Aadhar card is a form of identification issued by a central government agency of India, Unique Identification Authority of India. The Aadhar card contains demographic and biometric details of the Aadhaar card holder. It also consists of a unique 12 digit unique identity number called the Aadhaar Number. Aadhar card can be used as a proof of identity for various financial transactions. Now you can link your Aadhaar card to your Indian Overseas Bank Account.
Linking Aadhaar Card with Indian Overseas Bank Account Offline
Listed below are the steps to be followed in order to link your Aadhaar card to your Indian Overseas Bank Account offline:
- Visit the nearest Indian Overseas Bank branch.
- Carry a photocopy of your Aadhaar card along with the original Aadhaar card.
- Carry a photocopy of Passbook along with the original one.
- Carry a self-written application to link Aadhaar to your Indian Overseas Bank Account.
- The bank might provide you an application form to link your Aadhaar number to your bank account.
- Fill in the application form and submit to the Indian Overseas Bank officer.
- The bank office might ask for the original documents for verification. The original documents will be returned after the verification.
- The bank official will provide you the lower part of the form.
- Once the bank finishes the process of linking your Aadhaar card to your bank account, a confirmation will be sent to you via SMS or email.
Linking Aadhaar Card with Indian Overseas Bank Account Online or via SMS
As of now, Indian Overseas Bank doesn’t have a provision through which one can link their Aadhaar card to their bank account online or via SMS.