A unique 12 digit number that is assigned to every Indian citizen, the Aadhar card has been rolled out as an identification number that would link all public distribution services under one umbrella. The Aadhar card carries personal identification information pertaining to the holder such as name, address and biometric information. The government of India has now made quoting Aadhar mandatory for a host of services such as getting an LPG connection or availing of the subsidy.
UCO Bank is a commercial bank with its head office situated in Kolkata. The bank was established in the year 1943 and currently operates out of over 2,500 branches across the country and overseas. The bank is one of the leading commercial banks in the country.
As an increasing number of services come under the ambit of the Aadhaar card system, linking your Aadhaar card to your bank account would enable you to enrol and benefit from these services.
There are three methods to link your Aadhaar card to your UCO Bank account, which are mentioned below:
- Online, through the bank’s website.
- Offline, by visiting a UCO Bank branch.
- Via telephone (through SMS or a mobile application).
How to Link Aadhaar Card to UCO Bank Account Online
Linking an Aadhaar card to a UCO Bank account can be done online by following the steps outlined below:
- Visit the UCO Bank official website.
- Log in using your user credentials (your user ID and password).
- Click on the Request tab followed by the ‘Linking of Aadhaar Number’ option.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number.
- Read through the terms and conditions and click ‘Accept’ followed by ‘Submit’ to file your application.
- An acknowledgement will appear on screen, notifying you that your Aadhaar seeding request has been made.
How to Link Aadhaar Card to UCO Bank Account Offline
UCO Bank customers can link their Aadhaar card to their bank offline in the following way:
- Visit a UCO Bank branch and collect a copy of the application form to link Aadhaar to a UCI Bank account.
- Submit the filled in form to the branch office, where the lower half will be handed back to you as a receipt towards form submission.
- The bank will verify the details submitted by you and will notify you once the Aadhaar has been linked to your bank account.
How to Link Aadhaar Card with UCO Bank Account through SMS
UCO Bank customers can link their Aadhaar card with their bank account through SMS in the following way:
- Send UCOAADHAAR<12 digit Aadhaar number><14 digit account number> to 9231008888.
- You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of the Aadhaar seeding request via SMS and the bank will notify you once the request has been processed.
How to Link Aadhaar Card to UCO Bank Account through ATM
Follow the below mentioned steps to link your Aadhaar card to your UCO Bank account via an ATM:
- Swipe your UCO Bank ATM/Debit card and authenticate it with your PIN.
- Select the ‘Other Services’ option and select ‘Aadhaar Seeding’.
- Type in your 12 digit Aadhaar number.
- Accept the terms and conditions and select ‘Submit’.
- An acknowledgement slip will be printed, which will serve as a receipt of your request.
Documents to Link Aadhaar Card to UCO Bank Account
The following documents have to be submitted when making an application to link Aadhaar Card to a UCO Bank account:
- Copy of Aadhaar card.
- Copy of bank account passbook.
Please note: the documents are not required for online applications.
By linking your Aadhaar card with your UCO Bank account, you will be able to receive benefits associated with various government schemes like the LPG subsidy, Atal Pension Yojana and others directly into your bank account, reducing the hassle of physically going to claim these benefits.