The Aadhar card, introduced by the government of India as a single identification number linked to all public distribution systems, is slowly becoming indispensable. The 12 digit number is issued to all Indian citizens on a voluntary basis but will now require to be quoted on all government-disbursed services such as pension schemes, gas subsidies etc.
The Indian Bank is one of the oldest banks in India and was established in the year 1907. With over 2500 branches across the country, the bank caters to customers with a comprehensive range of financial products and services.
With the increasing use of Aadhar in government schemes and programs, linking your Aadhaar card with your bank account would make it possible to receive the benefits from these schemes hassle-free.
There are a number of ways to link your Aadhaar card with your Indian Bank account, some of which will be introduced shortly, as given below:
- Online (through the Indian Bank website).
- Offline (from an Indian Bank branch)
- Through SMS/ATM facilities.
How to Link Aadhaar Card with Indian Bank Account Offline
Customers can link their Aadhaar card with their Indian Bank account by following the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the nearest Indian Bank branch along with a copy of your Aadhaar card and bank passbook.
- Submit the documents along with a self-written application form requesting seeding of your Aadhaar card with your bank account to the branch office.
- Some branches will provide you with an application form to link your Aadhaar card with your bank account.
- In this case, the lower portion of the form will be handed back to you as a receipt.
- On successful verification of the information provided, the bank will send a notification confirming the linking.
As of now, Indian Bank does not provide its customers with the facility to apply online to link their Aadhaar card with their Indian Bank accounts. The bank also does not provide SMS or ATM avenues to link customers Aadhaar cards with their bank accounts.
News About How to Link Aadhaar Card with Indian Banks
Varanasi Municipality will use Aadhaar biometric for Attendance Authentication of Workers
Sanitation workers for Varanasi Municipal Corporation (VMC) will be asked to use the biometric attendance system for more efficient and accurate administrative approach. It will be an aadhar-based biometric system where the aadhar cards will be used for authentication. Corporation officials have already made a list of workers identifying as well as ensuring that their aadhar card is made before the authentication system is in practice.
1st December 2016