Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) is a state-owned natural gas and oil company. Since 1979, HPCL started marketing of LPG under the brand name “HP Gas”. As of April 2011, HP Gas had more than 33 million customers who used their domestic gas connection spread across a network of 2,630 distributors. As it is a state-owned enterprise, HP Gas has strict safety measures that are put in place throughout the manufacturing, bottling, and transporting process of domestic gas. It is undoubtedly one of the best domestic gas providers in the country.
Popular HP Gas Agencies in Some of the Top Cities of India
|Name of the city||Names of HP Gas Agencies||Address of the distributor||Contact number|
|Bangalore||Abhishek Gas Agencies||# 1617, 1st Main, 1st Phase, 5th Stage, Rajarajeshwari Nagar.||28606299|
|Danish Enterprises||142/2, Hennur Bande,, Byraveshwara Layout Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore, Bangalore Central, Karnataka||65687017|
|Ideal Enterprises||# 375, Ground Floor, 1st A Cross, 7th Block, Koramangala,, Bangalore, Bangalore Central, Karnataka||25532319|
|Mumbai||Anand Gas Service||Near Raj House, Ground Floor, 2nd Cross Lane, N M Joshi Marg, Byculla, Mum-Churchgate Colaba, Maharashtra-Excl Mum/Thane/Nmu||Not available|
|Adarsh Gas Agency||State Reserve Police, Group VIII, Goregaon (E), Mumbai Suburban, Maharashtra-Excl Mum/Thane/NMu||Not Available|
|Juhu Gas Service||Basant Bahar Bldg, Shop No 3, Juhu Tara Road, Mumbai Suburban, Maharashtra-Excl Mum/Thane/NMu||Not Available|
|Hyderabad||Aditya HP Gas Enterprise||H-NO-8-3-166/7/2/A, Erragadda, Hyderabad-Lakdi Ka Pul, Telangana||23707275|
|Gopal Rao Enterprises||Shop No 3&4 Sonika Shop Complex, Santosh Nagar X Road, Saidabad, Hyderabad-Lakdi Ka Pul, Telangana||24530501|
|Maruti Gas Agency||1-27-13, Ground floor Shop No.1, Opp., Ashoka Garden, Bapuji Nagar Main Road, Bowenpally, Secunderabad, Telangana||Not available|
|Central Delhi||Balaji Gas Agency||49-B (Ground Floor), R-Block, Near Police Station, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi||25873271|
|Gujarat Gas House||Shop No. - 34 D - Block, Kamla Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi||Not available|
|Shakti Traders||LPG Dealers, 82 Joshi Road, New Delhi, Delhi||Not available|
|Pune||Aadarsh HP Gas Agency||Gat No. 14, Warulwadi, Narayangaon, Tal: Junnar, Narayangaon, Maharashtra-Excl Mum/Thane/NMu||Not available|
|Ashirwad Gas Agency||687, OPP. Century Enka Colony, NO.2, Bhosari Gaon, District Pune, Chinchwad, Maharashtra-Excl Mum/Thane/Nmu||65114749|
|C K Lunawat||P.B.NO.1 Rajgurunagar, Dist Pune (MAH), Khed Rajgurunagar, Maharashtra-Excl Mum/Thane/NMu||Not available|
How to Get a New Connection From Your Nearby HP Gas Agency?
HP Gas has a wide network of distributors. You may find many authorised HP Gas distributors in your area. There are two ways to register for a new HP Gas connection in your area. You can visit the nearest HP Gas authorised dealer office and register yourself, or you can do it online of the official HP Gas website.
- Please visit the nearby HP Gas distributor office in your area.
- You will be asked to fill a form to register yourself as a new customer.
- Please carry the necessary supporting documents like a valid address proof, photographs, and identity proof.
- Please note that that the distributor may visit your residence for an inspection of the gas stove you use once you submit the application with the supporting documents and pay the prescribed fees.
- Upon successful verification, you will be issued the domestic gas cylinders.
- Please visit http://www.myhpgas.in/myHPGas/NewConsumerRegistration.aspx
- Please keep your address proof and identity proof ready before starting the registration process
- You can find your distributor either by entering the distributor’s name or the location you reside in.
- If you know the name of the HP Gas distributor, you can select “Name Wise” option and enter the full name of the distributor in the space provided and click on the “Search” option.
- If you do not know the name of the distributor, you can choose “Location Wise” option and choose your state, district, and distributor from the drop-down and click on the “Next” button to proceed.
- Once you have selected the distributor, the information of the distributor will be displayed on the screen. Please check the information and click on the “Next” option to proceed with the registration process.
