Id-e-Milad is a precious festival for Muslims, who celebrate the birthday of Prophet Muhammad. It is also known as Muhammad's Birthday, Nabi Day or Mawlid. In India, it is a gazetted holiday. The Muslims all over the world celebrate this festival with great joy.
|Date||Festival Name||Type of Holiday|
|29 October 2020||Id-e-Milad/Mawlid||Gazetted Holiday|
List of Monthly Holidays 2020
Id-e-Milad is one of the much-awaited Muslim festivals. This festival brings happiness to the Muslim community. The Muslims throughout the globe pay homage to Prophet Muhammad. On the festival day, they will wear the new clothes and will visit the nearest mosques to submit special prayers. Prophet Muhammad was born in Mecca, a city in Arabia. His teachings are believed to have been very valuable to the community. Muslims will organise meetings to recall and discuss the great teachings of Prophet Muhammad.
How Is The Festival Celebrated?
- Muslims clean their houses and streets. They also clean the mosques in their cities.
- They will either visit the mosques around them or visit the common praying area in their cities.
- Processions will be taken out by people who also shout praises about Prophet Muhammad.
- Muslims will make their children attend the meetings wherein the teachings of Prophet Muhammad are discussed. Children keenly participate in all types of events organised on the occasion of Id-e-Milad.
- Men prefer wearing Jubbhas while women prefer wearing Abayas. It is to show the complete devotion.
- Muslims will sing in public places. Maulud is a popular song, which is sung by many Muslims to mark the festival. As per the culture of Islam, singing this song on the festival day carries good fortune.
- Lectures: Lectures are conducted by religious speakers to spread the message of Prophet Muhammad.
- Arts: The deeds and life of Prophet Muhammad shall be honored by writing essays and poems. The paintings, which are suitable for the festival of Id-e-Milad, are created by artists.
- Friends, families and relatives will share sweets among themselves. The commonly distributed sweet is honey.
List of Trading Holidays 2020
Best Places To Visit During Id-e-Milad in 2020
India has a list of beautiful destinations that are extremely special for the festival of Id-e-Milad. The rich can travel abroad to celebrate the festival. If you are staying near the city of Delhi, consider visiting this city to experience the real celebration of Id-e-Milad. The people, who are residing in the city of Mumbai, have several destinations to visit during the festival of Id-e-Milad. If you are in search of the best destinations in Mumbai to celebrate Id-e-Milad 2020, you may visit the following destinations:
- Haj House: It is a place where the meeting is held to discuss the birthday celebration of Prophet Muhammad.
- Mohammed Ali Road: Mohammed Ali Road is very famous for shopping.
- Minara Masjid: This masjid is fully decorated for this great festival. The people will visit this masjid in a big number.
- Central Mumbai: One can watch big rallies stirring from one road to another. The people from all parts of the city will visit this place.
Holiday Destinations In India