Bakri-Id is an annual festival celebrated by the Muslim community globally. Distribution of meat among relatives and chanting the takbir are some of the most important practices on this day.
|Tuesday and Wednesday||20 to 21 July 2021||All Indian states|
Other Holidays in July 2021
The God had provided a male goat to Abraham to sacrifice as a substitute before he forwent his son. As per the God’s instructions, the male goat was sacrificed by dividing into 3 spares. The poor were offered the one-third of the share and another portion was given to friends and families. The residual portion was retained by the family of Abraham.
When does the date of Eid al-Adha fall? The festival date usually falls on the 10th day of Dhu al-Hijjah, according to the Islamic lunar calendar. As far as the international calendar is concerned, the date of the festival will change every year. The festival is celebrated across the world with different names. In Urdu and Hindi languages, Eid al-Adha is called Bakr-Eid. In Uzbekistan, Eid al-Adha is celebrated as Qurbon Hayiti. In Bangladesh, it is called Idul Azha. In Bengali, it is called Kurbanir Id. In Egypt, Eid al-Adha is celebrated as Id ul Baqarah.
When Is Eid al-Adha In Year 2021?
In 2021, the festival is observed on 20 July. It falls on Tuesday. According to the Muslim calendar, the festival holiday commences on the sunset of the earlier day and is observed on a similar day. As the international calendar is a solar calendar, the festival date is not the same. The Islamic calendar is a lunar calendar. Therefore, the festival of Eid al-Adha is observed usually on the same day every year. The date of Eid al-Adha will vary in various countries based on whether or not the moon has been farsighted.
List of Monthly Holidays 2021
Eid al-Adha In 2021-2022
In 2021, Eid al-Adha shall be celebrated on 31 July. It falls on Friday. In 2021, the festival shall be celebrated on 20 July and it falls on Tuesday. These dates have been offered on the basis of the dates espoused by the Fiqh Council of North America for celebrating the most famous festival of Eid al-Adha. The council releases the dates based on astronomical computations in order to validate every date. This approach for releasing the festival dates has been widely accepted.
How Is Eid al-Adha Celebrated?
Eid al-Adha 2021 falls on Monday. The Muslim community celebrates the festival through offering special prayers. The community exchanges gifts and greetings. In India, Eid al-Adha is a considered a gazetted holiday. Other names of this festival include Id-ul-Adha, the festival of sacrifice, Id-ul-Zuha and Bakr-Id. The festival is celebrated by wearing new dresses and submitting special prayers. Goats may be offered to the God. The meat is shared among family friends and relatives.
Public Life On Bakrid
Since Eid al-Adha is a gazetted holiday in India. All local, state and national government workplaces shall remain closed on the festival day. The commercial outlets owned by Muslims may remain closed or have reduced business hours. The public transport is not disturbed.
List of Trading Holidays 2021
Top 5 Destination To Celebrate Eid al-Adha 2021
If you are in search of the best places in India to celebrate Eid al-Adha 2021 with your friends and families, consider the following destinations:
- New Delhi: New Delhi, the cosmopolitan city, celebrates both forms of Eid in a grand manner. Thousands of Muslims gather at the Jama Masjid to submit prayers to the God. The festival meals are being prepared by the restaurants in the city.
- Srinagar: Srinagar, the capital city of Jammu and Kashmir, city has its own history as far as the festival of Eid al-Adha is concerned. The Muslims across the nation visit this destination to pray at the Aasar-e-Shareef Hazratbal. The festival meals are offered by restaurants and stalls. Visitors can shop at Goni Market, Lal Chawk and Regal Chowk.
- Lucknow: Lucknow, a town of Nawabs, is famous for many things. The city offers a plenty of points for its gastronomy. Muslims visit Lucknow to submit prayers to the God at Aishbagh Eidgah, which is the largest common praying place in the city.
- Kolkata: Kolkata, the capital city of West Bengal, celebrates the festival of Eid al-Adha grandly. The destination attracts thousands of Muslim on the festival day. Consider this place to spend Eid al-Adha 2021 with your friends and families.
- Hyderabad: Hyderabad, the capital city of Andhra Pradesh, is also called the city of Nizams. Many Muslims across the country visit Charminar to pray on the festival day. Like other cities, the festival meals are being served by stalls and hotels. The famous spots for celebrations include Madannapet and Masab Tank.
Holiday Destinations In India