One of the most important documents that will have to be procured by Indian citizens, Aadhar number is a 12 digit number provided by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Indian Government. This number acts as an identity as well as an address proof. Aadhaar captures an individual’s demographic as well as biometric information, which is stored on a centralised database.
Aadhar number is also important for individuals to receive subsidies and benefits of a number of schemes launched by the Indian Government. This article talks about the steps needed to link Aadhaar number to an account with the Union Bank of India.
One of the largest banks owned by the Indian Government, Union Bank of India was founded in the year 1919. It is currently headquartered in Mumbai and has over 4000 branches across the country. As part of its retail banking portfolio, Union Bank of India provides a lot of products and services such as loans, credit cards and so on.
There are primarily four ways through which individuals can link their Aadhaar card to their bank accounts. These methods are -
- Offline method, i.e., by visiting the bank directly
- Online, i.e., by visiting the internet banking facility of the bank
- Through SMS
- Via ATMs affiliated to that particular bank
In case individuals wish to link their Aadhaar card to their account with Union Bank of India, they will have to visit the nearest branch of the bank and follow the steps mentioned below -
- They will have to carry the necessary documents and visit the branch
- Individuals will have to procure a form to link their card to the bank account, fill it and submit it to the respective officer in the bank.
- Once this is done, all documents will be verified and applicants will receive the lower half of their completed application form as acknowledgement
- Once the linking has been done, applicants will receive a notification on their email or on their mobile phone.
In case applicants wish to link their card to their bank accounts online, they will have to follow the steps mentioned below-
- Visit the Union Bank of India website and click on the ‘Old Website’ link at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the ‘Link Aadhaar Number’ link at the top of the old website homepage.
- A new window will open where the account holder has to fill in details such as account holder name, Union Bank of India account number and Aadhaar details such as the name as per Aadhaar card and the Aadhaar number.
- The account holder also has to mention the mobile number and email address and submit the information.
- Once this is done, an acknowledgement will appear on screen.
- The Aadhaar will be linked to the account once the bank has verified the details submitted and the account holder will be notified of the successful linking.
Documents Required to Link Aadhaar Number with Union Bank of India Account:
- Original and photocopy of Aadhaar card
- Original and photocopy of Passbook.
It is recommended for customers to link their Aadhaar number to their account with the Union Bank of India as this will enable them to receive benefits from all schemes and subsidies put forth by the Government of India such as MNREGA, Atal Pension Yojana, LPG Subsidy Scheme and so on. Linking their Aadhaar number will ensure that they will receive benefits directly to their bank account without any hassle and will also prevent the misuse of these funds.