Easter is a prime Christian festival, which is celebrated to honor the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The festival’s date is not constant. Easter is celebrated on the first Sunday of a full moon day after 21 March. In 2020, the Easter holiday is on 12 April. Easter is a holy festival celebrated by churches across the world. An important feature of the festival is an egg, which is an epitome of the rebirth of the Christian community. So, nicely decorated eggs have become essential for Easter.
Easter Holidays 2019
In 2020, the Easter holiday is on 12 April
Easter Holidays for Year 2020
|2020||10 April||Friday||Good Friday||National except for Haryana and Jammu Kashmir|
|11 April||Saturday||Easter Saturday||Nagaland|
|12 April||Sunday||Easter Sunday||Across India|
How Is Easter celebrated?
Easter is celebrated by many people across the world with special church services, candlelight, music, the ringing of church bells and flowers. It is viewed as the greatest feast of the church year by Christians. As per Christian belief, Easter is a day of happiness. The symbols of the festival include Easter eggs and Easter Bunny.
Best Destinations In India Io Spend Easter holidays 2020
- Vizag: The rebirth of Lord Jesus is celebrated in Vizag, a port city. This festival is widely celebrated by the community of Anglo-Indian. The notable points of the city include Soldierpet and Gyanapuram.
- Kochi: Kochi has various churches, which organise services to respect the Jesus Christ’s rebirth. In the city, restaurants will offer special Easter Sunday meals whereas shop will offer Easter bunnies and goodies.
- Mumbai: The city of Mumbai is another renowned place to celebrate the festival of Easter and it attracts devotees across the nation. All churches organise prayers.
- Aizwal: The capital city of Mizoram, Aizwal, has a good number of Christians who organise prayers on the day.
- Goa: Goa has a good Christianity culture and it has several churches. In the paradise of beach, Easter is a major deal.
List of Monthly Holidays