CPP Card Protection is the first comprehensive card protection service in India. ICICI bank offers this service to its customers to assist them in the event of card theft, loss, fraud, or other emergencies. Customers can protect all their financial and non-financial cards/documents, i.e., debit cards, credit cards, loyalty cards, and membership forms using this service. In case the customer loses a card from misplacement or theft anywhere in the world, he/she would just have to call CPP’s 24-hour helpline number to report the loss.
Features and benefits of ICICI Bank Card Protection Plan
Salient features of the Card Protection Plan offered by ICICI Bank are as follows:
- Block all your cards through one phone call - Irrespective of where you are in the world, if you have lost your wallet with all your cards, you just have to make one phone call to the CPP service to report the loss. The 24-hour toll-free number of the service is 1800 419 4000 or 6000 4000. In the latter, you will have to prefix the city STD code if you are making the call from a mobile phone. CPP will in turn call the issuers of your cards and get them cancelled. Additionally, CPP also facilitates in the replacement of the cancelled cards.
Emergency assistance for travel and hotel - If you are travelling within India or abroad and you lose your cards, CPP service will help you in the following ways:
- Hotel assistance - If you are unable to pay your hotel bill, CPP assists in the payment process.
- Travel assistance - If you have lost your travel tickets along with your cards, CPP helps in replacing the travel tickets so that you can return home safely.
- Emergency cash advance - If you lose your cash along with your cards, CPP will provide you an emergency cash advance. This facility is only available in India for Premium memberships.
The above facilities will be offered to you free of any interests. The availed amount should, however, be paid back within 28 days.
- Fraud protection - Your cards will be protected from fraudulent activities such as phishing, counterfeiting, skimming, duplicate cards, compromised cards, PIN-based fraud, etc.
- Registration of valuable documents - Customers can also register the details of their valuable documents like insurance certificates, driving license, passport, etc. These details will be held safe and will be provided to the customer when the originals are not in hand. In case the customer loses his/her passport abroad, CPP will provide him/her the necessary assistance to get a new passport issued.
- Lost PAN Card replacement facility - If the customer loses his/her PAN Card, CPP will arrange for a replacement PAN Card, free of cost.
- Lost mobile phone reporting facility/SIM blocking service - If the customer loses his/her mobile phone, CPP assists in blocking the SIM card.
- Mobile phone identifier registration facility - Customers can register their mobile phone IMEI numbers with CPP, so that these will be made available when needed.
- Reminder stickers and key fobs - Customers can attach key fobs to their keys so that finders can return them by calling the CPP service. Key fobs also serve as reminders to reach out to CPP in case of emergencies.
How to apply for ICICI Bank Card Protection Plan
The application process for the ICICI Bank Card Protection Plan is simple.
- Customers can apply for CPP online through the bank’s website.
- Alternatively, applicants can contact the customer care number of the bank and register a request for CPP enrollment. The customer care numbers of the bank are as listed below:
|Andhra Pradesh: 7306667777||Ahmedabad: 07933667777 / 07944455000|
|Assam: 9864667777||Bangalore: 08033667777 / 08044455000|
|Bihar: 8102667777||Bhopal: 07553366777|
|Chattisgarh: 9098667777||Bhubaneswar: 06743366777|
|Goa: 9021667777||Chandigarh: 01723366777 / 01724445500|
|Gujarat: 8000667777||Chennai: 04433667777 / 04444455000|
|Haryana: 9017667777||Dehradun: 01353366777|
|Himachal Pradesh: 9817667777||Delhi: 01133667777 / 01144455000|
|Jammu & Kashmir: 9018667777||Ernakulam: 04843366777|
|Jharkhand: 8102667777||Gurgaon: 01243366777 / 01244445500|
|Karnataka: 8088667777||Hyderabad : 04033667777 / 04044455000|
|Kerala: 9020667777||Jaipur: 01413366777 / 01414445500|
|Madhya Pradesh: 9098667777||Kolkata: 03333667777 / 03344455000|
|Maharashtra: 9021667777||Lucknow: 05223366777 / 05224445500|
|Orissa: 9692667777||Mumbai: 02233667777 / 02244455000|
|Punjab: 7307667777||Panaji: 08323366777|
|Rajasthan: 7877667777||Patna: 06123366777|
|TamilNadu: 7305667777||Raipur: 07713366777|
|Uttar Pradesh: 8081667777||Shimla: 01773366777|
|Uttarakhand: 8081667777||West Bengal: 8101667777|
- The customer can also walk into an ICICI Bank branch and request for registering to the CPP service.
Details of ICICI Bank Card Protection Plan
Customers can avail the Card Protection Plan from ICICI Bank by opting for any of the three packages offered by the bank:
- Classic Single
- Premium Joint
- Platinum Family
The coverage for each plan is detailed below:
|CPP Benefits/Features||Classic Single||Premium Joint||Platinum Family|
|Price, including taxes||1,599||1,999||2,499|
|Number of people covered under the membership||Primary (1 member)||Primary + Spouse (2 members)||Primary + Spouse + Parents (4 members)|
|Emergency Assistance Benefits|
|Emergency cash in India for each CPP membership||Rs.5,000||Rs.20,000||Rs.20,000|
|Emergency hotel bills abroad||Rs.80,000||Rs.1,20,000||Rs.1,60,000|
|Emergency hotel bills in India||Rs.40,000||Rs.60,000||Rs.80,000|
|Replacement travel ticket abroad||Rs.80,000||Rs.1,20,000||Rs.1,60,000|
|Replacement travel ticket in India||Rs.40,000||Rs.60,000||Rs.80,000|
|Card Loss Reporting Benefits|
|Single call to block lost cards||Yes, for all cards||Yes, for all cards||Yes, for all cards|
|Fraud protection before notification||Rs.1 lakh||Rs.2 lakh||Rs.3 lakh|
|Coverage||Fraud transactions such as card theft, counterfeiting, phishing, skimming, and PIN-based frauds.|
|Number of days from which coverage begins||15||15||15|
|Maximum limit for each card||No limit||No limit||No limit|
|IMEI and SIM registration service||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Reporting of lost phone/ SIM blocking||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|F-Secure Internet Security pack, single subscription for each membership||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Online member’s area||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Valuable documents and cards registration||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Key fobs/reminder stickers||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Free replacement service for PAN Card||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Opting for a Card Protection Plan is an ideal way to protect your credit and debit cards and other valuables documents from theft, fraud, and emergencies. The CPP membership runs for 1 year, and it is advisable to renew your membership on time, so that you can reap maximum benefits from the facility.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.