One of the most important documents that will have to be procured by Indian citizens, Aadhar number is a 12 digit number provided by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Indian Government. This number acts as an identity as well as an address proof. Through this card, an individual’s biometric as well as demographic information in a database that is centralised.
Aadhar number is also important for individuals to receive subsidies and benefits of a number of schemes launched by the Indian Government. This article talks about the steps needed to link Aadhaar number to an account with the Union Bank of India.
One of the largest banks owned by the Indian Government, Union Bank of India was founded in the year 1919. It is currently headquartered in Mumbai and has over 4000 branches across the country. As part of its retail banking portfolio, Union Bank of India provides a lot of products and services such as loans, credit cards and so on.
There are primarily four ways through which individuals can link their Aadhaar card to their bank accounts. These methods are -
- Offline method, i.e., by visiting the bank directly
- Online, i.e., by visiting the internet banking facility of the bank
- Through SMS
- Via ATMs affiliated to that particular bank
In case individuals wish to link their Aadhaar card to their account with Union Bank of India, they will have to visit the nearest branch of the bank and follow the steps mentioned below -
- They will have to carry the necessary documents and visit the branch
- Individuals will have to procure a form to link their card to the bank account, fill it and submit it to the respective officer in the bank.
- Once this is done, all documents will be verified and applicants will receive the lower half of their completed application form as acknowledgement
- Once the linking has been done, applicants will receive a notification on their email or on their mobile phone.
In case applicants wish to link their card to their bank accounts online, they will have to follow the steps mentioned below-
- Applicants will have to visit the internet banking site of Union Bank of India and register with the website
- If they have already registered then they will have to login and enter their 15 digit Account Number which is available in their passbook.
- They should then provide additional details such as Aadhaar number, name as provided in their Aadhaar card, mobile number , email ID and submit these.
- Linking will be done manually once documents have been verified and applicants will receive confirmation once it is done.
Currently linking Aadhaar to an account with Union Bank of India via SMS or ATMs is not available. However, the steps mentioned above can be undertaken.
Documents Required to Link Aadhaar Number with Union Bank of India Account:
- Original and photocopy of Aadhaar card
- Original and photocopy of Passbook.
It is recommended for customers to link their Aadhaar number to their account with the Union Bank of India as this will enable them to receive benefits from all schemes and subsidies put forth by the Government of India such as MNREGA, Atal Pension Yojana, LPG Subsidy Scheme and so on. Linking their Aadhaar number will ensure that they will receive benefits directly to their bank account without any hassle and will also prevent the misuse of these funds.
Linking To Aadhar With Other Banks
- SBI Link Aadhar Card
- PNB Link Aadhar Card
- Indian Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Canara Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- ICICI Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Axis Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- HDFC Bank Link Aadhar Card
- United Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- Dena Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Aadhar Card Link To Vijaya Bank
- Bank Of Maharashtra Link Aadhaar Card
- Corporation Bank Aadhaar Card Link
- Andhra Bank Aadhaar Card Link
- IOB Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Allahabad Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce Link Aadhaar Card
- UCO Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Syndicate Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Central Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- Citibank Link Aadhaar Card Online
- Bank Of Baroda Link Aadhaar Card
- Link Aadhaar Card With Kotak Mahindra Bank
- IDBI Bank Link Aadhar Card