- You will be asked to give your consent to HPCL to obtain your Aadhaar number from UIDAI for eKYC purposes.
- Fill in the online form accurately. You will be asked to enter details like your full name, your date of birth, your bank account details, and your identity proof details. Once you have entered all the information, please click on the “Submit” option.
- Upon successful verification, you will be issued a new HP Gas connection.
Documents Required to Register for a New Connection in an HP Gas Agency
- Recent passport size photographs
- Duly-filled application form
- Valid proof of identity
- Address proof
- Receipt of fees paid
List of Proof of Address You Can Submit
- Ration card
- Electricity bill
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank passbook with photograph
- LIC policy
- Last three months landline number
List of Identity Proof Document You Can Submit
- PAN card
- Bank passbook with photograph
- Driving licence
- Voter ID Card
- Driving licence
- Aadhaar letter
How to Become an HP LPG Gas Distributor
If you are not a customer but want to be an authorized HP LPG Gas distributor, you can apply when HP Gas releases an open advertisement in the newspapers. When there is a requirement, HP Gas will release a press advertisement stating the locations where the company wants to set up HP Gas Agencies. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can go ahead and submit an application.
Once you submit the application, the selection process will start. After successful scrutinisation of the applications, interviews will be conducted and the right candidate will be selected. To see the current list of HP Gas open advertisements, please visit the official HP Gas website.
HP Gas LPG Distributor Selection Guidelines
On the official HP Gas website, one can download a PDF file which clearly explains the guidelines for selection of LPG distributors. There are certain eligibility criteria that a distributor has to meet to be an authorized HP Gas provider. Some of them are:
- The selected applicant should be capable of providing a readily constructed godown that will be used to store LPG cylinders and get all necessary approvals from Petroleum & Safety Organization (PESO) and other authorities within the specified time.
- The applicant should either be an Indian citizen or a resident of India.
- The minimum education qualification required to apply to be an HP Gas distributor is Xth standard or equivalent. However, this is not applicable for applicants who fall under the Freedom Fighter category.
- The applicant should be at least 21 years and below 60 years as on the date of publication of the advertisement. Again, this is not applicable for applicants who fall under the Freedom Fighter category.
- As on the date of application, the applicant should not be a family member of an employee who works in Oil Marketing Companies.
- The applicant should be mentally and physically sound to run the business.
- The applicant should not be convicted or charged with any criminal offence by any Court of Law. This includes moral turpitude and economic offences.
Please visit the official HP Gas website to view the complete HP Gas LPG distributor selection guidelines.
How to Choose the Right HP Gas Distributor?
If you are a customer looking for a new HP Gas distributor in your area and are unable to choose from the many agencies, consider the following points.
- The reputation of the distributor: Always choose a distributor who has gained a good reputation in the place you reside in. A distributor who is not known for malpractices and always delivers on time.
- Proximity: Choose a good HP Gas distributor who is close to your house. Though you can book your refills online and it will be delivered to you at your doorstep, having your gas provider nearby doesn’t hurt. In case of any technical issues, you can visit the distributor’s office and resolve it.
HP Gas Customer Care Number
HP Gas has many customer care numbers people can use to enquire or file complaints.
Corporate HQ customer care number - 1800-2333-555 / 022 22863900.
Marketing HQ customer care number- 022 22637000.
HP Gas emergency helpline number - 1906
HP public grievance redressal system- 022 22872533 / 022 22863328
HP Gas State-Wise Customer Contact Numbers
|Andhra Pradesh||96660 23456|
|Delhi (NCR)||99909 23456|
|Himachal Pradesh||98820 23456|
|Maharashtra and Goa||88888 23456|
|Tamil Nadu||90922 23456|
|Uttar Pradesh||98896 23456|
|Uttar Pradesh (W)||81919 23456|
|West Bengal||90888 23456|
How to Lodge a Complaint on Your HP Gas LPG Distributor?
If you are unhappy about the services offered by your HP Gas distributor or have complaints that need to be addressed, you can use the feedback form available on the official HP Gas website to lodge a complaint. The steps to be followed are
- Please visit https://myhpgas.in/myHPGas/Index.aspx
- Choose the “Give Feedback” option on the homepage
- Answer if you are an existing HP Gas consumer or not
- Enter your LPG ID if you are an existing customer to lodge a complaint. You can also use other personal details to proceed such as the name of the state, distributor, district, and your consumer number.
- Type the feedback in the space provided, enter the captcha, and click on the “Submit” option.
- If you are not an existing HP Gas customer, you can still file a complaint by entering your mobile number and Email ID.
If you do not find the information you were looking for, please visit the official HP Gas website.