IDBI Bank has launched a new Gold Debit Card which is meant to cater to the needs of IDBI’s customers. The Gold Debit Card comes with a number of features and benefits that can be availed by an IDBI customer. The Gold Debit Card makes daily transactions easier by giving you easy access to your money at various Point of Sale (POS).
Features of IDBI Gold Debit Card:
- Zero liability with this card
- The card can be used for making online purchases
- The card can be used for paying for groceries, utility bills, etc.
- Easy access to ATMs all over India
- The Gold Debit Card can also be used at ATMs outside India
- Reap benefits from loyalty points
- Enjoy high transactions limits on a daily basis
How do I apply for an IDBI Gold Debit Card?
Any individual can gain access to an IDBI Gold Debit Card. All you have to do is open a Savings/Current account with IDBI and once this is done, you will receive your Gold Debit-cum-ATM Card.
In case an individual already has an account with IDBI Bank, all they have to do is pick up the Channel registration form, fill in all the required details that is required, and then submit the form at the nearest IDBI Bank.
You will need to submit any or all of the following documents when you want to open an account with IDBI Bank:
- PAN Card with photograph
- Voter ID
- Driving Licence
- Aadhaar Card
- Any document which has your photo on it and which has been attested by the Central/State government or any of its departments
- Passport will be required for NRIs
You will also be required to submit any of the following documents for Proof of Address (POA):
- Voter ID
- Driving Licence
- Ration Card
- Any utility bill like electricity, telephone (landline), and water (should not be more than 3 months old)
- Any document with your photo on it which has been issued by the Central/State government or any of its departments
- Insurance Copy
**Please go to the nearest IDBI Bank branch to find out if you can submit any other document for verification or address proof if you do not possess any of the above mentioned documents.
Benefits of using an IDBI Bank Gold Debit Card:
- Easy access to large number of ATMs: The Gold Debit Card comes in both MasterCard and Visa. This ensures that you have access to a number of ATMs around the country. There are over 1,600 ATMs that are available for all ATM transactions. IDBI also has a shared network with ATMs of other banks which number over 1 lakh. There are over 18 lakh shared network ATMs around the world that can be used by a Gold Debit Cardholder.
- Merchant locations: This debit card can be used at over 5.50 lakh merchant locations to make numerous purchases. Shopping for groceries, clothes, vehicles, etc.
- Online transactions: Gold Debit card comes with luxury of conducting online transactions and shopping online for various goods. With the recent move of demonetisation left a lot of people cashless. With a Gold Debit Card, you can make all your purchases online. This can range from booking movie tickets, travel tickets, ordering goods online, etc.
- International usage: The Gold Debit Card is a handy tool to keep if you plan on going abroad. The debit card can be used to withdraw cash and also make purchases at a number of different Point of Sales (POS) outlets.
- Petrol surcharge: The cardholder will have any petrol surcharge that would be imposed on them at petrol bunks for transactions with a value ranging from Rs.400 to Rs.2,000.
- Daily transaction limits: Gold Debit Cardholders can now withdraw cash from ATMs up to Rs.75,000 and make purchases at merchant locations to the tune of Rs.75,000.
- Insurance coverage: A Gold Debit Cardholder is covered when it comes to insurance. A cardholder will be insured to the tune of Rs.2 lakhs in case of a lost or counterfeit card. Apart from this, the cardholder will be covered to the tune of Rs.5 lakh in case the cardholder meets with an accident. If the cardholder misplaces their luggage, the cardholder is insured for this occasion to the tune of Rs.50,000. The cardholder is insured to the tune of Rs.20,000 for purchase protection. The cardholder is also insured for Rs.50,000 in case of a fire or burglary of household items.
- SMS tracking: The cardholder will receive an instant SMS alert whenever a transaction is made using the Gold Debit Card.
- Discounts at merchant locations: IDBI Bank ties-up with a number of merchants around the country. A Gold Debit Cardholder can avail discounts at these merchant locations by using their Gold Debit Card to make a transaction at these designated locations.
- Loyalty Points: Cardholders will be rewarded one loyalty point for every Rs.100 that is spent using IDBI’s Gold Debit Card. You can redeem loyalty points for either cash or gift cards that you can use to pick up a product of your preference.
Loyalty points rewarded depend on the type of debit card being used.
|Debit Card||Points earned for every Rs.100 spent|
|Classic, Women’s & Gold Debit Card||1|
|Platinum Debit Card||2|
|Being Me Debit Card||2|
|Signature Debit Card||3|
IDBI Bank Gold Debit Card FAQs:
- What is a PIN?
A PIN is a unique 4-digit personal identification number that is used to approve a transaction. The PIN for a credit/debit card is issued by the bank in a tamper-free envelope. If this envelope has any signs of tampering, please inform the bank immediately.
- I want to change my PIN. How do I go about doing so?
You can go to the nearest ATM and punch in your PIN that is provided by the bank. Once this is done, go to the relevant options and change your PIN to any desired 4-digit number of your choice.
- What do I do if my IDBI Gold Debit Card is stolen or lost?
If your debit card is lost or stolen, you will need to report the matter to the bank as soon as possible. The bank will then protect you from any fraud that happens when using your card by another party. Call the toll-free number 1-800-22-6999 which is a 24 hour toll-free number. If you are unable to contact this number, then MTNL/BSNL users can call 1800-22-1070 and customers belonging to any other service provider can call 1800-200-1947. Once this is done, your debit card will be deactivated.
- What are the charges that is levied on a Gold Debit Card?
There are no charges that are levied on merchant transactions in India. There will be a cross currency mark up of 3.5% for transactions made at international merchant locations.
Domestic Plus/Visa or MasterCard ATM For Savings Accounts:
- First 5 transactions at ATMs are free every month
- After that, cash withdrawal is charged at Rs.20 per transaction
- Balance Enquiry is charged at Rs.8 per transaction
- You are charged from the very first transaction
- Cash withdrawal is charged at Rs.20 per transaction
- Balance enquiry is charged at Rs.8 per transaction
International Plus/Visa or MasterCard ATM
- Cash withdrawal is charged at Rs.140 per transaction
- Balance enquiry is charged at Rs.30 per transaction
Transactions made at IDBI Bank ATMs Nil
- Where do I apply for a Gold Debit Card?
You can download the application form for a Savings/Current account from the official website of IDBI bank or you can go to the nearest IDBI branch and open an account over there.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.