Aadhar card is a document that serves as a proof of identification. Aadhar card contains biometric details, demographic details and a 12 digit unique number known as Aadhaar number. One can link their Aadhar card to their bank accounts very easily, it is mandatory with some banks. Linking Aadhaar card with your bank account will ensure that you get the complete benefit of various schemes launched by the Indian Government.
Linking Aadhaar Card with Allahabad Bank Account
One can easily link their Aadhar card to their Allahabad Bank Account without any hassle. Listed below are the steps that needs to be followed in order to link your Aadhaar card with your Allahabad Bank Account.
- Visit the nearest Allahabad Bank branch.
- Carry your original Aadhaar card along with a photocopy of the same.
- Carry your original Passbook along with a photocopy of the same.
- One can also carry a self written application to apply for the linking of Aadhaar card to your Allahabad Bank Account.
- The bank may provide an application form for linking your Aadhaar card to your Allahabad Bank Account.
- Fill in the form with the correct details.
- Allahabad Bank officials might ask for the original documents for verification purposes.
- The documents will be returned to the customer as soon as the verification is complete.
- The bank official will give the customer the lower part of the application form which serves as a receipt.
- The bank will verify Aadhaar card linking to the bank account later manually.
- A confirmation message regarding the successful linking of Aadhaar card to the bank account will be sent to the customer via SMS or email.
Linking Aadhaar Card with Allahabad Bank Account Online or via SMS
Unfortunately Allahabad Bank has no provision to link the Aadhaar card with the bank account online or via SMS. But the bank has taken every measure to ensure that the customer can easily link their Aadhaar card with their Allahabad Bank Account offline.