The Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme for LPG has been designed to aid and benefits millions of Indians who rely on LPG for their daily use. In a country of great wealth disparity, saving a few hundred rupees each month can mean a lot to thousands of families, which is where the LPG subsidy kicks in. A move by the government to directly credit the subsidy amount into their account, it can save time and effort which could’ve been the case if it was done through any other mode. The LPG subsidy will reach your SBI account once it is linked with your Aadhar card, providing seamless interaction between relevant authorities.
Different Ways to Link Your Aadhar Card and SBI Account
Gone are the days when one would need to physically go to a bank to get any work done. Today, technology has ensured that banking can be done from anywhere, anytime. Linking your Aadhar and SBI account is very simple, with a number of ways to do it, as highlighted below:
Link SBI Account and Aadhar to Receive LPG Subsidy via Internet Banking
The internet has changed the way the world functions, playing a crucial role in the evolution of banking in India. Given the paucity of time and patience, internet banking has become a boon for thousands of us, enabling us to do all our banking related activities as per our convenience. Individuals who wish to link their Aadhar and SBI account via internet banking need to follow a few basic steps, as highlighted below:
- Log onto the official website of SBI, www.onlinesbi.com with your user credentials.
- Navigate to the “My Accounts” section after you have logged in.
- Click on the tab which says “Link your Aadhar number”, post which you will have to enter a few details.
- Provide the Aadhar number and the account number to which you wish to link it.
- Confirm the same by checking the digits of your mobile number, which will be displayed next.
The status to link the account will be updated to you through your registered mobile number, and could take a few days before linking is done.
Note: This facility can be used only by those individuals who have opted for the Internet Banking service.
Link SBI Account and Aadhar to Get LPG Subsidy via ATMs
ATMs are not limited to just withdrawing money, for they offer a number of additional services as well. Individuals can use an SBI ATM to link their Aadhar and account by following a few simple steps:
- Locate an SBI ATM and use your ATM card and PIN to log into your account.
- Navigate to the menu and choose the section which says “Service – Registrations”.
- Next, choose the Aadhar Registration option.
- Choose the account with which you intend to link your Aadhar details.
- Enter your Aadhar number and verify it by entering the same again.
Once done, it could take a few days for the linking process to be completed.
Link your SBI Account and Aadhar via SMS
One can also link their account and Aadhar details by sending a simple SMS, with the procedure highlighted below:
- Make sure that your mobile number is registered with SBI.
- Send an SMS from this registered mobile number to 567676.
- The SMS should be like this: UID
Aadhar details (number) your account number.
- Once delivered, an SMS will be sent to you, confirming the request for the same.
- SBI will verify the information, with the linking done only once all details match.
Post verification, an SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number and the individual requesting for such service will have to go to a branch of the bank and provide a copy of the Aadhar card to confirm the same. Once done, linking will be completed in a few working days.
Individuals who have not registered their mobile number with SBI will first need to register it and then follow the procedure.
Link SBI Account and Aadhar through SBI Branches to Avail LPG Subsidy
This is perhaps the most preferred route to complete the linking process, for thousands of SBI customers do not have access to the other modes. Individuals who wish to link the account using this mode can do so by following these steps:
- Visit the nearest branch of SBI and submit a Letter of Request indicating your intention to link your Aadhar and SBI account.
- Produce a copy of your Aadhar card and submit it along with the aforementioned letter.
- Bank authorities will verify the information and begin the process once verification is done.
Once verified, you will receive an SMS indicating the status of your request. Linking should be complete in a few working days.
Individuals who do not wish to link their Aadhar and SBI account are also eligible to receive a subsidy, but this is more complicated and could involve precious time and effort. Linking the two eliminates any third-party involvement, with the subsidy amount directly credited to the customer. In case an individual wishes to change the account details/link to a different account, they can do so by choosing any of the options and updating the new information. In case multiple accounts have been linked, the account which was linked the last will be considered for subsidy.