The Indian Bank is one of the oldest banks in India and was established in the year 1907. With over 2500 branches across the country, the bank caters to customers with a comprehensive range of financial products and services. People who have accounts in Indian Bank can link their account with Aadhaar card online, offline, by visiting an Indian Bank ATM, or through SMS.
The Aadhaar card, introduced by the government of India as a single identification number linked to all public distribution systems, is slowly becoming indispensable. The 12 digit number is issued to all Indian citizens on a voluntary basis and is required to be quoted on all government-disbursed services such as pension schemes, gas subsidies etc.
With the increasing use of Aadhar in government schemes and programs, linking the Aadhaar card with the bank account would make it possible to receive the benefits from these schemes hassle-free.
There are a number of ways to link one’s Aadhaar card with his/her Indian Bank account. The methods of which are given below:
- Online (through the Indian Bank website).
- Offline (from an Indian Bank branch)
- Through SMS/ATM facilities.
Link Aadhaar Card to Indian Bank Account Online
Indian Bank account holders can link their Aadhaar card to their bank account online through internet banking. Here’s how they can do it:
- Visit the official website of Indian Bank.
- Select the “Aadhaar Authentication” link.
- A new page will open where they have to enter their Account number, registered Mobile Number.
- Enter the captcha code as shown on the page and click on the “Submit” button.
- Once again a new page will open where they have to enter the OTP sent by Indian Bank and click on the “Validate” button.
- Now, the 12-digit Aadhaar number of the customer will be displayed. It is important to remember that to ensure security and safety, the number will be masked as ‘xxxx’ and will be partially viewable.
- Enter the OTP sent by UIDAI and click on the “Validate” button.
If the verification is successful, customers will see a success message status on the screen. In case, the authentication is not successful customers have to visit their nearest branch to complete the process.
Link Aadhaar Card to Indian Bank Account Offline
Customers can link their Aadhaar card with their Indian Bank account by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the nearest Indian Bank branch along with a self-attested copy of Aadhaar card and bank passbook.
- Submit the documents along with a self-written application form requesting seeding of Aadhaar card with the bank account to the branch office.
- Some branches will provide the customers with an application form to be filled for the eKYC process.
- After the form is filled in with correct information, the bank will give an acknowledgement slip to its customers.
On successful verification of the information provided, the bank will send a notification confirming the linking.
Link Aadhaar Card to Indian Bank Account through ATM
Customers who have their account in Indian Bank can also link their Aadhaar card to their account by visiting any nearest Indian Bank ATM and then following these steps:
- Insert/Swipe the Indian Bank ATM card at the machine.
- Enter the 4-digit ATM PIN.
- On the screen, select the “Services” option from the sub-menu.
- The account holder now has to select the “Requests” option.
- Next, he/she has to select the “Aadhaar Seeding” option.
- On the screen, enter 12-digit Aadhaar number. The customer has to enter the Aadhaar number again to re-confirm.
- Finally, select “Submit” to proceed with the Aadhaar linking request.
A confirmation message will be displayed on the screen as soon as the Aadhaar is linked to the bank account.
How to Link Aadhaar Card to Indian Bank Account through SMS
Account holders can also link their account with Aadhaar card by sending an SMS from their mobile phone. To link Aadhaar with Indian bank account, all they have to do is:
in the message. For example, type <123456789000> <987654321> where 123456789000 is the Aadhaar number and 987654321 is the account number.
- Now, send the message to 9289592895 from the phone number registered with the bank.
The linking process might take up to 2 days to complete. Account holders will be notified with a confirmation SMS after their Aadhaar card is linked to the Indian Bank account successfully.