The sheer number of credit and debit cards on the market can make selecting the right ones appear a pretty daunting experience. But everyday purchases can really pay off if you earn frequent-flier miles or other bonus points through loyalty programs.
As a nationalized bank headquartered in Kolkata (India’s City of Joy), Allahabad Bank holds the position of being the oldest joint stock in the country. It is also one of the oldest to offer ATM services to clientele where people are given the convenience of round-the-clock banking. Being a member of VISA & NFS Networks and in that way empowering individuals to use a comprehensive network of ATMs globally, it had the honor of making it into Forbes Top 200 Global list.
Features & Benefits:
For Allahabad Bank ATMs
When using other banks’ VISA ATMs
From other banks of NFS Network
From VISA POS (Point of Sale)
Money withdrawal limit of up to INR 25,000 daily
Allowed to draw money
Allowed to draw money
Shopping bills of up to INR 25,000 daily (as per your account balance)
Taking out fast cash
Checking your account balance
You can change your PIN Number as many times as you want.
Cash transaction from one account to an associated card is limited up to a maximum of INR 15,000 daily.
You can operate more than one account with one International Debit-Cum-ATM Card
You can deposit or cash your cheque as well as get a cheque book from your nearest Allahabad bank branch
You can apply for free personal accident indemnification if you are an international debit-cum-ATM cardholder. This is another attractive feature that comes with the card.
Free Personal Accident Insurance:
- Every customer holding a Current or Savings Bank Account other than children including joint account users are qualified to apply for ALLAHABAD BANK’s International Debit-cum-ATM Card.
- All Core Banking Solution branches are offering the ATM cum International Debit Card perks.
- If you do not have a Current or Savings Account, it is prudent to first open your account with Allahabad bank.
- Send the duly filled application form to the concerned bank along with your latest passport sized photograph.
- You will soon get your customized ATM-cum Debit Card sent to your home along with the secret PIN number and other information.
- It is strongly recommended that you change your PIN number from any home ATM soon after receiving it.
Loss or Damage of the Debit Card:
In the event of loss or theft of your debit card, please report it to your nearest Allahabad bank branch either by calling at their toll-free customer service number (1800-22-0363), via mail or in person at the earliest. To get a duplicate card, a small fee of INR 100 is charged.
You are ensured solid security through your own secret PIN (Personal Identification Number), which shouldn’t be divulged to a third person. Only you can handle your bank account transactions this way. It is advised that you change PIN at least once in 3 months.
More Terms and Conditions:
- The validity of the Allahabad Bank’s International Debit-Cum-ATM card is 5 years from the day it is issued.
- The card will be delivered for free to main as well as co-holder of the account.
- There shall be no yearly membership fees for the initial year. But from the subsequent year onwards, you will be levied a nominal fee of INR 100 a year to renew the card. Only instant cardholders are exempted from annual fee.
Are there charges for getting a duplicate PIN?
Yes, Allahabad Bank charges INR 28 if you want to get a duplicate PIN. This is the revised rate which came into effect in 2013 and has remained ever since.
What are the transaction fee if I am using my debit card when travelling internationally?
First it will depend if the ATMs you are using abroad are VISA connected or not. If it is VISA-associated, then you will be levied INR 170 for withdrawing money and INR 17 if you want to check your account balance.
How does the Allahabad Bank debit card work?
Your international debit-cum-ATM card works just like a normal ATM card and at mercantile, it can be swiped to pay your shopping bills and the amount will be directly debited from your account balance.
At all mercantile you need to comply with the following:
- A VISA or VISA Electron sign
- VISA-supporting card swiping machine
- Submit your card for swiping for authorization
- Sign the sales slip before leaving with your card
What are the steps to activate my Allahabad bank debit card?
As part of safety measures by the bank, you will be sent a card which you cannot use for shopping for the time being. You need to use the secret PIN to activate it in two steps. One, go to any Allahabad Bank ATM and swipe the card and enter the given PIN. Verify it by getting in touch with their customer service center and your card will be activated.
Can I apply for an additional card which could be used by another family member?
Yes, you can get up to two extra debit cards for free. This can be given to joint account owners as well as another close family member. But of course, the operating directives for your account are to be handled only by you.
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
- Allahabad Bank Car Loan Interest Rates
- Allahabad Bank Car Loan Eligibility Calculator
- Allahabad Bank Personal Loan
- Allahabad Bank Car Loan
- Allahabad Bank Credit Card
- Allahabad Bank Used Car Loan
- Allahabad Bank RD Interest Rate
- Allahabad Bank Recurring Deposit Rates
- Allahabad Bank Fixed Deposit Rates
- Allahabad Bank IFSC Code
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.