An average Indian household consumes anywhere between 10 and 14 LPG cylinders a year, paying a decent sum of money to ensure they get the cylinders for their homes. Despite the fact that LPG is subsidised, it is expensive, with a number of families finding it hard to afford one. It was with this in mind that the government introduced the LPG subsidy, wherein the subsidy provided on a cylinder will be paid directly to the consumer, eliminating all middlemen. The government ensured that this was possible by linking the Aadhar card directly with the bank account, so that each person gets the benefits of the subsidised rates without having to run around. While there are other means to get the subsidy credited, it is recommended that one link their Aadhar and bank account to simplify the process.
Process to Link Your Aadhar Card with HDFC Account to Avail Receive Subsidy
Individuals who have an HDFC account and wish to get the LPG subsidy directly credited to this account can do so by linking their Aadhar card to the said account. The different ways in which this linking can be done are mentioned below:
Online Linking of Aadhar Card with HDFC Account
This is perhaps the simplest and quickest way to link your Aadhar card and HDFC account. Individuals who wish to do the same are expected to follow these simple steps:
- Go to the official website of HDFC Bank India and navigate to the Net Banking option.
- Login through your registered user ID and password.
- Navigate to the “Requests” tab in the page and click on the tab which says “View/Update Aadhar details”.
- It is possible for an individual to have more than one HDFC account. Choose the account with which you wish to link your Aadhar card.
- Enter the Aadhar number once you’ve chosen the account in which you wish to receive the subsidy.
- Click the “Update” tab after entering the information again.
- Verify the information provided and click the “Confirm” tab to complete the linking process.
The account will be linked to the Aadhar number after the bank validates the information, with it likely to be completed in a matter of 3 to 4 working days.
Offline Linking of Aadhar Card with HDFC Account
Individuals who do not have access to NetBanking facilities can choose to link their HDFC account and Aadhar number by offline modes as well. One can do this by following these simple steps:
- Locate the nearest HDFC Bank branch and visit it personally.
- The branch will have an application on how to link the Aadhar and account.
- Fill up the form and submit it with supporting documents (ID proof, Aadhar photocopy).
- The bank could ask for the original Aadhar card to complete the linking process.
Once submitted, the two will be linked after all documents are verified. This could take around 3-4 days to complete.
Other Ways to Link Your Aadhar Card and HDFC Account
In addition to the aforementioned ways, HDFC Bank provides two more options which can be used to link the Aadhar card to a bank account. These include Mobile Banking and Phone Banking.
Linking Your Aadhar Card and HDFC Account via Mobile Banking
Technology has ensured that we can bank on the move, thanks to our smart phones. Individuals who have HDFC’s Mobile Banking app can complete the linking process through their phone by following these simple steps:
- Login using the credentials provided.
- Navigate to the “Accounts” section and click on the “Requests” tab.
- Select the option which says “View/Update Aadhar details”.
- Choose the account with which you wish to link your Aadhar details.
- Enter the Aadhar number once you choose the account in which you want to subsidy amount.
- Once done, you will have to verify the details and submit the information again, post which you can confirm to complete the process.
Once completed, it would take the bank around 3 working days to link the account with Aadhar details.
Linking Your Aadhar Card and HDFC Account via Phone Banking
Individuals can utilise the Phone Banking service offered by HDFC to link their Aadhar to their account. This can be done by following these simple steps:
- Find out the Phone Banking IVR for the city you are in and call them. Select the language which you wish to converse in.
- Choose the option which says “Bank Account” and then choose option 6 which deals with “Requests and Complaints”.
- After selecting this option, choose option 2.
- Now choose option 8 which is used to update the Aadhar details.
- Confirm the same by using either your debit card details and verifying it with your PIN or through your customer ID and TIN.
- Enter your Aadhar number and verify it by submitting it again.
- Once done, an SMS will be sent indicating the same.
The bank will take around 3-4 days to process the details, post which the account will be linked to the card.
It is important that one complete the linking, for this provides a seamless way of receiving the LPG subsidy, saving considerable time and effort. While there are other means to receive the subsidy, it is recommended that one link the Aadhar details. In the event of an individual wishing to change the account in which he/she wishes to receive the subsidy, they can follow any mode and re-link the details to the new account.