RuPay Secure is an online payment service powered by NPCI and offered by South Indian Bank to RuPay cardholders. All RuPay debit cards issued by South Indian Bank can be used for e-commerce transaction without registration. In this method you do not have to remember any password, image or phrase to initiate transactions. It is a simplified and highly secured method of payment.
Making e-commerce transactions
The below mentioned points explain how to transact online with South Indian Bank RuPay debit cards:
- Enter the credentials of your RuPay card while checking out of the merchant website.
- You will be redirected to a RuPay PaySecure system where you will be required to enter the One Time Password (OTP). You can choose to receive this either via email or as an SMS on your registered mobile number.
- Click on the submit button after entering the 6-digit OTP received at any medium chosen by you.
- RuPay PaySecure system verifies your OTP and approves the transaction.
Things to remember while using RuPay PaySecure
- Keep your OTP information confidential by not revealing it to anyone.
- Make sure that the devices you use to transact with RuPay PaySecure is protected from unauthorized access.
- If you do not receive the OTP during first time, click on the ‘Resend OTP’ button to receive OTP again. The ‘Resend OTP’ option cannot be used more than 3 times.
- If you enter the incorrect OTP three consecutive times, your RuPay card will be blocked. To use your card for further transactions, you will have to contact the SIB branch or customer care.
South Indian Bank RuPay Secure FAQs
- What is RuPay PaySecure?
RuPay PaySecure is an online payment service which allows you to make transactions using your SIB RuPay card in a safe and secure manner.
- What should I do if my RuPay card is lost?
You should report the matter immediately to the concerned SIB branch and apply for a new card and PIN.
- What is Card Validation Data?
Card Validation Data (CVD) is a three digit number printed on the back of your RuPay debit card. You will need CVD while transacting online.
- For what duration will the OTP be valid?
The OTP is valid for 30 minutes.
- What to do if I receive an error message after entering OTP?
Contact the South Indian Bank branch immediately by sending an email or dialing the toll free number.