Families or individuals who are settled in cities or towns only for a short while majorly rely on private LPG distributors. There are many reasons for this. One may not know how long he/ she is going to be in the town. They may already have a connection back in their hometown and do not want to go through the burdensome experience of transferring connection every time they town-hop. Students from other states too cannot apply for their own gas connections.
Though private gas distributors charge almost double for each cylinders, the procedure of getting a gas connection itself is not as harrowing. Apart from the disadvantage of private liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) suppliers enjoying unlimited liberty in setting the retail price, it is all hunky-dory.
Private LPG distributors promise and live the promise of instant gas connection, totally reimbursing your deposit, prompt delivery, extensive network of franchisees along with absolute guarantee of safety. Compared to government suppliers they are more customer-friendly for obvious reasons.
How to Get a Private Gas Connection:
You can get a list of reputed private gas providers in your locality online. Compare prices and services online and pick one. You only have to give them a single call and the agent will come to your home and fix the connection. You do not have to go through intense documentation like submitting Aadhaar copy and suchlike. All you need to do is submit an ID proof and a residence proof and pay the deposit. There are no rules stating that you can refill only as many times. Complaints of cylinders running out of stock is quite rare for them.
Major Private Gas Suppliers:
Benefits of Private Gas Connection:
- Immediate Gas connection is the benefit that sticks out a mile:
- Availing an LPG gas connection with any private supplier is quite a simple and convenient process with almost zero documentation.
- You only have to give a copy of one of your national identity cards and residence proof copy.
- Most private distributors deliver connection in less than a day.
- The security money and other deposit (if any) will be reimbursed to you completely.
- To refill, you do not need to book days in advance. One call and the cylinder will be delivered in less than 2 days.
- There will be no compromise on Quality or Quantity as they have to meet stringent government strictures regarding those.
- In case of any complaint, contact customer service care and your grievance will be looked into immediately.
News about Private LPG Gas Connection
Govt Examining Viability of Extending LPG Subsidy to Private Providers
The Union Government is examining whether the LPG subsidy, which has so far been granted to Public Sector Units (PSU) like Indian Oil and Bharat Petroleum, can also be extended to private companies like Reliance Industries.
Given the rising demand for LPG, the company has stated that extending the subsidy to it would result in lessening the burden of supply on PSU’s. Since only LPG from the three state-run companies is eligible for subsidy, there are few takers for a private company’s gas cylinders.
By extending the subsidy, however, the government will be able to meet the demand for LPG and address the problem of shortages.
Another reason that could work in Reliance’s favour is that the PSU’s are recovering the full price of the cylinders from the consumers and then deserving consumers are getting the subsidy amount directly into their bank accounts. This system could be adapted for Reliance consumers as well, and ensure that only those eligible for the subsidy receive it.
8th July 2016