It is important to have accurate information on the PAN card as it is used for all kinds of financial transactions, filing of taxes, and identification purposes. If there are any errors in the PAN card, it has to be rectified immediately. The Government of India has made it easy for cardholders to submit their PAN card related issues PAN Grievances service. Through online and offline methods, anyone can submit PAN related issues and complaints. Find out more about these services here.
Common Mistakes in PAN Card
There are a few mistakes that commonly occur with PAN cards. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Incorrect name - There’s possibility of your PAN card showing the wrong name. As PAN is considered as an ID proof throughout India, such mistakes should be rectified immediately.
- Incorrect Photo on the card - A PAN card with the wrong photo should be reported to the relevant authority immediately.
- Undelivered PAN card - Sometimes an applicant misses the delivery of their PAN card. In such cases, the card is sent back undelivered to the authorities. Such cases should be informed to the relevant authority immediately.
- PAN Card and Permanent Account Number not received - In some cases, the PAN card is misplaced or gets delivered to the wrong address. You should file a complaint if you fail to receive your card as well as permanent account number, few weeks after submitting your application
- Other Mistakes - There are other mistakes like incorrect date of birth, misspelt father’s name, incorrect communication address, etc. that should be informed to the relevant authorities.
List Of Pan Card Office in India 2021
How To Make PAN Card Related Complaints
Below mentioned are a few easy steps that you can follow to make a PAN card related complaint through various portals:
Via Income Tax Website:
Step 1: Open the Income Tax Department’s official website
Step 2: Click on the “Taxpayer Services” section.
Step 3: From that page, go to the PAN Grievances section.
Step 4: Once the page opens, fill in all the relevant details (receipt number/ Permanent Account Number, personal details, email id, etc.) along with the nature of your complaint.
Step 5: Submit the application.
Via TIN NSDL:
Step 1: Open the TIN NSDL portal.
Step 2: Click on the Customer Care section on the website
Step 3: Click on Complaints/Queries from the drop-down section to open the application.
Step 4: Choose the Complaint option and fill out all the relevant details.
Step 5: Enter the captcha code given at the end of the form and submit.
Beside the online methods, you can also register a PAN related complaint through customer care helpline number. Below is the number for the Income Tax Department help desk as well as their email id which you can use to register your complaint.
- Income Tax Department Help Desk - 18001801961 or
- NSDL Call Center - +912027218080
- Email ID - firstname.lastname@example.org
Link PAN Card to Bank Accounts Online
How to Check the Status of PAN Related Complaint
After submitting your complaint, you will be provided with a coupon/complaint number that you can use to check the status of your PAN related queries. Below are a few simple steps that you can follow to check the status.
Step 1: Open the online portal you used to register your complaint.
Step 2: Enter your complaint/coupon number and PAN number and submit.
Step 3: The status of your complaint will appear on the screen.