Aadhar card is a form of identity proof and address proof which consists of a unique 12 digit identification number. It is issued by the Government of India through Unique Identification Authority of India. Linking Aadhar card to bank accounts can be very beneficial as it will let you avail complete benefit of many government launched schemes along with many other benefits. Linking your Aadhar Card to your Kotak Mahindra Bank account is a hassle free process. Given below is a detailed explanation as to how you can link your Aadhaar card to your Kotak Mahindra Bank account.
Methods of linking Aadhaar card to Kotak Mahindra Bank account
There are various ways through which one can link their Aadhaar card to their Kotak Mahindra Bank account. Listed below are three different ways through which you can link your Aadhaar card to your bank account:
- Offline mode
- Online mode
How to link Aadhaar Card with Kotak Mahindra Bank Offline?
Linking Aadhaar Card with your Kotak Mahindra Bank requires the applicant to visit the Kotak Mahindra Bank branch. Listed below are the steps that needs to be followed in order to link Aadhaar card with Kotak Mahindra Bank Offline:
- Visit the closest Kotak Mahindra Bank branch.
- Collect the application form required to link Aadhaar card to the bank account from the counter at the bank.
- Fill the form with the correct details and submit it at the bank.
- The officials at the bank might ask for original documents for verification. The documents will be returned after the verification.
- Once the linking is done, the bank sends a confirmation to the applicant via SMS or email.
How to link Aadhaar Card with Kotak Mahindra Bank Online?
Aadhaar card can be linked to your Kotak Mahindra Bank account online from the comfort of your house. Listed below are the steps that needs to be followed in order to link your Aadhaar card to your Kotak Mahindra Bank account:
- Visit the official website of Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- Submit your CRN number and password.
- Fill in the dynamic access code that will be sent to you via SMS or Email.
- Select the ‘Banking’ option.
- Choose the option ‘Aadhaar Seeding’.
- Fill your Aadhaar number.
- Confirm the entered number and submit it.
How to link Aadhaar Card with Kotak Mahindra Bank via SMS?
Unfortunately Kotak Mahindra Bank does not offer the option of linking Aadhaar card to the bank account via SMS as of now.
Documents required for linking Kotak Mahindra Bank account to Aadhaar cards
Given below is a list of documents required to link Aadhaar card to Kotak Mahindra Bank account:
- Original and photocopy of Aadhaar card.
- Original and photocopy of Passbook.
- 12 digit Aadhaar number.
- Net banking details.