Life without LPG cylinders is hard to imagine, for we all depend on them for cooked food. A typical family of 4 would consume around 1 cylinder per month, with this cylinder accounting for a specific portion of their budget. Given the rising cost of fuel, subsidies on LPG can be a boon for families. Under the Direct Benefit Transfer for LPG Scheme or PAHAL, the subsidy on LPG will be paid to consumers, with the Aadhar card forming a key link in this process. Individuals who wish to avail of this service can link their Aadhar card with their ICICI Bank Account, with the subsidy directly transferred to the account each time they book a cylinder.
Process to Link Aadhar Card with ICICI Bank Account for LPG Subsidy
Individuals who wish to receive the LPG subsidy in their ICICI account can choose to link their Aadhar card to the account for the same. Linking can be done in two ways: Online and Offline, with both of them elaborated below:
Online Linking of Aadhar with ICICI Bank Account
Individuals who wish to link their Aadhar card to their ICICI account through the internet can do so by following these steps:
- Login to your ICICI Bank internet banking account.
- Navigate to the tab “Service Requests” which is on the left side of the page.
- On clicking the service requests tab, you will be directed to a page which indicates a number of services which are offered by ICICI.
- Click on the tab which mentions linking the Aadhar card with your ICICI bank account.
- Once here, enter the Account number with which you wish to link your card.
- Enter your Aadhar card number, mobile number, and your email id and submit the information.
- The card will be linked to the account post this.
Offline Linking of Aadhar with ICICI Bank Account
Individuals who do not have access to internet banking can choose to link their Aadhar card to their ICICI bank account through an offline mode as well, by following these simple steps:
- Visit your nearest ICICI Bank branch.
- Fill the “Stay Connected” form which is available in all branches.
- Submit the form. A copy of the Aadhar card will also be needed along with the form.
- The bank might ask for the original Aadhar card to be produced to process the linking.
Additionally, individuals who are opening a new ICICI account can link their Aadhar card directly at the time of opening said account. This can be done by providing the Aadhar details along with the account opening form.
Linking Aadhar Card with ICICI Account through Mobile Banking to Receive LPG Subsidy
Individuals can also use their mobile phones to link their Aadhar card to their account. This can be done by choosing the relevant tab in the app and entering the Aadhar number and contact details.