Ride more with less fuel
Proper bike maintenance is something you must do anyway. Not only is it instrumental in keeping you (and others) safe on the road, but it can also bump down your monthly petrol bills.
Follow the below recommendations and kick start a splendid ride on the road.
DO'S of saving petrol:
- Driving at a steady speed is the tried and true way to save on fuel. Increasing and dropping the speed suddenly puts more pressure on the engine and the tank is empty in no time.
- Keeping up the right tyre pressure and adjusting drive chain tension the right way are important. Riding zig zag at top speed upset these factors and use up more fuel.
- See that your engine is always tuned and serviced frequently by a company authorized garage.
- Always maintain low emission levels.
DONT'S of fuel consumption:
- Do not keep the clutch lever hard-pressed when you are riding.
- Do not run the engine in low gear for prolonged time.
- Do not park your bike or two wheeler under direct sunlight as it leads to fuel vaporization.
- Do not keep brake pedal pressed when on the move.
- Do not increase the engine rpm through traffic stops. Turn down the engine if you have to wait more than 30 secs.
- Do not cover firth of air filter assemblage.
- Do not cover the engine in the front and sides as it can limit the air flow to the engine fins needed for air cooling. And high temperature leads to additional fuel usage.
Few Important tips to maintain low emission levels:
- Keep your spark plug clean and preserve stated space between electrodes.
- Always see that the air filter is clean.
- Keep the carburetor regulated at any company approved workshop.
- Do not fill engine oil more than necessary and stick to the replacement schedule.
- Never use adulterated petrol.
- You should get the emission level certified once every 3 months at any of the authorized emission checking centers.
Read More Related Guides
- How to Calculate Two Wheeler Insurance Premium
- How to Change Two Wheeler Insurance
- How to Cancel Two Wheeler Insurance
- Safety Tips for Two Wheeler Driving
- How to Maintain Bike in Rainy Season
- How to Pick The Right Bike
- What is Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance?
- Ask Question While Buying a Used Bike
- What to Look for While Buying a Used Motorcycle
- What Documents are Required When Buying Used Bike
- Guide for Buying Used Motorcycle
- Why You Should Buy Two Wheeler Insurance
- Benefits of Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal
- Top 5 Two Wheeler Insurance Company in India 2015
- Interesting Facts About Bike Safety
- Tips For Buying Used Bike Out of State
- Iffco Tokio Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Process
- How to Renew Lapsed Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Online?
- Declaration Value of Your Two Wheeler
- How to Transfer Two Wheeler Insurance
- Dos & Don’ts of Bike Riding
- Is Bike Insurance Mandatory in India?