As per the Unique Identification Authority of India’s directive, it is compulsory for account holders to link their Aadhaar Card to their bank account. Here is a step-by-step guide to link one’s Aadhaar Card to Axis Bank account.
Axis bank account holders can link their accounts with Aadhaar online, offline, through mobile app, or by visiting an Axis Bank ATM.
Link Aadhaar Card to Axis Bank Account Online
The very first step in the process requires the individual to visit Axis Bank's official website. From there they will have to navigate to the “Link Your Aadhaar” page available under the “Explore” tab. On this page, one will find information regarding completion of the linking process. This page gives a step-by-step guide for all the methods through which one can link Aadhar with Axis Bank account.
If the customer has Axis Bank Internet Banking facility, he/she can click the “Click Here” link mentioned just under the “Internet Banking” option. On the newly opened page, account holders can follow these steps –
Step-1. Log in to the Axis Bank Internet banking using username and password. If the customer does not have an account, he/she has to register first before using this service.
Step-2. Click open the 'Services' tab and select "Insta Services".
Step-3. Click on the "Update Aadhaar" option.
Step-4. Enter 12-digit Aadhaar number and registered mobile number.
Step-5. The bank will send an OTP to the registered mobile number.
Step-6. Enter the OTP and click on the “Submit” button.
Step-7. The Aadhaar update/linking request will be processed, and the Axis Bank account will be linked within 1 working day.
Link Aadhaar Card to Axis Bank Account through Mobile App
Axis Bank customers can also link their Aadhar card to their Axis Bank accounts through the Axis Mobile App. Here’s how they can do it.
- Download Axis Mobile App on the smartphone.
- Log in to the Axis Mobile using username and password.
- Select 'Insta Services' tab and click on the 'Update Aadhaar' option.
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number and registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP sent to the mobile number and click the “Submit” button.
Through the mobile app of Axis Bank, customers can instantly link their Aadhaar to their Axis bank account.
Link Aadhaar Card to Axis Bank Account through Phone Banking (IVRS)
Axis Bank account holders can also avail the phone banking or “Interactive Voice Response System” (IVRS) service to link their account with Aadhaar card. There are two ways to link Aadhaar with bank account through phone banking or IVRS.
Phone Banking Using Registered Mobile Number
- Dial 18604195555 or 18605005555 from the registered mobile number to avail the Axis Phone Banking.
- Follow the voice instruction and dial 2 for savings account or dial 3 for credit card.
- Next, press 1 to link Aadhaar card with the bank account.
Phone Banking Using Non-Registered Mobile Number
- Call 18604195555 or 18605005555 from any mobile number.
- Select preferred language.
- Dial 2 for savings account and 3 for credit card.
- Follow the voice-activated service and press 1 to link Aadhaar card with Axis Bank account.
Once the request is processed, an Axis Bank customer’s account will be linked to his/her Aadhaar within 1 working day.
Link Aadhaar Card to Axis Bank Account via SMS
To link Aadhaar with Axis Bank account via SMS the customers have to follow this simple step:
For example, a customer can send a text that says AN 123456789000 AC 987654 to 5676782. In this case, 123456789000 is the Aadhaar number, and 987654 are the last six digits of the customer’s account number.
Once the bank receives SMS, it will process the same, and the customer will be notified once the process is complete.
Link Aadhaar Card to Axis Bank Account Offline
Customers of Axis Bank can also choose to take the offline route by personally visiting an Axis Bank branch to link their Aadhaar Card to their Axis Bank account. Here’s how they can do it.
- Download the application form from the official website of Axis Bank.
- Take a printout of the same.
- Fill in the necessary details and submit the form to a nearest Axis Bank branch.
- Account holders are advised to carry their original Aadhaar Card along with a photocopy of it during their visit to the branch.
After the verification process is complete, customers’ Axis Bank account will be linked to their Aadhaar within 1 working day.
Link Aadhaar Card to Axis Bank Account by Visiting Axis ATM
The customers can also link their Aadhaar card to their Axis Bank account from any Axis Bank ATM outlet. All they have to do is:
- Visit a nearest Axis Bank ATM.
- Insert/Swipe the Debit card.
- From the main menu screen select “Link Aadhaar Number” option.
- Enter the 4-digit ATM/Debit card PIN.
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Re-enter Aadhar number.
- Select “Confirm”.
Linking Aadhaar card with Axis Bank account via ATM machine will need 3 to 4 working days to complete.
As per the Supreme Court of India’s directive all existing Axis bank accounts need to be linked with the respective Aadhaar card. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that customers, who have not yet received their Aadhaar card must submit their acknowledgement number of enrolment for Aadhaar to the bank.
Linking To Aadhar With Other Banks
- SBI Link Aadhar Card
- PNB Link Aadhar Card
- Indian Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Canara Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- ICICI Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Union Bank Of India Link Aadhaar Card
- HDFC Bank Link Aadhar Card
- United Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- Dena Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Aadhar Card Link To Vijaya Bank
- Bank Of Maharashtra Link Aadhaar Card
- Corporation Bank Aadhaar Card Link
- Andhra Bank Aadhaar Card Link
- IOB Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Allahabad Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce Link Aadhaar Card
- UCO Bank Link Aadhar Card
- Syndicate Bank Link Aadhaar Card
- Central Bank Of India Link Aadhar Card
- Citibank Link Aadhaar Card Online
- Bank Of Baroda Link Aadhaar Card
- Link Aadhaar Card With Kotak Mahindra Bank
- IDBI Bank Link Aadhar Card