Two wheeler riding gives you a rush like no other. Delicately balanced on two wheels, you need a certain amount of skill, practice and also adhere to safety precautions. It may sound boring sermon, but if the unthinkable happens (demise or incapacitation due to accident), the guilt is not something one can live down.
Please check out the basic and universal dos and don’ts of bike and two wheeler riding listed below.
Dos for Bike Riders:
- Helmet: It is ironical that people hesitate to invest a good three grand in a good quality helmet after spending a whopping sum on the bike, its registration, taxes and insurance. Remember, helmet’s purpose is to protect your from grave head injury, not something to escape the traffic police. Hence instead of picking any helmet from a random place, always go for a good quality one. See if it fits properly.
- Check if your bike/ two wheeler insurance papers are in order: Buying a vehicle insurance with a third party cover is mandatory in India. It will take care of medical and legal expenses related to third party injury and property damage.
- Check if the bike is in perfect order before kick starting: Always check the inflation of both front and rear tires, front and back lights, indicators and brakes.
Don’ts of Bike Riding:
- Do not leave your bike papers at home.
- Do not rash ride and keep to the speed limit.
- Do not overtake suddenly from dark corners of a vehicle or from the left side
- Do not sudden brake and stick to speed which you are comfortable with.
- Do not give pillion rides to more than one person.
- Do not use mobile phone while riding and yes, this includes jamming in the phone between your helmet and ear.
- Do not over speed over potholes. This is not only downright dangerous but also bad for your vehicle.
Read More Related Guides
- How to Calculate Two Wheeler Insurance Premium
- How to Change Two Wheeler Insurance
- How to Cancel Two Wheeler Insurance
- Safety Tips for Two Wheeler Driving
- How to Maintain Bike in Rainy Season
- How to Pick The Right Bike
- What is Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance?
- Ask Question While Buying a Used Bike
- What to Look for While Buying a Used Motorcycle
- What Documents are Required When Buying Used Bike
- Guide for Buying Used Motorcycle
- Why You Should Buy Two Wheeler Insurance
- Benefits of Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal
- Top 5 Two Wheeler Insurance Company in India 2018
- Interesting Facts About Bike Safety
- Tips For Buying Used Bike Out of State
- Iffco Tokio Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Process
- How to Renew Lapsed Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Online?
- Is Bike Insurance Mandatory in India?
- Declaration Value of Your Two Wheeler
- How to Save Petrol When Riding a Bike
- How to Transfer Two Wheeler Insurance