Dena Bank is a public sector unit bank founded in the year 1938. From 1 April 2019, this bank merged with Bank of Baroda. Dena Bank has introduced mobile banking services to help customers experience safe and secure banking transactions on the go.
Key Features and Benefits of Dena Mobile Banking Service
The significant features and benefits of Dena mobile banking service are listed below:
- The mobile banking app can be used by single and joint account holders.
- The application is available for users of Android, Apple iOS, and Windows phones.
The facilities offered by the application are:
- Financial transactions - This includes fund transfer to self-linked accounts, third-party fund transfer, and IMPS 24x7 fund transfer service.
- Non-financial transactions - This includes balance enquiry facility, mini statement for the last 5 transactions, manage payee, change of password facility (MPIN/login), and fixed deposit balance enquiry.
- Others - Using the app, the customer can also add beneficiaries for future fund transfers, locate bank branches and ATMs, generate and retrieve MMID, and get answers to commonly asked questions.
The mobile banking facility offered by Dena Bank is absolutely free of any charges. All transactions within the bank are also free. However, fund transfer using the IMPS system is charged as detailed below:
Amount Service charges (excluding taxes) Rs.1 to Rs.10,000 Rs.2.5 Rs.10,001 to Rs.1 lakh Rs.5
- There is a maximum transaction limit of Rs.1 lakh per day.
- The USSD facility can be activated through mobile banking.
What Is USSD facility?
Once a customer is registered to the Dena Bank mobile banking service, they can enjoy the USSD facility, an effortless and convenient way of banking from the mobile phone. There is no need to download any application for the same.
- The customer need not be connected to the internet to use the facility.
The user can dial *99# from his/her registered mobile number and enjoy the services listed below:
- Balance enquiry
- Mini statement for the last 5 transactions
- Fund transfer using beneficiary IFSC code and account number
- Fund transfer using beneficiary mobile number and MMID
Dena Bank has a commendable customer service team that provides resolution to issues/queries raised by customers within a short duration. The 24x7 helpdesk of the customer care team can be contacted through the toll-free number, 1800 233 6427. Alternatively, customers can get in touch with the team through the email ID, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dena Mobile Banking FAQs
- I have installed the Dena Bank mobile banking app. What are the next steps? After you have successfully installed the app, you will be required to enter the MPIN provided by the bank and change it. The new MPIN should be a confidential value that should not be noted down anywhere. Following this, you should set up a new login password. This password is necessary to access the services of the mobile application.
- Is it possible to link more than one account to the same mobile number? For a customer, all accounts are automatically linked to the same mobile number. However, each account number will have a unique MMID.
- What are the benefits of fund transfer through IMPS? Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) is an instant fund transfer facility that was introduced by NPCI and it provides the ability to instantly transfer funds on a 24x7 basis. Funds can be transferred to banks and non-banking entities (through PPIs authorised by RBI) across the country.
- Does the beneficiary customer also need to be registered to IMPS? There is no need to register to IMPS if a customer is receiving money using the bank account details or Aadhaar number. However, to receive money using the mobile number and MMID, the beneficiary customer is required to register to IMPS.
- What is MMID? How do I get it? Mobile Money Identifier (MMID) is a seven-digit number issued by banks. It is one of the inputs, apart from a mobile number, that assists in fund transfer. The mobile number and MMID of a customer are linked to the account number uniquely, which helps identify a beneficiary customer. You can get your MMID after logging in to the Dena Bank mobile banking application.