The Government of India has insisted on the linking of Aadhaar with all bank accounts. People who have accounts in the Central Bank of India can link their account to Aadhaar card in three ways – online, offline, and through Central Bank of India mobile application. Read on to know more about the process to link Aadhar with CBI account.
Aadhar number is necessary for a number of reasons. Apart from being a proof of identity and address, it is also an important document that needs to be provided to banks in order to avail benefits of the various subsidies that have been put forth by the Government of India.
Central Bank of India is one of the largest commercial banks owned by the Government of India. It was established in the year 1911 and is one of the few banks in India that received recapitalisation finance from the Indian government. It is currently headquartered in Mumbai and offers a number of products as part of its retail banking portfolio.
Link Aadhaar Card to Central Bank of India Account Offline
To link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India account, customers of the bank will have to follow the steps mentioned below-
- Account holders will have to visit the nearest branch of Central Bank of India along with self-attested copies of Aadhaar and bank passbook.
- They will be provided with an Aadhaar eKYC application form which needs to be filled and submitted.
- Next, the documents will be verified, and the customer will be provided with an acknowledgement slip by the bank.
Once the bank completes the verification process, applicants will receive a notification on their registered mobile phone via SMS about the Aadhaar-Bank account seeding.
Link Aadhaar Card to Central Bank of India Account Online
Customers who have their savings account in Central Bank of India can also link their Aadhaar with the account online by visiting the official website of the bank. Here’s how one can link his/her bank account online through net banking:
- Account holders need to visit the website of Central Bank of India and login to the net banking portal using username and password. If they do not have a net banking account, they can register it on the website.
- Then, they have to click on the “Link Your Aadhaar card” option mentioned under the “Services” tab.
- A new page will open where account holders have to enter their 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Customers have to enter it again to re-confirm and then they have to click on the “Submit” button.
It will take a few working days for the request to process. Once the account is successfully linked, customers will get an SMS on their registered mobile number confirming the same.
Link Aadhaar Card to Central Bank of India Account via Mobile App
Central Bank of India has also developed a mobile application “Cent Mobile” for the account holders to link their Aadhaar. All they need to do is follow the steps mentioned below to link their accounts with their Aadhaar number:
- Account holders can download the app on their smartphone and log in with their username and password. If they do not have an account on the mobile app, they can create one first to proceed.
- As the next step, they need to click on the “Request” tab.
- Then they have to click on the “Link Aadhaar Card with Your Account” button.
- Now, they have to enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Enter the number again to re-confirm and submit the request.
- After successful verification, their Aadhaar card will be linked to their bank account within 2 working days.
Once the account is linked successfully to Aadhaar, account holders will be notified by the bank through an SMS on their registered mobile number.
As of now, there are no provisions for Central Bank of India customers to seed their Aadhaar number to their bank account at Central Bank of India through online methods, SMS or affiliated ATMs.
However, customers are urged to link their Aadhaar number to their accounts at the earliest as they can receive the benefits of numerous schemes by the Indian Government such as Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Bima Yojana, LPG Subsidy Scheme, Atal Pension Yojana, and so on, directly to their accounts. This direct method will ensure that subsidies are not mismanaged or lost in transactions. Besides it is necessary to produce the Aadhaar number to procure almost every government scheme as this serves as a proof of identity, as well as address and individuals, need not provide multiple documents to avail the same.h3>Linking To Aadhar With Other Banks
- SBI Link Aadhar Card
- PNB Link Aadhar Card
- Indian Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Canara Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- ICICI Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Union Bank Of India Link Aadhaar Card
- Axis Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- HDFC Bank Link Aadhar Card
- United Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- Dena Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Aadhar Card Link To Vijaya Bank
- Bank Of Maharashtra Link Aadhaar Card
- Corporation Bank Aadhaar Card Link
- Andhra Bank Aadhaar Card Link
- IOB Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Allahabad Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce Link Aadhaar Card
- UCO Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Syndicate Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Citibank Link Aadhaar Card Online
- Bank Of Baroda Link Aadhaar Card
- Link Aadhaar Card With Kotak Mahindra Bank
- IDBI Bank Link Aadhar Card