According to the Indian Motor Act, two wheeler insurance is compulsory in the country legally, as with any other automobile. Bikes and scooters being the most favored transportation means due to convenience, low maintenance and reasonable price has the maximum number of buyers. With the ever increasing number of accidents reported, it is essential to ensure that you hold a valid two wheeler insurance scheme every time you venture out on your scooter. Apart from coverage, insurance firms also provide cashless claims services, where you shall have your bike mended at a workshop recorded as one of the insurer’s network, meaning you do not have to shell out for the costs upfront.
There are two kinds of available.
- Third party insurance
Third party insurance protects only the other person (third party) who got involved in an accident against loss or damage caused by that accident including their legal and medical costs.
- Comprehensive insurance
Those having an all-inclusive two cover can avail the perks of cashless two wheeler insurance claims, providing cover to you, the bike as well as for the third party. It is also protected from loss or damages due to any mishap, robbery, and natural calamities, while you are covered for medical and legal expenditures.
More info on Cashless Claims:
At times, it will be difficult to get cashless reparation facility. Like for instance, if the workshop mentioned in your insurer’s network list is not available in your region, you have to pay at the garage and later get a refund from your insurance provider by submitting the bills. You can buy a two wheeler insurance online. There are competitive comparison websites, making it easier for you to pick one based on your needs. It is better to go for the maximum cover. Other things such as policy renewal, claiming, changing the address and many others can be done online too.
To make a two wheeler insurance cashless claim, you must adhere to the following steps:
- Jot down the registration number of the third party involved in the accident, if he/ she was also commuting by a vehicle.
- Take down the contact details of the witnesses, if any.
- Notify your insurance firm about the accident at the earliest and get help from the customer service staff on the workshop to be contacted.
- File an FIR at the nearest police station and get a duplicate copy of the report.
- Once your claim is recorded, the insurance firm staff will get in touch with you and request you to give in all the documents needed to take it forward.
- The official will get an approximation for the expense incurred for repairs and give his approval after the calculation.
Read More Related Guides
- How to Calculate Two Wheeler Insurance Premium
- How to Change Two Wheeler Insurance
- Safety Tips for Two Wheeler Driving
- How to Maintain Bike in Rainy Season
- How to Pick The Right Bike
- What is Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance?
- Ask Question While Buying a Used Bike
- What to Look for While Buying a Used Motorcycle
- What Documents are Required When Buying Used Bike
- Guide for Buying Used Motorcycle
- Why You Should Buy Two Wheeler Insurance
- Benefits of Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal
- Top 5 Two Wheeler Insurance Company in India 2018
- Interesting Facts About Bike Safety
- Tips For Buying Used Bike Out of State
- Iffco Tokio Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Process
- Two Wheeler Insurance for 3 Years
- A Beginners Guide to Two Wheeler Insurance
- How to Renew Lapsed Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Online
- Declaration Value of Your Two Wheeler
- Is Bike Insurance Mandatory in India
- How to Transfer Two Wheeler Insurance
- Dos & Donts of Bike Riding
- How to Save Petrol When Riding a Bike
- Tips to Reduce Bike Insurance Premiums
- Importance of Two Wheeler Insurance