What is AIN?
AIN or Account Office Identification Number is a special 7 digit identification number provided to each accounts office by the Directorate of the Income Tax System, Delhi. It is mandatory for every Accounts Office to have an Account Identification Number while submitting Form 24G.
Every Accounts Office can register their AIN online and once they are registered successfully, they can login with their unique User Id and password. One can apply for AIN through the form ‘Application for Allotment of Accounts Office Identification Number’. Once the AIN is allocated, the same will be communicated via e-mail or a letter to the PAO/CDDO/DTO to the contact address mentioned in the AIN application form.
Get More Information About Pan Card:
What is an Accounts Office or AO?
AO or Accounts Office are government entities including Pay and Accounts Office. The Account office has to compulsorily have AIN if they intend to furnish Form 24G.
Steps for registration of AIN
Given below are the steps for registration of AIN online through NSDL website.
- Visit the official NSDL website
- Choose the ‘Download’ option on the website
- Next choose the ‘Form 24G’ option
- Download the ‘AIN application form’ which is found under the Form 24G section
- Fill in the AIN form completely with the correct details and submit the form
Online Account Office Identification Number Registration Form
Listed below are the details that needs to be provided for each section of the Online Account Office Identification Number Registration Form.
Details of AO
- AIN number
- AO category
- Account office name
- Name of Ministry
- Name of State
- Name of sub ministry
- Sub Ministry
- Name of the Department
- PAO code
- PAO Registration number
Contact details of AO
- Flat or Door number
- Building name
- Street name or Post office
- Pin code
- Phone number
- Email Id
- Name of responsible individual
- Designation of responsible individual
Details of accepted Form 24G
- Provisional receipt number
- Provisional receipt date
- Count of DDO
- Total TDS or TCS remitted to the government
AIN Account details
- User Id
- Security question and answer
AIN for Form 24G
PAO/DTO/CDDO are required to file Form 24G for Income Tax purposes and for filing Form 24G they need to have AIN. It is mandatory for Accounts Office to have AIN if they are providing Form 24G.