Overview of Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) Debit Cards
Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) was established in Lahore (now in Pakistan) pre-independence, and is one of the leading and most popular Public Sector banks in India. The bank caters to the varied financial needs of its wide customer base. OBC has a strong network of ATMs and branches spread across the nation, and also provides various products and services in the field of Retail Banking and Personal Banking.
Apart from the various other products and services provided, Oriental Bank of Commerce offers debit cards to its customers. To maximise the utility and convenience of customers, the debit cards are endowed with various lucrative features. OBC debit/ATM cards can be used for various purposes; be it withdrawal of cash, paying bills, making purchases online or offline, shopping, dining, entertainment, etc.
Types of Oriental Bank of Commerce Debit Cards
OBC ATM cum Debit cards
OBC issues ATM cum Debit Card with the following features –
Customers can use their ATM card to withdraw cash from OBC ATMs and also ATMs of other banks, under Visa, RuPay (NFS) alliance. POS facility is also available for customers to use to shop and pay for their purchases. The card is delivered either to the customer’s residence or at the branch.
RuPay Debit Card
Set up by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), RuPay is an Indian domestic card payment network. An amalgamation of the terms ‘Rupee’ and ‘Payment’, RuPay has been launched to ensure a superior payment system in India. This card, presently, is being offered without any annual fee or issuance fee.
International Debit cum ATM Card
Customers holding a savings bank account or current account in the bank are issued this card. The other type of account holders who can be issued this card are Staff OD (he/she should be over 14 years of age, should be literate and not visually impaired or insolvent). NRI customers holding NRE/NRO accounts can also be issued this card. Customers enjoy the privilege of getting two add–on cards. This is issued over and above his/her own ATM card. The person to whom the account holder wants to give the add-on card to, doesn’t essentially need to have an account with OBC. Primary account holder’s spouse, dependant parents, children (not below 14 years of age). Every time any add-on cardholder makes any transaction, it will get debited from the account of the primary cardholder.
RuPay Kisan Card and VISA Green Cards
Through this card OBC extends the facilities of ATM cum Debit Cards to farmers of India. OBC offers two separate cards called RuPay Kisan Card and Green Card. It is issued in the accounts of the account holder farmers under the General Credit Card or Oriental Green Card schemes. RuPay Kisan Card is a type of RuPay card which can be used for cash withdrawal and making payments (through RuPay). Similarly, the Green card is a Visa debit card which can be used for cash withdrawal and making payment. This can be done through POS terminals on Visa network in India, Nepal and Bhutan.
Daily Limit of Oriental Bank of Commerce Debit Cards
Every OBC debit card has a daily transaction limit when it comes to cash withdrawal and POS transactions. The comprehensive below lists the same.
Type of Card
Daily Cash withdrawal limit
International ATM Card
RuPay ATM Card
International Debit Card
RuPay Debit Card
Benefits of holding Oriental Bank of Commerce Debit Cards
- Customers holding any type of OBC Debit Cards are entitled to enjoy a wide array of benefits.
- The debit cards offer enhanced security on each financial transaction made, whether it is online or offline.
- Each debit card has a separate daily limits for cash withdrawals and POS/E-Commerce transactions to suit the varied customer profiles.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce International Debit cum ATM card can be used by NRI customers holding NRO/NRE accounts with the bank.
- Cardholders enjoy the freedom of making cashless transactions by getting to pay for their shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel expenses by swiping their card.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. I hold an Oriental Bank of Commerce International debit cum ATM card. Do I get to use the net banking facilities, as well?
A. Yes, of course. As an International debit cum ATM cardholder you do get an option to activate your internet banking facilities. The card also comes with a host of other benefits. Customers can get two add –on cards. This is issued over and above his/her own ATM card. The person to whom the account holder wants to give the add-on card to, doesn’t essentially need to hold an account with the bank. Primary account holder’s spouse, dependant parents, children (not below 14 years of age). Every time any add-on cardholder makes any transaction, it will get debited from the account of the primary cardholder. The latter is also responsible for the any financial transactions made by the former.
Q. I am an RuPay Kisan card holder, can I use my card to withdraw cash?
A. Yes, your RuPay Kisan card has been endowed with all the facilities of an ATM card. So, you can use your card at ATMs to withdraw cash.
Q. Is there any difference between OBC RuPay Kisan Card and Visa Green Card?
A. Both these cards have been designed by OBC to extend the facilities of ATM cum Debit Cards to farmers of India, and are issued to the account holder farmers under the General Credit Card or Oriental Green Card schemes. While the RuPay Kisan Card is a type of RuPay card which can be used for cash withdrawal and making payments, but through RuPay network, the Green card is a Visa debit card (which can also be used for cash withdrawal and making payments), but this can be done through POS terminals on Visa network in India, Nepal and Bhutan.
Q. What is the daily withdrawal limit on my OBC RuPay Debit Card?
A. The daily cash withdrawal limit on your OBC RuPay Debit card is Rs 25,000 and daily purchase limit (online/offline) is Rs. 25,000, as well.
Q. What is the daily transaction limit on my OBC International Debit Card?
A. The daily cash withdrawal limit on your OBC International Debit card is Rs 25,000.The daily purchase limit, through merchant outlets/online portals is Rs. 25,000, as well.
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- Rupay Debit Card
- Prepaid Card
- International Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
- Oriental Bank of Commerce Credit Card
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce Car Loan Interest Rates
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce Car Loan Eligibility Calculator
- Oriental Bank of Commerce Personal Loan
- Oriental Bank of Commerce Car Loan
- Oriental Bank of Commerce Used Car Loan
- Oriental Bank of Commerce Recurring Deposit Rates
- Oriental Bank of Commerce Fixed Deposit Rates
- Oriental Bank of Commerce IFSC Code
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.