesy of its widespread usability. The Aadhaar Card, as the government of India has rolled out, contains all the important details about an individual, including his/her name, address, and biometric data. Also, it now doubles as a one-stop ID for all authentication requests. The key reason behind the Aadhaar was to create a database containing the key information of all Indian residents, quite like the Social Security System in the United States. Of late, all the banks in India have enabled the linking of Aadhaar with bank accounts, and have put up a clear procedure to complete the process without much fuss.
In this page, we will list out how Kotak Mahindra Bank customers can go about linking their Aadhaar number with their accounts.
There are two methods through which they can link their Aadhaar with their bank account:
- Offline - a direct visit to the bank.
- Online - through the netbanking page.
Here’s a list of the steps Kotak Mahindra Bank customers need to follow to link their Aadhaar and their bank accounts offline:
- Pa visit to the nearest Kotak Mahindra Bank branch.
- Talk to the help desk personnel, who will then provide the Aadhaar-bank account seeding form. Note that, the person will need to fill out the basic information like the Name, their Customer Relationship Number (CRN), Aadhaar number, Date of Birth, Gender, and Name on the Aadhaar card.
- Once the form in filled, they will need to sign the waiver which allows the bank to proceed with the seeding process.
- Submit the form after it is completely filled.
- The individual will receive an acknowledgement once the form is submitted.
- The seeding will be completed after a few working days, upon which the customer will receive a confirmation on the email ID and their registered mobile number.
If the individual is looking to complete the linking process online, here are the steps they will be required to follow:
- Visit the Kotak Mahindra Bank official site.
- Log on to the bank’s netbanking portal with theCRN.
- Type in the dynamic access code which would be sent through SMS or email.
- Choose the Banking option.
- Select the ‘Aadhaar Seeding’ option and fill your aadhaar number.
- Once this is done, confirm and submit it.
After the process is done, the person will receive an official confirmation from the bank with a week’s time.
What documents would you need?
In order to finish the Aadhaar seeding process seamlessly, make sure to carry the essential documents with you.
- Original passbook
- Original Aadhaar Card.
Both of which will help clear any confusion that might arise while checking out your credentials. If and when you seed your Aadhaar and bank account, you will be able to receive a number of benefits from the government, including DBT and other schemes introduced by the government.