Aadhaar number is 12 digit number provided by the Government of India through the Unique Identification Authority of India for the purpose of identification. This number can be also be used as an important proof of address in addition to identity. The idea behind this is to capture the demographic as well as biometric identity of citizens within the country and store the same in a centralized database. This card is also essential in case individuals wish to avail the benefits of the various subsidies being rolled out by the government.
Headquartered in Bengaluru, Canara Bank was established in the year 1906. This bank is one of the oldest in the country and also offers a number of products in the investment banking, consumer banking and commercial banking sectors among others.
It is important for individuals to link their Aadhar card to their bank accounts at the earliest. There are three methods through which this can be done. These options are -
- Offline, by visiting the bank directly
- Online, via the bank website
- Through SMS
- Through ATMs affiliated to the bank
In case an individual wishes to link their Aadhaar card to their bank account through their offline method, they will have to follow the steps given below-
- Individuals will have to visit the closest branch of Canara Bank along with the necessary documents
- Once they reach the bank, they will have to fill in an application form to link the their Aadhaar card to their bank account
- Once this form has been filled in and provided to the bank along with the documents, it will be verified manually
- Applicants will receive the bottom half of the application form as acknowledgement
- Once seeding has been completed, individuals will receive a notification on their email or on their phones through SMS
In case applicants wish to link their Aadhaar card to their bank account through an online method, they will have to follow the steps given below-
- Applicants will have to visit the online page of Canara Bank
- Individuals will have to register, if they already have then they have to log in and provide their Account number and customer ID
- Once this is done, applicants will receive an OTP or One Time Password on their mobile phones which will have to be entered
- After this step is completed, applicants can check if their Aadhaar has been seeded, in case it hasn't been done, they will have to provide their Aadhaar number and click on Submit.
Verification will be done manually and individuals will receive a notification once this has been done and the number has been seeded to their account.
As of now, candidates cannot link Aadhaar card their card to their account at Canara Bank via SMS or ATM, hence they can follow the methods provided above.
The following documents are necessary while linking their Aadhaar card to their bank accounts at Canara Bank-
- Original and photocopy of their Aadhaar card
- Original and photocopy of their Passbook
It is imperative for individuals to link their Aadhaar account to their Canara Bank account as this will ensure that they receive benefits of all government schemes directly to their account. It is also mandatory for procurement of schemes such as Atal Pension Yojana, LPG Subsidy Scheme and so on. Direct transfer of funds ensures that subsidies are not being misused or misplaced. Hence, individuals are advised to link Aadhaar cards to their bank accounts at the earliest.
Linking To Aadhar With Other Banks
- SBI Link Aadhar Card
- PNB Link Aadhar Card
- Indian Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- ICICI Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Union Bank Of India Link Aadhaar Card
- Axis Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- HDFC Bank Link Aadhar Card
- United Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- Dena Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Aadhar Card Link To Vijaya Bank
- Bank Of Maharashtra Link Aadhaar Card
- Corporation Bank Aadhaar Card Link
- Andhra Bank Aadhaar Card Link
- IOB Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Allahabad Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce Link Aadhaar Card
- UCO Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Syndicate Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Central Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- Citibank Link Aadhaar Card Online
- Bank Of Baroda Link Aadhaar Card
- Link Aadhaar Card With Kotak Mahindra Bank
- IDBI Bank Link Aadhar Card