Eid Al-Fitr or Eid ul-Fitr or Id-UI-Fitr denotes the end of Ramadan, which is a holy month for Muslims. Fasting is observed throughout the month. The Islam community believes that God has commanded them to observe fasting. The festival date changes from region to region but usually falls on the first day of Shawwal.
|Date||Day||Name of Festival|
|13 May 2021||Thursday||Eid al-Fitr|
Trending Holidays in May 2021
The sunset of the earlier day determines the beginning of a holiday in the Islamic calendar, which is a lunar calendar. The Gregorian calendar is a solar calendar. So, the date of the festival shall fluctuate. According to the Islamic calendar, the date of the festival shall always be on the same day. Eid al-Fitr is celebrated globally, but the celebration date shall vary depending upon whether or not the moon has been seen. The festival dates are offered based on astronomical assessments.
Common Rituals of Eid al-Fitr 2021
- Giving food and money to the poor
- Demonstrating happiness
- Participating in the common pray
- Wearing new dresses
- Having breakfast prior to the morning prayer
List of Monthly Holidays 2021
Tentative Dates of Eid al-Fitr 2022-2028
The following table outlines the dates for celebrating Eid al-Fitr for the next ten years:
|Year||Date||Day||Name of Festival|
|2022||3 May||Thursday||Eid al-Fitr|
|2023||22 April||Saturday||Eid al-Fitr|
|2024||10 April||Wednesday||Eid al-Fitr|
|2025||31 March||Monday||Eid al-Fitr|
|2026||20 March||Friday||Eid al-Fitr|
|2027||10 March||Wednesday||Eid al-Fitr|
|2028||27 February||Sunday||Eid al-Fitr|
How is Eid al-Fitr Celebrated?
Eid al-Fitr is a popular Islamic festival, which is celebrated across the world. The Muslim community gathers at masjids to pray. After the common prayer, the community interchanges the festival greetings and gifts. The festival is celebrated for 2-3 days. Various festivities such as communal meals and events for kids shall be organised by Muslim communities on the festival day.
Top Five Indian Destinations To Celebrate Eid al-Fitr 2021
The verbatim meaning of Eid is festival of breaking the fast. The entire country celebrates the festival with great zeal and enthusiasm. The following are the top five destinations that can be visited to celebrate Eid al-Fitr 2021.
- Hazratbal, Srinagar: A massive number people submit prayers at Hazratbal that houses the holy relic of Prophet Muhammad. It is the right destination to submit prayers sited on the banks of Dal Lake. The city of Srinagar wears a festive look on the eve of the festival. The streets of the city are filled with people shopping for this beautiful festival.
- Mecca Masjid, Hyderabad: Macca Masjid is also known as Makkah Masjid. It is one of the largest custom buildings of the old city of Hyderabad, the capital city of Andhra Pradesh. More than 10,000 devotees can be accommodated in the building in just one go. During the festival of Eid al-Fitr, the masjid becomes a prime center of activity and prayers. Devotees across the city and the nation gather at this place to exchange gifts and greetings.
- Taj Mahal Mosque, Agra: Taj Mahal attracts a massive number of worshippers on the eve of Eid al-Fitr every year. Thousands of Muslims assemble in front of the red sandstone mosque and submit prayers. The entry to Taj Mahal is free for the complete day. It is the best day to experience the heritage of the Islamic culture. If you are looking for a better place to spend Eid al-Fitr holiday 2021, consider this place.
- Masjid-E-Khadria, Bangalore: Masjid-E-Kadria is an amazing mosque sited in Bangalore, the capital city of Karnataka. This holy place is situated inside Quddus Saheb Eidgah. People gather at this place to submit prayers during this festival every year.
- Haji Ali, Mumbai: Haji Ali is the best epitome of the Islamic architecture. The people from all religions visit this place to offer prayers on the festival day. Some visit this place for their spiritual faith.
List of Trading Holidays 2021