RuPay PaySecure is an online payment authentication service offered by NPCI to customers of RuPay debit card. It comes with an architecture which scans everything from identity, transaction data, and other critical information and ensures the highest level of security. Additionally, all transactions are secured by the OTP validation method, wherein the customer is required to key in the OTP received on his/her registered mobile number.
Salient Features of RuPay Secure
- In compliance with the RBI mandate on two-factor authentication, the RuPay Secure facilitates OTP based validation of each and every transaction.
- It’s a next-gen payment processing system which is known for its user-friendliness and smooth adaptability.
- The system deploys a simple yet highly secure architecturesa which enables fast processing and reduces drop-outs.
- The information collected during data authentication is done using the highest standards of security protocols.
How to use RuPay PaySecure
The below information details how to transact with RuPay PaySecure on online platforms:
- RuPay PaySecure verifies the combination of card credentials and OTP for processing web based transaction requests
- The OTP is sent directly to the number registered with the customer’s bank account. It’s a security feature which protects customers from all kinds of cyber threats.
- Customers do not have to remember any customized images which performing transactions.
- For making online transactions, it is not necessary that the customer has registered their RuPay Card at the City Union Bank website.
- The payment method using card credentials plus OTP combination came into effect from 24th May 2016.
- In the event that you have not registered your mobile number with City Union Bank please enlist the same promptly through the concerned branch to make easy online payments.
- On successful completion of the transaction using the OPT entered by the customer, he/she will again be notified about the same.
Verified by Visa (VBV)
Verified by Visa (VBV) is another form of online payment service offered by the City Union Bank to ensure the highest level of security in all online transactions using debit cards. The service confirms the identity of the customer through a secured process while transacting online. It displays a confirmation message on the screen which is shared only between the customer and the bank. Note that you can make transactions only on merchant websites approved for VBV transactions. Check for the VBV logo on the merchant website you intent to make purchases.