Established in 1906, government-owned Canara Bank is one of India’s largest public sector banks. Canara Bank has over 6,000 branches all over the country and over 1 lakh ATMs. The bank also has a few branches overseas, most of which were established in the 1980s.
Internet banking, which was introduced in India in 1996, has drastically changed the way most of us carry out our banking transactions. Much like many of the private banks and some public sector banks, Canara Bank has also evolved to keep up with the technological advancements that have taken place. One such measure was the introduction of internet banking.
Canara Bank’s internet banking facilities are available to all of its customers registered at the bank’s Core Banking (CBS) Branches. Both retail and corporate customers can avail Canara Bank’s internet banking services. The internet banking facilities for corporate and retail customers are designed in a way that best caters to them. Furthermore, Canara Bank does not charge its customers for the internet banking facilities it extends
Registering for the bank’s internet banking facilities is fairly simple. The bank’s official website is user-friendly and the instructions are clear and straightforward. One of the key factors to activating and using the bank’s internet banking facilities is making sure that your mobile number is registered with the bank’s records.
Registering for Canara Bank’s Internet Banking Facilities
As previously mentioned, customers registered at the bank’s Core Banking Branches are eligible to use the bank’s internet banking facilities. In order to avail these service, the customer has to first register for internet banking. The following are some methods to register for internet banking services:
- Customers can sign up for internet banking by visiting their bank branch and requesting an internet banking application form. Once the application form is filled and submitted to the bank, the bank usually mails the customer’s internet banking credentials to the customer’s mailing address registered with the bank.
- Customers can also sign up for internet banking by downloading the internet banking application from the bank’s official website. Once the application form is filled, it should be submitted to the customer’s bank branch. The login credentials will be mailed to the customer after the application is processed.
- Once the customer has registered for Canara Bank’s internet banking facilities and has received their login details, the internet banking services can be activated.
Learn about Canara Bank Netbanking
Activating Canara Bank Net Banking
Before beginning the activation process, customers have to make sure that they have received all the verification key and activation code. These are usually sent by the bank via SMS. The steps to activate your internet banking facilities are as follows:
- Go to Canara Bank’s official internet banking website and click on the “New Registration” option.
- You will then be redirected to the net banking terms and conditions page. Click on the “I Agree” option to move on to the next step.
- Fill out the details requested on the registration page. This includes your account number, registered mobile number, debit card number and customer ID provided by the bank.
- After filling out the details requested in the form, the bank will send an OTP to the registered mobile number. Enter the mobile number in the OTP authentication page and click “Submit”.
- You will then be required to create a password for your net banking transactions. If the password meets the parameters expected by the bank, click on submit to complete the activation process.
- When the activation process is complete, you will be redirected to the Canara Bank internet banking home page.
- Click on “Login to NetBanking” and enter your User ID and newly created password.
- You will then be required to enter your debit card number, expiry date on the card and ATM PIN.
- The bank then sends another OTP to your registered mobile number, which must be entered to create a transaction password.
- After creating a transaction password, your net banking activation process is complete and you can now carry out the various net banking services that Canara Bank offers its customers.