For customers that wish to jump the queue and make fast payments, Kotak Mahindra Bank’s new feature Scan & Pay is just for them. Just by having the Kotak Mahindra Bank app, customers can scan the QR code of the merchant establishment and make payment for the bill through their mobile phones. Customers can choose the either their credit card or debit cards to make payments, and can pay bills at merchant establishments.
Features and Benefits of Kotak Mahindra Bank Scan & Pay
- Customers can make payments through the Kotak Mahindra Bank app.
- Customers can make quick payments for utility bills or either at merchant establishments.
- Customers can link either their debit card or credit card to the Kotak Mahindra Bank app to make the payments.
- All that is required to make the payments is the QR code of the merchant establishment or the utility bill.
- No extra charges for the Kotak Mahindra Bank Scan & Pay.
- Customers can pay utility bills, make DTH top-ups and so on.
Steps to make Payments through Kotak Mahindra Bank Scan & Pay
- Customers have to first locate the Bharat QR code or the Visa Logo at the merchant establishment or on the utility bill. For utility bills, the QR code will be displayed on the portal.
- Next, the customer has to log on to the Kotak Mahindra Bank app through their 6-digit mPIN.
- To initiate the payment, the customer has to click on the Kotak Mahindra Bank Scan & Pay icon.
- Next, scan the QR code.
- To finalise the payment, on the app select either your credit or debit card to make the payment.
- Once the card details have been entered, click on “confirm payment”.
- As soon as the payment has been made, the bank will send you an invoice of the transaction details. Keep this safe just in case.
Merchant establishments that currently support Kotak Mahindra Bank Scan & Pay
Listed below are some of the merchant establishments customers can use the Kotak Mahindra Bank Scan & Pay to make bill payments.
- Pizza Hut
- ACT Broadband
- IDEA Cellular
- Reliance Energy
Kotak Mahindra Bank Scan & Pay FAQs
1. Will I be required to use my ATM PIN to finalise a payment using Kotak Mahindra Bank Scan & Pay?
No, you will be required to use your mPIN when logging on to the Kotak Mahindra Bank app.
2. What is the transaction limit for the Kotak Mahindra Bank Scan & Pay?
Customers can make transactions up to Rs.50,000 a day using the Kotak Mahindra Bank Scan & Pay.
3. Can I choose between my credit or debit card for every transaction or should I use only one card for all transactions?
For every transaction you will be given the choice to make the payment from either your debit card or credit card.
4. Can I use the Kotak Mahindra Bank Scan & Pay online?
Yes you can use the Kotak Mahindra Bank Scan & Pay provided the QR code is displayed on the page of the merchant establishment you are making the payment.
5. Is there a separate registration for the Kotak Mahindra Bank Scan & Pay?
No there is no separate registration. All you need to do is download the Kotak Mahindra Bank app to carry out the Kotak Mahindra Bank Scan & Pay.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.