Here are some important do’s and don’ts to follow when applying for PAN:
Do’s For Pan Card
- Make use of Form 49A when it comes to applying for a PAN card.
- Ensure that the PAN application is filled in in block letters using black ink.
- A recent colour photo must be pasted on the form. The size of the photo should be 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm.
- The signature of the applicant must be placed in the same box.
- In case a thumb impression is used on the form, make sure that the same is attested by a gazetted officer or a notary public or a magistrate under the official stamp and seal.
- Make sure that the right AO code is provided in the application.
- Make sure that the AO code is specified as the following in brackets in case the person applying is a defence employee. (Air Force – DEL W 72 W; Navy – PNE W 55 3; Navy – MUM W 11 8)
- Make sure that a proof of identity, a proof of your date of birth and a proof of address have been attached.
- Make sure that the proof of identity, proof of date of birth and proof of address have the same name as written in the application.
- Make sure that information relating to Representative Assessee in column 14 of the application are provided in case the applicant is a minor, lunatic, idiot or deceased.
- Make sure that the proof of identity and proof of address are provided for Representative Assessee too in case the Representative Assessee is appointed.
- Make sure that the whole postal address is mentioned in the application along with a landmark.
- Make sure that the pin code mentioned in the address field of the form is correct.
- Make sure that the email ID and telephone number mentioned in the form is correct.
Don’ts For Pan Card
- Make sure that there are no corrections or overwriting in the form.
- Make sure that the photograph is not stapled or pinned to the form.
- Make sure that the signature is not put across the box. It should be within the box.
- Make sure that the proof of identity, proof of date of birth and proof of address that are not in the applicant’s name are not provided.
- Make sure that any additional details such as rank, designation, date, etc. are not mentioned along with the signature.
- Make sure that the husband’s name is not mentioned in the field requesting father’s name.
- Make sure that initials are not used in the field that requests for first and last name.
- Make sure that you don’t make an application for PAN is not made if you already have one.