Aadhaar card is a unique 12 digit identification number issued by the Government of India through Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Aadhaar serves as a proof of identity and proof of address in India. Linking your Aadhaar Card to your Punjab National Bank (PNB) savings/current account is a hassle free process. Given below is an explanation on how you can link your Aadhaar card to your Punjab National Bank account.
Methods of linking Aadhaar card to Punjab National Bank account
There are various ways through which one can link their Aadhaar card to their Punjab National Bank account. Listed below are the ways through which you can link your Aadhaar card to your bank account.
- Through PNB bank branches
- Through PNB website
- Through PNB Internet banking
- Through PNB ATMs
- Through SMS
How to link Aadhaar Card with PNB account by visiting a bank branch?
Linking Aadhaar Card with your Punjab National Bank requires the applicant to visit the Punjab National Bank branch. Listed below are the steps that need to be followed in order to link Aadhaar card with Punjab National Bank account offline
- Visit the closest Punjab National Bank branch.
- Ask for the application form required to link Aadhaar card to the bank account at the counter.
- Fill the form with the correct details and submit it along with a self-attested photocopy of Aadhaar card.
- The officials at the bank might ask for original documents such as Aadhaar card and account passbook for verification. The documents will be returned after the verification.
- Once the linking is done, the bank sends a confirmation to the applicant via SMS or email.
How to link Aadhaar Card with Punjab National Bank account Online?
PNB has introduced an OTP-based Aadhaar seeding process using which customers can link their Aadhaar cards to bank accounts through the internet. A secure web page on the bank’s website will help customers go through the process at ease. Since the process is OTP-based, customers whose mobile numbers are updated in bank accounts and Aadhaar database can utilise the facility.
Listed below are the steps that need to be followed in order to link your Aadhaar card to your Punjab National Bank account.
- Step 1: Visit PNB’s secure web page https://gateway.netpnb.com/Aadhaar/default.aspx
- Step 2: You will find ‘AADHAAR request capturing & validation through secure page’. In the ‘Account Number’ box, enter the valid PNB bank account number and click on the "Continue" button. You will get an OTP (One Time Password) to your registered mobile number.
- Step 3: Enter the OTP & Captcha code and click on Validate button.
- Step 4: Once the account details are validated, you will be redirected to a new page where you need to enter the Aadhaar number.
- Step 5: Enter Aadhaar number and click on "Continue" option.
- Step 6: You will then receive an OTP to the mobile number registered with UIDAI. Enter the same and click on the "Validate" option. You will be notified after the validation is completed successfully.
How to link Aadhaar with PNB account using internet banking?
Existing internet banking account users can use their online PNB accounts to seed their Aadhaar number with the bank account. If you have PNB internet banking account, you can follow the below steps to link Aadhaar and bank account.
- Login to PNB internet banking account using your credentials
- From the top menu click on the ‘Other Services’ > Aadhaar Registration’ option
- You will be redirected to ‘Registration for Aadhaar Number’ page. Enter PNB account number and 12-digit Aadhaar number in the required fields.
- Check the authorise button and click on ‘Continue’
- Make sure you have entered accurate details and click on ‘Submit’
- On successful validation of details, the screen will display a response that the request for Aadhaar seeding has been received.
- Once the Aadhaar is successfully seeded with your bank account, the bank will send you the confirmation through SMS or e-mail.
How to link Aadhaar Card with Punjab National Bank via ATM?
PNB customers who don’t have access to online banking can visit any of PNB’s ATMs to link their Aadhaar and bank account. The step-by-step process is mentioned in detail below.
- Visit your nearest Punjab National Bank ATM
- Insert the debit card linked to your PNB savings account
- Enter the PIN
- From the options, select ‘Aadhaar Number registration’ option
- Enter 12-digit Aadhaar number and click on ‘Proceed’
- Re-enter the number on the next screen and click on ‘Proceed’
- Select either ‘Saving or Current’ account in which Aadhaar is to be seeded.
On successful completion of the process, a confirmation response will be generated on the screen.
How to link Aadhaar Card with Punjab National Bank via SMS?
PNB bank accounts holders having their mobile numbers updated in the bank records can use the SMS facility to seed their Aadhaar cards and bank accounts. Below are the instructions to link Aadhaar Card with Punjab National Bank via SMS.
- From the registered mobile number send SMS AADHAR
Once the bank receives the request, it will initiate the seeding process and send a message once the linking was completed.