RuPay PaySecure is a payment service offered by Indian Overseas Bank in association with NPCI to secure the online transactions of its customers. The service is available only on merchant platforms that are subscribed to RuPay PaySecure. RuPay PaySecure confirms your identity using a three-factor authentication process while you make online transactions. It uses a combination of your PIN and image to safeguard your payments.
Registration for RuPay PaySecure
To make online transactions, you must first register for the RuPay PaySecure service. The registration is a four-step process where you have to accept the terms and conditions, enter your card details, verify the OTP, and finally choose your image and phrase. When making online payments, you will be asked to confirm the image and the phrase that you chose while registering for the service. Your transaction will be declined if you fail to select the right image and phrase combination. Your RuPay PaySecure registration will be finished only if you successfully complete the entire online transaction for the first time.
If you have exceeded the number of attempts to select the image while making transactions, the card will be automatically blocked for that particular day and unblocked the very next day. But if you fail to select the right image and phrase in your next transaction, the card will be blocked permanently, in which case you will have to re-register for the service.
Guidelines for Customers
Give below are 7 key things that every customer using the RuPay PaySecure service should keep in mind:
- You should not share your password and other critical information with anyone else.
- You should maintain the confidentiality of your authentication image and phrase.
- Never reveal your OTP to a third party.
- Make sure that the passwords and images selected are difficult to guess and are unrelated to your personal information.
- Customers should never note down their password or other access information anywhere. It is advisable that the passwords and images be memorized.
- Take necessary provisions to safeguard your computer or mobile device using the RuPay PaySecure service from any unauthorized access.
- Any attempt by the customer to impersonate or carry out a fake transaction may result in termination of the service.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.