Aadhar is a 12-digit number provided by the Indian Government to the residents of the country through the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). This number serves as a proof of identification as well as address. This card collects demographic and biometric data of all the citizens and stores them in a database that is centralized. This document is required if customers wish to receive the benefit of the numerous subsidies provided by the Government of India. In order to do so, customers will have to link their Aadhaar card to their bank account which is a quick and easy process.
Founded in the year 1935, Bank of Maharashtra is one of the most important public sector banks in the country. As compared to other banks within Maharashtra, this bank has the largest number of branches throughout the state. Bank of Maharashtra has its headquarters in Pune and offers a number of services and products.
There are four methods generally through which Aadhaar number can be linked to an account at a particular bank. These include -
- Offline, by visiting the bank
- Online, through the internet banking facility of the bank
- Via SMS
- Sometimes banks also allow this seeding through the ATMs that are affiliated to their banks
How can one link their Aadhaar number to their account at Bank of Maharashtra?
If a customer's wishes to link his/her Aadhaar number to the account at Bank of India, they must follow the steps provided below-
- Applicants must first visit the closest Bank of Maharashtra.
- The documents required include the original and photocopies of their Aadhaar card and of their passbook.
- Once they visit the bank, they will have to provide the documents and will have to fill in an application to link the number with their bank account.
- Once all documents have been verified, customers will receive the lower half of the application form as an acknowledgement.
- Once the link has been done, individuals will receive a notification through their email or SMS.
As of now, customers cannot link their Aadhaar number to their Bank of Maharashtra account through internet banking, but the above steps can be undertaken to do so.
Linking the Aadhaar number to their Bank account is extremely important today in case customers wish to avail the benefits of numerous subsidies that the government has rolled out. For example, in case individuals wish to receive the LPG subsidy, then they will have to link their Aadhaar card to their bank account as the subsidy is provided directly in the account. This method prevents fraudulent use of the subsidy amount or mismanagement of funds.